Chapter 70

Make Your Move

Amber's POV

"Good-bye auntie, good-bye Jackie. Sorry for not staying longer. I just feel like this is for the best for everyone." said Krystal as she talked with my mom and sister. We told mom what happened last night. She was worried and kind of sad about it but she understands.

"Oh honey, don't say sorry. These things happen. It's normal." said my mom. Krystal smiled to my mom and looked at Jackie.

"Jackie, please tell Shannon I'm sorry. I'm really ashamed of my actions."

"Don't worry about it, sis-in-law. I'm sure she understands." said Jackie as she patted Krystal's shoulder. After all the hugging, Krystal and I got on the car and drove off.

"So, does your family know you're coming?" I asked.

"Yeah, I called unnie earlier this morning." she answered and I just gave a nod. The car got a bit silent before I heard her speak again. "Am..."

"Yeah?" I answered with my eyes on the road. I heard her take a deep breath and I already know what she's gonna say so I beat her to it. "Don't apologize about anything, okay? We've already talked about it." I saw her pause for a while and stared at me.

"How did you know what I was about to say?" she asked dumb-founded.

"Because I'm your girlfriend. I know you too well by now." I smirked. "You do that everytime we have a fight. You still continue to apologize the next day."

"Well that's because I feel really sorry about what I have done."

"Don't think about it anymore, okay? We're done with that."

 

Krystal's POV

I gazed at her again. I admire Amber so much. I admire her patience, her kindness, her innocence, everything. I know I've said this a million times but I'll never get tired of saying how lucky I am to have her.

"Do I really deserve you?" I was surprised when I realized I said that a little louder than a whisper.

"What did you say?" she asked while focusing on driving. "Were you talking to me or was it just my imagination?"

I smiled at her before speaking. "I said something but it wasn't important so don't think about it too much."

"Then what is it?" she asked without looking at me.

"Nothing." I said while brushing the back of my hand on her cheek.

Should I do it? I know she woudln't like it but I think that's what's best for us.

 

After a few minutes, we finally arrived at my parents' house. Amber greeted mom, dad and unnie before heading back home. I had a little chat with my family before going up to my bed room without noticing unnie following behind. As I turned the knob, I heard unnie call me.

"Soojungie, are you alright?" she asked. I glanced at her before answering.

"Uhm... not really... I mean, so-so..."

"What's wrong? Did you and Amber have a fight?" I nodded and proceeded telling her what happened last night.

"You know, I feel so ashamed of myself." I said.

"Why? You didn't need to be."

"I don't know, unnie. I didn't know that being in a relationship would be this hard." I saw unnie furrow her brows.

"What do you mean, Soojungie?" 

"I've thought about this since last night... I think... it's better for Amber and I to not see each other for a while." Unnie's eyes went round.

"What? Are you serious? Aren't you rushing things?" My eyes started tearing up.

"It's the only way I could think of. I feel like I'm causing Amber so much stress."

"Soojung..." I felt unnie's hand on mine. "Is that why you're here?" I nodded while my eyes focused on the patterns on the carpet. There was a slight pause before unnie spoke again. "Have you told Amber about this?" I shook my head. The idea of me telling Amber made my eyes well up again. The idea of us breaking up. Can I handle that? Oh God. "Soojung, this is not the solution. There's gotta be another way."

"No unnie... I want to free Amber from the pain she's having because of me. I almost ruined a wonderful friendship between her and her childhood friend. I always doubt her love for me... and everytime I do that, I know... I know she's hurting." Unnie brushed her hand on my shoulder. "I knew it when she shouted at me... that she's had enough. I'm really a bad girlfriend. People like me don't deserve her."

"Don't say that baby sis... don't be so hard on yourself." She pulled me in a hug. "Nobody's perfect... no love story is perfect. Remember what I told you before? There can never be a perfect boyfriend or girlfriend. The best that you can do is love her and make each other happy, right?" I nodded while tightening our hug. "But that's just me... your decision still lies in your hands."

"Thanks unnie..." I whispered in between my sobs. When I calmed down, unnie kissed me good night and went to her room. I stared at my phone as messages from Amber crowded the screen. I don't know if I should reply.

My phone screen started to light up. She's calling. What should I do?

 

Amber's POV

That's odd... Krystal hasn't replied to any of my messages. Maybe I should call her. I dialed her number and it took a few rings before she answered.

"Hello..." Her voice... why does it sound so gloomy?

"Princess? Why do you sound like that?"

"Like what?"

"It seems like you're sad or something... Are you sick?"

"Uhm... no... maybe I'm just tired..."

"Oh... okay... I just called because I haven't heard from you since we parted earlier."

"Ah... well I was busy talking to mom and dad... that's why..." She really sounds strange today.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah Amber, I'm okay..." Amber? Why so formal? She's acting really weird but I didn't mind it since she said she's tired.

"Uhm... then good night princess... I love you."

"Good night. I'll hang up now. Bye."

That's it? What's happening? Are we okay?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Sorry for this short chapter. This is all my brain juice could produce. I'll do better on the next chap.Thank you for always waiting and supporting.. I love you all.