Chapter 10

Make Your Move

f(x)'s DORM

Amber's POV

We are now awkwardly seated on their couch. Krystal and the noonas are busy preparing dinner. We wanted to help but none of us can cook. Key can only fry eggs. Minho mainly runs on energy drinks. Onew... just waits for food to be served on the table. Taemin and Jonghyun? Never mind. And as for me? All I can do is put cereal in a bowl, and it still makes a mess. In short, it's better for us to be here than ruin their kitchen. We might not get invited here anymore.

Victoria noona looks strict, maybe because she's in charge of the girls here. Luna noona was a little scary a while ago. But during interviews, she looks so friendly and bubbly. Maybe she's just protective of their maknaes and still aloof because she doesn't know us yet. Sulli? What can I say... She really is the Sulli that I see on TV. Very friendly, playful, and truly Krystal's bestfriend. While we were in the van, all they do is talk about anything. I saw how close they really are and it makes me smile every time I hear their laughter. It's just so pure and innocent.

"Hey Am!" said Key in a low voice who was seated across from me. "Isn't this your dream? To see them in person?" 

"Wow Am! Aren't you so lucky?" said Minho. "First, you met Krystal and became friends with her. And now we are in their dorm with the rest of the members. Do you have a lucky charm with you?"

I chuckled before saying, "Honestly, I can't believe that this is really happening... I mean, I was just a fan with a dream. Then at a glimpse, boom! Here we are!"

"But seriously Am, are you gonna pursue her?" said Jonghyun with a serious face. All of them eyed me.

Before I could answer, we heard Victoria noona's voice.

"Hey guys, it's time to eat." she said but this time, with a smile.

We smiled back.

"You should answer my question later." Jonghyun whispered before we stood up.

We all followed Victoria noona to the dining area. The food looks really delicious and our mouths watered in an instant. We now placed ourselves around the table and started eating. The noonas flooded us with questions but we happily answered them since it's a sign that they wanna know us better. Key and Taemin can't hide their huge appetite though that Onew, Jonghyun and I could only face palm mentally. Such an embarassment. Anyway, the noonas didn't have any violent reactions although I ocassionally saw Sulli stare at Key everytime he takes a spoonful of rice. Poor Sulli. As for Krystal who was seated next to Sulli looked adorable while she's eating. She takes a little bite of meat first before putting the whole cut in . New information learned.

Onew and Taemin offered to wash the dishes. I insisted to wipe the table and Key and Jonghyun are in the living room with Victoria and Luna noona. Sulli and Krystal excused themselves for  a while and went to their rooms.  All of us then gathered in the living room when the two maknaes came back wearing their comfortable clothes.

"Let's get some fresh air." Krystal said looking at my direction.

"Oh... okay." I hesistantly replied.

I followed her towards a door that leads to the balcony. 

"The moon looks beautiful tonight." said Krystal.

"Yeah." I said but I was looking at her. She's still beautiful even without make up.

Krystal caught me so I quickly looked up. "Oh I'm in trouble." I thought but I saw her suppressing a smile and I instantly felt relieved.

"You really looked cool on stage. No wonder the girls went crazy."

"Haha!" is all I can say since I was too shy. "No, they were cheering for the guys." I followed.

"Trust me, the audience especially the girls screamed their lungs out when you sang the chorus. Even the people back stage jumped along. Why can't you believe me?"

"Oh Krystal please don't think that way. It's just that... uhm... maybe I didn't expect that they will welcome us this much." I said scratching my nape hoping she'll let this go.

" So... are you really ready for this kind of life?" she asked

I stayed silent for a while thinking of what to say. Am I really ready? Are we ready? Remembering what Krystal told us before, fame is not a joke. It's a gift with responsibilities. Our every move will be watched. However, who are we to complain? We chose this and I believe we will survive.

"Yes, I am." I finally answered. "I've been waiting for this opportunity for so long and it would be crazy if I let this go."

"Good. Just remember that you guys have me, you have us to run to. Okay?" she said giving a reassuring smile.

"Okay." and I smiled just the same.

"Amber! Amb~ Oops! Am I interrupting something?" said Jonghyun feeling ashamed of himself.

"Of course you're not." said Krystal

"Well, if you're done talking... I think it's time for us to go home."

"Oh okay. Amber?" Krystal looked at me.

"Okay Jong, just a minute." I said and Jonghyun gave me a nod and left.

I just don't want to end the night like this. Krystal has been very kind to me but I haven't shown how grateful I am. I want to let her know that I could be her friend and I'm happy to be with her.

"Thanks Krystal."

"For what?"

"For..." How should I say this without sounding cheesy? I asked myself.

"...for dragging me with you that day," I continued. "... for staying in our garage, for listening to our music, for being my friend, for granting one of my wishes."

"Haha.. and what wish is that?" she said with a giggle.

"....to be this close to you." I said with the sincerest smile I could give.

She smiled back. "I'm glad I met you too. You just proved that not all fans are the same and would take advantage of us. Thank you for being true."

"I promise I won't ever do that. I am your friend, Krystal."

"Good. You're my friend too."

We smiled at each other. I like her but I want to show her how sincere I am. I want us to be friends. I want her to feel that I can be someone who she can trust. We don't need to rush right? Step by step. We are already on the first and I'll stick there for now.

 

 

Author's note: Hello readers! I hope this update is okay... I just wanted to stick with the flow of the story... I'll try to update an interesting one tomorrow, okay? Stay with me readers <3