Chapter 1

Make Your Move

(Amber's POV)

     Oh I'm so sleepy today. I spent hours watching their videos again that I didn't notice that it was already late. I watch all their live performances on youtube and download Krystal Jung's fancams. I don't know... I feel like I'm getting to know them more when I watch them. Honestly, I really like her. She captured me the first time I saw her face on TV. I remember it was a scene from their Pinocchio music video. She is really pretty even when she is young and she even got prettier when she turned 20. How can be someone be that beautiful? Argh! So here I am, on my zombie mode and just staring at my music pad.

     Hi! My name is Amber Liu, a 24 year old band vocalist in our city. I really love music. For me, music makes everthing happier. I am so into K-pop right now. I didn't pay much attention to it before until I saw her. She is an idol. She is pretty and adorable. Her name is Krystal Jung. I learned through my thorough stalking that she is the younger sister of Jessica Jung, a Girls' Generation memeber. Krystal Jung belongs to a band named f(x). All the members are so cool! Since I am a frustrated performer, she became my inspiration. I want to be close to her. I want to meet her. Someday, Krystal Jung.

      I have a lot to finish. Our band is planning to submit a demo tape to SM Entertainment, the company where f(x) and other famous groups were trained at so my bandmates and I are preparing songs that they will hopefully like. I know that this company only launches K-pop groups but it's worth a try, right? And of course, this is where Krystal Jung goes to all the time so if ever we get in, there is big chance for me to meet her! Wait, let me tell you about our band. Our music is a mix of soft rock and acoustic. We've covered a bunch of songs and people especially teenagers enjoyed it. I am the only girl in this band. I play the acoustic guitar and I also do the main vocals. My other members are Key, Onew, Jonghyun, Taemin and Minho. They are like brothers to me. Since we were young, we have always dreamed of having our own band. With the help and support of our parents, who willingly gave us instruments and space to practice, we finally formed The Strings. Haha! Since that day, we promised ourselves that we will do everthing to be famous but never forget to do it all for music. We will just entertain. Don't be into anything bad.

     So if you're wondering how I got into K-pop though it's obvious that it isn't the genre of music I like, well it is because of her. I really want to meet her. But how will that happen? She's an idol, and I'm just an amateur band vocalist. Two worlds, same theme, different rhythm. So Krystal Jung, let's just meet in my dreams tonight, okay?

"Hey Amber! You're zoning out again! Songs don't write on their own you know." Shouted Key after slapping my face.

"I am sorry dude, I am just so sleepy." I answered.

"Watching videos again huh? Do you really watch f(x) videos or something eted like..."

"Shut up, Minho! Of course f(x) videos! What else would I watch!?"

"Right. She's not like you Minho. Amber is pure and innocent unlike you." Rescued Onew.

"Well, could you please sleep early tonight so you could write songs tomorrow. We still have to prepare three more songs to complete our demo tape." Whined Taemin while twirling a drumstick in between his fingers.

"Yeah... Sorry guys, I promise I'll sleep early tonight. By the way, where's Jonghyun?"

"Present! Hahaha! I just bought food for us!" Jonghyun said while carrying a bag of bread and chips.

"Oh yeah!!!" The three dorks shouted.

"Well Amber, we have to practice our songs and get it recorded. I already asked my cousin if we could borrow his studio and equipment next Saturday."

"Alright Jong, I'll try to finish everything tonight til tomorrow."

We happily ate and practiced our songs for the demo tape. I really hope we can get in. No video watching and stalking tonight. Let's do this Amber Liu!

(End of Amber's POV)

(Someone's POV)

     Whew... another schedule. Don't we have a break? We have been working non-stop since Rumpumpumpum came out and I'm just so tired. I know I shouldn't be complaining since this is what I've wanted but we still need some rest. I hope our manager would give us some time to relax. Hello! I am Krystal Jung. I am the younger sister of Jessica Jung. Since I debuted, I was always labeled as her younger sister. Not that I don't like it but I wish people would acknowledge me as Krystal of f(x) and not as Jessica's sister. I respect her so much but being under her shadow is not what I've worked hard for. Finally, when I turned 20 and was really treated as an adult, I finally felt that I could be myself now... that I can call myself Krystal Jung of f(x).

     Oh I forgot, f(x) is my band. We have four members. Victoria, our leader and the oldest member is from Hong Kong. She is very caring and loving. Luna, the second eldest is a really good singer. She has a bubbly personality that could cheer anyone up. Last is Sulli, my bestfriend. We are the same age. This tall girl is scared of insects, birds, water, anything! But, she will be brave for you if you need her. She is the best girl I've met aside from my sister. Our group debuted a few years ago and it was hard at first but because we love to perform, we always give our best everytime we're on stage. We just had our comeback that's why we're so busy. Even if they don't say it, I know we all want to have a break. So please, let our manager realize that we are girls who run on blood and not on energy drinks. We want to have a break!