Chapter 69

Make Your Move

Amber's POV

I picked up my keys and went to the car and started driving. I don't know where I was going but I just wanted some time to think. I know Krystal can be jealous at times but didn't she go a bit overboard this time?

I saw a playground around the corner so I took a turn and decided to sit on a swing.

This is the biggest fight we ever had so far. No, this is the first serious one we had since we got together. I always try to understand her with her mood and such. I'm always patient with her. But I can't be like that allthe time, right?

My thoughts were cut when I heard my phone ringing. She's calling me but I decided not to answer it. I'm still mad at her. I don't want to raise my voice at her again in case we start agruing. I hate shouting at anyone and I hated what I did earlier but I guess I lost control already since I was so mad.

My phone started ringing again and this time it's Jackie. I sighed before swiping the green button.

"Hey."

"Where are you?"

"At the playground."

"Come home now. It's late."

"I guess you heard us fighting." 

"Well duh. My room is next to yours remember?"

"Sorry."

"Come home now."

"Maybe later."

"Dork... are you going to let your girlfriend worry about you the whole night?"

"I won't stay here the whole night, Jack. I'm just waiting for us to cool down. We might fight again if I go home now."

"Okay. But be home soon."

"Yeah big sis. Thanks."

I looked at my watch and it says 1 am. Maybe I'll stay for a couple of minutes more before going home.

 

Jackie's POV

As soon as I closed my bedroom door, I could hear Amber and Krystal's faint voices in the next room. I feel slightly guilty now because I let Shannon come with me. 

I decided to stop eavesdropping and prepare for bed. I was already brushing my teeth when I heard Krystal's voice getting louder.

"Oh boy, she's really mad." I said as the toothpaste bubbled away. 

What I heard next shocked me. Amber shouted back then slammed the door.

"Oh damn... wild llama out. Should I go there? Hmm..." I thought. Then I heard light sobbing. "Yeah... I should go there. Sigh... big future sis-in-law duties..." I finished washing my face then got out.

"Sis-in-law?" I knocked. "May I come in?" I waited for a few moments before she opened the door.

"Hey Jackie..." Krystal greeted with a cracked voice and puffy eyes.

"Need someone to talk with?" I asked with concern. She opened the door and let me in.

"Sorry if I was so loud..." she answered. 

"It's alright." I said. I sat on the bed and waited for her to talk.

"Uhm... do you think auntie heard us too?"

"Don't worry about her. That's why she chose to have a room downstairs, so she won't hear the noise Amber and I make. Plus, she's a heavy sleeper."

"Oh..." is all she said as she stared on the floor.

"I already called her. She'll come home soon. Don't be sad anymore." I said without needing to say who that person is.

"I really got her mad, didn't I?" she asked. "It's the first time she has shouted at me."

I nodded. "That surprised me as well." I glanced at her. "Sorry for letting Shannon come here with me."

"Oh Jackie, please don't apologize for that. You or Shannon didn't do anything wrong. This is all me. I'm always jealous, always insecure. I don't know why I feel this way all the time though I know that Amber loves me so much."

"Hmm... you know, I'm not a love expert but here's what I have to say, maybe you should try to relax. Erase all the negative feelings and thoughts that you have. As long as you trust and love each other, nothing will ever go wrong."

She gave a nod. "Thanks Jackie. And I'm really sorry for the way I acted. That was really impolite of me."

"We're all good." I said and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "Don't cry anymore 'cause it doesn't suit your pretty face, okay?"

"Okay Jackie, thanks again." she gave a faint smile while I replied with a thumbs up before going out.

Damn, now I have two little sisters to look after. Sigh...

 

Krystal's POV

I sat myself on the bed as I wait for Amber to come back. It's almost 3 am now. I don't want to call her. It might make her angrier. As I wait for her,I recalled those times when I acted so childish and jealous while she was all patient with me. I also recalled that incident with L, how she showed concern for me though she's in another place. But here I am, acting like this and ruining what supposed to be a good vacation. I hate it. I hate myself right now.

 

Amber's POV

I checked the time and thought about going home. I'm sure Krystal is still awake waiting for me. I hopped in the car and started driving.

I wish Krystal and I won't fight anymore when I get home. I don't want us like this.

I kept driving until I reach the garage. I quietly went in and walked up the stairs. As I stand by the door, I took a deep breath before turning the knob. I walked in and immediately saw Krystal sitting in the middle of the bed, the blanket covered her to the waist and her phone in her hand. We didn't say a word as our eyes met but I noticed how red hers were. I took my jacket and cap of before sitting in front of her but not forgetting to keep a little distance.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." she whispered back. I stared at her again as I remember how I shouted at her a while ago which made my heart ache.

"Sorry for... for shouting at you. I didn't mean it." I said with guilt in my voice.

"Me too. I'm sorry for everything I did."

There was silence in the room again. I wish I could read minds so I'd know what she's thinking. But I can't, so it's either I speak first or I'll wait for her to open up.

I watch her as she stared on the blanket while her hands fidget on the case of her phone. Did I scare her that much when I shouted at her that she doesn't want to talk anymore?

 

Krystal's POV

My eyes were glued on the blanket. I can't look at her because I was so ashamed with the way I acted a while ago. Our plan is to have fun for the short vacation we have before we go back to our busy schedules but what did I decide to do? Ruin everything. Then here she is, approaching me first. Should I really be her girlfriend? Do I really deserve her? Crazy things are running through my head now. What if... what if I tell her that we should... sigh...

"Princess..." I raised my head when she called me. "You're so quiet..." she said.

"I'm just... I'm just thinking..." 

"About?"

"Everything..." I saw her hand slowly moving towards mine until our fingers touched. Her hand held mine tightly and I did the same.

"I love you." she said as her eyes focused on mine.

"I know... and I love you too."

"Then why did you act that way? Why do you always feel jealous or insecure? It makes me think that you don't trust me..."

"I do trust you... I just feel insecure because she is your childhood friend... you have known each other for a long time..."

"Yes but that doesn't change anything... that doesn't mean anything..."

"I know..."

"Then could we please fix this? I don't like us fighting... shouting at each other." What she said made me so guilty.

"I'm so sorry Am..." I said. "Sorry... for being like this... This has always been our problem. Sorry if you feel that I don't trust you. I'm really sorry." 

"Krystal, stop saying sorry..." 

"But there are no other words to say... You're always understanding me... I always make everything difficult..."

"No you don't..."

"I do..." I answered. "We're always going through this... like when you were on tour... you needed to worry about me because of L oppa."

"But that wasn't your fault..."

"But still... you went through a lot of stress because of that..." I said. "If I wasn't your girlfriend, you didn't need to deal with that."

"What?" she now has this confused look on her face. "What are you saying?" 

"That I don't deserve you." I blurted out. "You're too good for me and it saddens me that I can't be the same for you."

"Krystal, why are you saying that? You are good for me. You support me in everything I do. You make me feel loved and special."

"But..." 

"Come here." she said before pulling me in for a hug. "Princess, stop saying those words. I know you love me. I can feel that every day." I wrapped my arms around her waist and stayed quiet. 

"Tell me what's on your mind." she said and I took a deep breath.

"Am, I think it would be better if I just spend the rest of our vacation at home." I said after spending time thinking about it. "Take me to my parents house tomorrow, please." 

"What?" She pulled away as she heard me speak. "But why? I thought we're going to spend some days here then to your parents'?"

"Yes but I don't want to ruin this further. Just spend some time with your family and Shannon... and I'll do the same with my family."

"Princess..."

"Am, it will just be for a few days... after that we will be seeing each other again in our company."

"But we really don't have to do this."

"Shannon came here to see you. And because of what happened, I'm sure everyone will feel awkward with each other especially Shannon and I. So to avoid that, I'd go home first, okay?"

"This was not what I was planning." she said in frustration. 

"It's okay Am... just take me to my parents house tomorrow."

"What about Mom and Jack?"

"I'll greet them before I go of course, silly." I giggled. I scooted near her and hugged her. "Sorry Amber, for being like this. I'll try to do better."

"No... no more apologies. Just remember that I love you so much and I would never choose anyone else but you."

"I love you too."

One thing I like about Amber and I is that we always handle everything maturely. Well, I am more on the childish side sometimes but good thing she always makes things balanced for us.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I love my readers so much.