Chapter 19

Make Your Move

Amber's POV

Not a part of my body is not shaking right now. Oh I'm so nervous. Please, I hope I won't mess up anything. I'm staring at the door bell for two minutes now.

*DINGDONG*

"Hi Amber! Welcome to our house." I was surprised when the door opened. I was expecting to see Krystal but instead, Jessica noona was the one who opened the door for me.

"Hello Jessica noona, nice to meet you." I greeted shyly and shook her hand.

"Finally, we meet. We've been so busy with our Mr.Mr. promotions that we haven't had the chance to meet the newest group of our family. Congratulations on your debut and album sales by the way."

"Thank you noona." She then let me sit in the living room and went to the kitchen. I wonder where Krystal is.

"Amber Liu!" a familiar voice called my name. Krystal is walking towards me with a wide smile on her face. I was about to speak when I saw a man standing beside her who I believe is her dad. She looked at where I was looking and immediately went back to Mr. Jung. She whispered something to him and then walked again towards me. Mr. Jung followed.

"Amber, I would like you to meet my dad."

"Good afternoon sir." I said as I bowed.

"Good afternoon Amber." he greeted me with a smile. "I think the table is set, let's go and have lunch."

I saw Jessica noona and their mom placing the last dishes on the table. I greeted her too with a bow. We all sat on the table. I was so nervous but thankfully, Krystal sat beside me. Out of nervousness, I barely uttered a word which caught Mrs. Jung's attention.

"Amber, why are you so quiet? Don't you like the food?" she asked.

"Oh no... the food is really delicious... I'm just uhm... nervous..." I said shyly.

"Amber, just relax... we're not gonna eat you." Mr. Jung said. I never thought they would be this kind. 

"Yeah Amber... breathe okay?" said Noona while giggling. I just looked at Krystal and she gave me a smile.

After eating, Mr. and Mrs. Jung invited us to hang in the living room. 

"Hey mom, Amber is a really good guitarist and singer." said Jessica noona.

"And she teaches me how to play the guitar." added Krystal.

"You, learning how to play a guitar? With your not-so-long patience, that is quite impressive." said Mr. Jung.

"Dad!" I laughed at how Mr. Jung bullies her baby girl.

"So Amber, can you sing us a song?" I blushed because of what Mrs. Jung said. 

"C'mon Amber, since dad hasn't seen you perform yet, I think it's a great idea." added Jessica noona.

I looked at Krystal and she happily gave me a nod. She then went to her room to get her guitar.

"Is it okay if Krystal will sing with me?" I asked the three when Krystal came back.

"What?" said Krystal with a suprised face.

"Oh that would be wonderful!" exclaimed Mrs. Jung. I saw Krystal blush but then agreed. I started plucking the strings. The three started to get the jumpy beat of the music. Then I signaled Krystal to sing first.

I've been living with a shadow overhead,

I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed,

I'vebeen lonely for so long,

trapped in the past I just can't seem to move on."

My turn:

I've been hiding all my hopes and dreams away,

just in case I ever need 'em again someday,

I've been setting aside time,

to clear a little space in the corners of my mind

Chorus: Krystal and I

All I wanna do is find a way back into love.

I can't make it through without a way back into love. Oooh..

Jessica noona and the couple joined in singing the song. I was surprised because The Jungs are really good singers. It's indeed in their genes. We sang more songs and talked about everything. I eventually felt at ease and my nervousness just flew away. Mrs. Jung shared some funny and embarrassing childhood stories of Krystal and Jessica which made the two whine and hid their faces with a pillow. Meeting Krystal's family made me appreciate her more. Now, I can deifinitely say that I'm ready to be a part of her life. I hope she lets me.

Krystal's POV before Amber arrived

I woke up early today to help mom and unnie prepare the food. I especially requested mom to make Ddukboki since that is Amber's favorite. After all the preparation, I went upstairs and took a bath. I spent a few minutes more to get ready. I then heard the door bell ring which means Amber's already downstairs. When I went down, she was already seated on the couch so approached her. Before she could even greet me, she saw daddy standing behind me. I walked back to daddy and whispered something.

"Dad, could you please be nice to Amber? She's uhm... important." I said to him in a sincere voice. He looked at me with his brows raised like he didn't understand what I meant.

"Please dad..." I said.

"Okay." he said and smiled. I smiled back and introduced him to Amber. Amber was obviously nervous because she was quiet the whole time. Good thing unnie broke the ice and helped Amber ease up. After eating, we had a mini concert and it was awesome seeing my family being cool like this. They welcomed Amber like how her mother welcomed me. 

"Uhm guys, can we take a photo?" I asked since everybody is still in the living room.

"Of course, wait there while I get my camera and tripod." said unnie.

"So Amber, did you enjoy your lunch here?" asked mom to Amber.

"Yes Ma'am, everything was delicious especially the ddukboki." she said.

"How about a drink, Amber?" my dad asked. Dad? I can't believe he just asked that.

"Oh thank you sir, but I don't drink. I'm so sorry." she said apologetically.

"Haha! I'm just messing with you." Dad said while messing Amber's hair. I'm really surprised about the way he acts towards Amber. Does this mean Amber is okay to him?

"Okay guys, go to your places! I only set it for 10 seconds." We all sat on our couch. Of course Amber and I sat next to each other.

*FLASH*

After taking a photo, it's time for Amber to go home. 

"Thank you very much Ma'am, Sir, and Noona." said Amber and bowed to them.

"Amber, please. Just call me uncle."

"And call me auntie." Aaw... I have very sweet parents.

"Mom, dad, unnie, I'll just send her off, okay?" I said. All of them gave me a very intriguing look while smiling. Oh these guys! I then went with Amber outside.

"You have a beautiful family Krys." Krys? She already gave me a nickname. Wee!

"Haha! You did well today." I said patting her shoulder.

"I thought they would be scary but I was wrong. They're really cool.. like you." she said showing a grin. Why is she such a sweet talker?

"So... you need to go home now right?" I said though I don't want her to leave yet.

"Yeah... I need to start packing my things so I won't be in a hurry on Sunday."

Amber's POV

I still want to stay longer but it would be too embarrassing for her parents already. We're still here outside their house. I wanted to give her a peck on the cheek but I'm afraid that her parents would see us so I just gave her a light hug.

"Good bye Krys and thank you for today."

"Good bye Amber." she said while waving her hand. I got in the car and remembered all the things that happened today. It's really a great idea to meet her family. I still can't believe about everything that has happened. I think I'm ready for stage three.

 

Author's note: Woop woop! Double update! Hihi! I used the song Way Back into Love by Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. I think it's just the perfect song. How about you guys? What do you think?