Chapter 5

Make Your Move

"Woah Am! She really gave her number!" said Key while elbowing Amber's arm.

"Is it her real number?" asked Taemin.

"Why wouldn't she give her real number? After what we've done for her?" said Onew while taking a bite from his sandwich.

The boys were staring at the piece of paper that Amber received from Krystal.

"Well only Amber can answer that." exclaimed Minho.

All the boys looked at the quiet tomboy sitting on the corner of the couch. 

"Amber, have you sent her a message yet? asked Jonghyun.

Amber just shook her head. She is not sure whether she should send a message or not. She is worried that Krystal might be busy and she would just disturb the idol.

"Why Am? If I were you I would have sent a message the moment she went inside the dorm. I would send a message for you if you like." Minho said getting his phone from his pocket.

"Stop you idiot! Krystal is Amber's! Don't cross the line! Stupid!"Jonghyun said after throwing a punch on Minho's arm.

"Well guys... I don't have the courage to send a message. She knows that I like her and she might think that I am using this as an advantage to get close to her." Amber answered while mindlessly flipping pages of her music pad.

"If she didn't want you to keep in touch, why did she give it in the first place?" said Taemin which caught all the guys' attention.

"Oh my gosh! Finally! Taemin used his brain! Praise him!" Key yelled while messing Taemin's long hair.

"Sshh!" said Onew. "If Amber is not ready, then let's not force her."

"Yeah guys. We should be focused now. Let's pray that SM Entertainment will call us within this week. Let's work hard and hope for the best!" Amber blurted out.

The Strings then went to their positions and practiced.

 

SM Entertainment Building

"Hmm... This sounds good. Who are these playing?" asked Lee Soo Man, the founder of SM Ent.

"They are called The Strings, sir. They've been playing locally and has covered some popular songs. They really sound good, sir." a secretary said.

"But, SM Entertainment doesn't really launch this kind of band and music..." Mr. Lee continued.

"Yes, but it will be your company's first and I believe they will be big." the secretary said confidently convincing the old man. Mr. Lee still seemed unconvinced but continued listening to other songs.

 

Amber's garage

"Where the hell is Jong? He's so late! How can we practice without him? Taemin said with an annoyed expeession.

"GUYS GUYS GUYS! IGOTACALLFROMSMENTERTAINMENTAGFJJFNKGMFJDBXJ!!" Jonghyun came in with a loud bang on the door, throwing the bags he was carrying and was jumping non-stop.

"WHAT?!" Amber and the guys asked in unison. Jonghyun's words were all jumbled up.

"I said... (pant) SM Entertainment called and... (pant) they said..." Jonghyun was out of breath because of the excitement he had that he couldn't continue his sentence.

"And what?!" Key shouted in frustration.

Jonghyun paused for a while before saying...

"WE GOT IN!!!!"

The shocking news slowly sank in and the members shouted and leaped for joy.

"Oh my gosh we're in!!!" Amber shouted happily.

"Yeah! What else did they say Jong?" Minho asked.

"They said we should prepare a song for because we will perform in front of them live on Friday!"

"Really? Wow! We should choose our best song!" said Taemin.

"Yes. And we should look as presentable as possible." added Onew.

"So, let's all call it a day guys. We only have three days left before this live demo. Let's have some rest then tomorrow we're gonna shop for clothes." Amber said.

The guys all went home. This is it. The Strings finally got their call. They're going to make sure that they won't let this opportunity go to waste.

 

 

Author's note: sorry for the short update. I'll update a longer one tomorrow. <3