Chapter 63

Make Your Move

Next day, at the dorm buiding's parking lot, Amber's POV

 

"Am, are these strawberries enough for auntie?" I turned around and saw Krystal holding two baskets of strawberries which surprised me.

"Princess, those are too many. We can just bring one." I said as I walked towards her. "How will she be able to eat all of these?"

"Am, strawberries are good for the body so the more the better. And don't worry, I could use some for the cake I'll be baking!" she said excitedly.

"You'll bake?" I asked with my brows raised.

"Yup! Because I remembered how auntie enjoyed the oatmeal cookies I brought before so I thought I should let her try my strawberry short cake this time!" she grinned.

"Wow! I'm sure mom would love that!" I said and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Yah! Who said you could kiss me?" she teased.

"No one but I'll do it anyway." I said before kissing her again.

"Dorky girlfriend!"

"The dork you love the most!"

"Right!" We laughed at our silliness. After loading our things in the trunk, we went back to f(x)'s dorm to say good bye to the girls. My boys are still snoring their butts off at our dorm so I didn't bother waking them up except for Jong whom I tapped lightly before heading out earlier.

"Okay kids, go safely and have fun." said Victoria noona.

"Yes noona." I answered while Krystal gave an ecstatic nod.

"And hyung, say hello to your mom for us!"

"Okay Ssul!"

"Luna unnie, good luck on your musical later!" said Krystal.

"Thanks Soojungie! Enjoy!"

 

We waved good bye at them and headed downstairs to the car.

 

"Ready for our vacation Princess?"

"You bet!"

 

We excitedly hopped on the car and drove off.

 

Krystal's POV

We're now on our way to Amber's house. I feel so happy not only because I'm with Amber, but also because we're going to see auntie. I feel very comfortable with her and treat her as my second mom. I don't know, there's something about her that makes me feel warm; the same warmth I felt when I first met Amber. Is this God's way of saying that we're bound to be together? I smiled at that thought.

"You're smiling without any reason... are you thinking about something dirty?" I heard Amber say which made me look at her. "Ew Princess!"

"What are you saying Amber!" I objected and hit her arm.

"Ouch! Why are you so violent?" she asked while chuckling.

"Because you're accusing me of having dirty thoughts you bad llama!" I said and hit her again.

"Ow! Princess it's painful. I'll tell you to mom!" 

"And what will you say?" I threatened.

"That you're hitting her precious baby." she said with a smirk.

"She'd be on my side." I confidently said.

"And why is that?"

"Because she knows who's the naughty one between us." 

"Yeah... you! Haha! You and you're weird smiling!"

"Argh!!! I told you I'm not thinking of anything dirty!" I slid near her and bit her shoulder. 

"Aah! Oh my gosh princess! Ouch ouch ouch! I'm sorry!!! I was just teasing! Ouch!" After hearing her apology, I loosened my jaw and went back to my side. "Princess, why did you do that?" she said while rubbing her right shoulder.

"Because you're teasing me."

"But that was just a joke."

"Now you've learned your lesson."

"It will bruise for sure." she said. I looked at her and she really seemed pained. I felt guilty that I went near her again and rolled up her sleeve to see her shoulder. My eyes went round as I saw my red teeth marks on her skin.

"How was it?" she asked while concentrating on the road.

"It looks... bad... sorry Am..." I said with guilt. "Am, is it still painful? You can get mad at me now. I'm sorry." she glanced at me.

"Just a little, but it's okay." she said and brushed her thumb on my chin. "What's with the sad face?" she said.

"Am..." she looked at me again. "I'm sorry."

"Princess, it's okay. It's not painful anymore."

"But look at it. It looks really bad." 

"A kiss is all it needs to make it feel better." she blurted with a wide smile. I leaned over a kissed her bruised shoulder.

"Teng teng teng!" she raised her right arm and started rotating it. "See, it's better! Thanks to your magic kiss!" What she said made me laugh out loud but deep inside I was so relieved. I'm really thankful for having her. She's so understanding and knows how to match my mood and craziness.

"Really? It's all better?" I asked.

"Yup! All better! And I'm sorry for teasing you, I'll never do that again."

"Uhm... no, actually I like us being like this, being playful, having our friendly side and romantic side. I like it." I said and held her arm. "I like how we are and I don't wanna change any of it."

"Me too, princess." she said and aimed her lips on mine.

 

Amber's POV

I love our moment right now, just the two of us on the road being ourselves. It's like we are so free and we can do anything together. And I also like how excited she is to see my mom, she makes me feel like she really wants to be a part of me. I love her. I truly love her.

"Am, can I borrow your phone? I just want to see your playlist because I’m so bored with mine.

“Of course. And princess, you don’t need to ask for my permission, you can use it anytime you want.” I assured her.

“But this is private. If I just use this without your consent, it’s like I’m invading your privacy.

“Krystal Jung, you’re my girlfriend, I’m your girlfriend, there’s no need for that, okay?”

“Okay~” she said with flushed cheeks. She went through my playlist and played a song from my band’s album. The speakers blasted with the sound of the bass drum as she started singing along.

“Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs with the boom box blaring as we’re falling in love. Got a bottle of whatever but it’s getting us drunk singing here’s to never growing up!” she banged her head with the beat of our song while I chuckle at her. This is a side of her that still surprises me. “I really like this song!” she exclaimed.

“Yeah I can tell! Haha!”

“What was your inspiration when you were writing this song?”

“Uhm… I just thought about what the boys and I do when we’re having fun. I think highschool was the best time of our lives. I mean, where we are now was beyond what I imagined but when we were in highschool, we just hangout, go to parties and just enjoy our time playing music in our garage.” I said with a smile on my face as I recall me and the guys’ highschool adventures. “How about you princess, how was your highschool like? You still went to a normal school, right?”

“Yeah I did… but it wasn’t as fun as yours.”

“What do you mean?”

“Mmm… I had friends but I can’t hang with them a lot because of my schedule.” she said with a tint of sadness. “Even though I just wanted to have a movie date with them, it’s difficult especially when I debuted. If I want to meet them, it should be somewhere near my place or somewhere not crowded, but where would that be? So I just see them during special occasions like birthdays or graduations.” She said before heaving a sigh. I can feel the frustration in her voice.

“Oh…” is all I could say. I never knew she had experiences like these. “So do you still have contact with them?” I asked.

“Yes… two of them are in the States for college. I think if I wasn’t in the business, I would also be abroad studying about arts or fashion.” I looked at her to see her expression. She doesn’t look sad though, but I can feel that somehow, she wanted to know what it’s like to have that kind of life.

“So that’s why you asked me to take you with me, right?” I asked with a giddy tone to lighten up the mood.

“Huh?” she confusedly asked.

“That day outside SM Entertainment building, when you told me to take you away in exchange for your autograph. Haha!”

“Oh! Haha! Yeah, I really wanted to get away from everything that day.”

“And I’m glad you grabbed me with you.” I looked at her and smiled. “I hope you feel happy when we’re together. I hope that even though you’re still stuck in this business we are in, somehow I make you feel better, that I somehow take the stress away.” I said with all sincerity.

“Amber Liu, you’ve been a blessing to me, from that day you ran away with me until today. I couldn’t imagine not having it the other way.” We smiled at each other before saying those three words at the same time.

 

Krystal's POV

The trip to Amber's hometown wasn't too far but it took us a little while to get there because of our stop overs. We stopped whenever there is beautiful scenery and take selcas. We even saw a bingsu shop and ate there for a while. This stay is just too perfect, just Amber and I having this private time to ourselves. I wish it could last for a long time.

After an hour or so, we finally reached their house and since my girlfriend is crazy like me, she didn't call auntie about our visit. I bet she would be so surprised.

"Princess, what if you go in first?"

"Huh? Why me?"

"We're surprising her remember? Come on, just make up a story."

"Hmm..." I thought for a while. "Oh okay, I got it." I said as an idea popped in my head. I told Amber what my plan is and went out of the car.

 

*dingdong*

"Auntie? Auntie?" I called out.

"Yeah? Who's there?"  I can hear her faint voice from inside the house.

"Auntie it's Krystal..."

"Eh?" I can hear her foot steps as she got closer. "Who is - "

"Auntie!!!" I exclaimed.

"Omo! Krystal??? Krystal!" she said and hurriedly opened the screen door. 

"Hi auntie! How are you?" I said as I gave her a hug. 

"I'm doing well~ How about you?"

"I just finished filming my drama that's why I have time for vacation."

"Wow that's great! But wait, how about Amber? I thought her tour was supposed to end yesterday?" she said in a worried tone.

"Oh that, well that's why I'm here... She told me to visit you since her tour got extended..." I said sadly.

"Ah really? That's sad..." My heart broke seeing how lonely auntie feels right now but I must get on with the plan. "But don't worry auntie, she sent you something but it's heavy... Could you help me carry it? It's in the car."

"Oh, okay..." I led her where Amber parked which was just a few steps from their gate. "It's in here." I said as I pointed at the car door. "Open it auntie."

"Me? Alright." I took a step backwards preparing for her reaction.

"HELLO MOM~" shouted Amber and like we expected, auntie shrilled like crazy.

"OH MY GOSH! AMBER! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SURPRISE ME LIKE THIS!"

"Relax mom, I just wanted to surprise you because I missed you so much!!!" said Amber before pulling auntie in a hug.

"Aaw my baby, I thought you're still overseas..." said auntie while tightly hugging her daughter.

"I just got home yesterday mom. And since Krystal and I have our vacation, we decided to come here. We'll stay for three days!"

"Really? That's wonderful!"

Amber looked at me and gestured for me to join them.

"Yes auntie, I really want to spend time with you again."

"Aaw... aren't you the sweetest future daughter-in-law~" auntie said before wrapping her arm around my waist.

"Auntie~" I tightened our hug. "Thank you for treating me as your daughter too." I said and glanced at Amber who has this dorky grin on her face. I smiled back and stuck my tongue out.

"Okay then kids, let's get inside."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Just love and fluff for this. Thank you for waiting! <3