Chapter 37

Make Your Move

Krystal's POV

Amber made a lot of new friends because of their performances in different TV shows. So last time she met Ailee who asked for her number which made me jealous as hell but one time, she invited me and Amber to have lunch with her and that's when I knew that their friendship is more of the brother-sister type. There was nothing malicious about her actions towards Amber, actually she just acts like a very adorable sister and seeing that made me relieved. However, it's funny how Amber glanced at me whenever she and Ailee are talking, I think she's still worried about me getting jealous but I just smiled at her to show that everything was alright.

Since Red Light promotions already ended, the girls and I have time now to focus on our solo activities. Vic Umma was offered to do a music video with Exo-M's Tao, Luna unnie is busy with her musical play, Sulli is hosting a new music show, and just a few days ago I got a call from manager oppa telling me about a new drama. I was so happy and surprised because they are offering me the lead role! It is my first lead role for a drama and accepting it would boost my career even more. I know that I have mentioned how tired I was with this kind of life and having a new drama would make me busier than before but of course, this project is a blessing for me because the producers and directors trust me with this. Manager oppa also said that I'll be working with Rain oppa, Infinite's L oppa and other good actors and actresses. Oh I'm so excited and I can't wait to start filming!

 

Amber's POV

"Hey Am, I heard that Krystal got the lead role for her new drama." said Key who took a seat beside me.

"Yeah and that's pretty big!" said Taemin.

"Who will she be working with dude?" asked Minho who was seating on the floor with the game controller in his hands. He and Onew are playing GTA again. It's their way of relaxing, haha.

"She said her leading man would be Rain hyung and L would be Rain hyung's rival ." I said while taking a sip from my bubble tea.

"L? L from Infinite?" asked Onew without taking his eyes from the TV.

"Yup." I answered shortly.

"Ooohhh... L... Isn't he Infinite's most handsome member? And there was a rumor about them dating before..." teased Key.

"Yeah but I don't think that's real." I said.

"Why? Did you ask her about that?" Now it was Jonghyun who asked.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't think it's important. I mean, why would I ask her something that was not even sure? It was just a rumor."

"But they will work together now? What if it was true?" asked Onew. All of them stopped with what they're doing because of this topic.

"Then it's okay. I trust Krystal so I don't to worry about anything. And please, stop making this a big deal guys, okay?"

"Okay dude but remember we're just here for you."

"Yeah I know... Thanks guys."

After that conversation, the guys and I joined in to cook dinner. The Strings' version 2.0 :P. Yup! We can cook now thanks to the girls. Though it wasn't as delicious, it was edible and much healthier than pizzas and hamburgers. After dinner, we hung out for a while before going to our rooms. I can't help not to think about what the boys and I talked about earlier. Should I really be worried about Krystal and L? But, no Amber, you trust Krystal so you shouldn't be thinking about this. With that thought, I went to sleep hoping everything would be okay.

 

NEXT DAY

"Bye bye my Amber... see you later, okay? I love you." 

"I love you too my princess. Have fun!" I said before waving good bye to Krystal as she rode on the van. Today is their first filming day that's why she's so excited. I'm so proud of her because finally, she got a lead role. She is not just a good performer, she is also a good actress and getting a lead role is one of her dreams, too.

The boys and I will be guests for Hello Counselor later. I am a fan of that show because the hosts are so funny especially Ms. Lee Youngja. She's my favorite host because she doesn't really get shy even though she acts silly in front of the audience. The boys and I got ready and went to Hello Counselor's studio.

"Hello everyone, we have special guests today! Say hi to The Strings!" Everyone cheered as we waved our hands. 

"Good day to all of you, we are The Strings!" We chorused to formally greet the audience.

"Okay, so how have you guys been doing?" asked Dong Yeop hyung.

"Uhm.. we have just finished promoting our Dark Clouds and Moonlight album and we would like to say thank you to our fans who supported us throughout promotion time. Thank you very much." answered Jonghyun and our fans' cheer roared in the studio.

"Hmm... Amber, how have you been?" asked Youngja noona. 

"Oh... I've been doing great because we have more time to rest now. Haha." I suddenly felt shy since I am Youngja noona's fan.

"I heard that you write all the songs and they are really good. I wonder if it is because you have someone special now?" That question seems familiar... Haha... Before I could answer, the fans kept shouting Kryber which made me more shy and this caught the hosts' attention.

"Kryber? What is Kryber?" asked Chan Wu hyung. I was still too shy to answer but I was surprised when the fans answered for me.

"KRYSTAL AND AMBER!!!" cheered the fans.

"Krystal? Krystal of f(x)?" asked Tae Kyun hyung.

"Ah... yes... Krystal of f(x)..." I answered shyly while smiling.

"Oh... is she your girlfriend?" The scream from the fans got loud and my boys kept shaking and patting me while laughing. 

"Uh... hmm... Yes... Krystal is my girlfriend." With that the shrill of the fans got louder and wilder. The hosts were surprised but they were clapping their hands showing their approval. When everyone calmed down, Youngja noona asked me again.

"Wow... why only now? Was your relationship supposed to be a secret?"

"Oh no... we weren't hiding anything... all of our friends know about us even our parents." I answered giving them a confident smile.

"But this is the first time you're telling it to the public, right?"

"Yes, since you asked. I mean the reason why some people didn't know about us is because they weren't asking."

"Ah.. good point. Well good luck to you and Krystal and thank you for your honesty." The audience and the hosts gave me an applause.

"So now let's get to our first concern." We all went on with the show which ended well. After that, the boys and I went to SM Ent. to practice our songs. I also sent Krystal a message. I can't call her because I might disturb their filming.

 

To: My Princess

         My princess, please call me when you're done filming, or send me a message, okay? I love you."

 

"That was so brave of you, Am." said Onew while giving me a pat on the shoulder.

"Yeah... but I thought Krystal didn't want you to disclose your relationship?" said Key.

"Yup, so I need to talk to her about that later."

"But I don't see anything wrong about that dude." said Minho while taking a seat.

"Me too... because you're not hiding anything." said Taemin.

"But Krystal wanted their relationship to be private."added Jonghyun.

"Uhm... do you think she'll be mad?" I asked worriedly.

"Maybe not... because you were just honest back there. Don't worry, okay?" I just nodded. Why do I feel like I'll be in trouble?

 

Krystal's POV

From: My Amber

         My princess, please call me when you're done filming, or send me a message, okay? I love you."

Hmm... why does Amber's message sound so urgent? Is there something wrong? My thoughts were interrupted when I heard our director's voice.

"Krystal, let's continue."

"Yes." I quickly went back to the set. I'll be doing a scene with Rain oppa now and it will be the last for today. Before I went inside the tent, L oppa suddenly called me. Why is he still here? I thought he already went home.

"Oppa? Why are you still here?"

"Uhm... nothing, maybe you would like to have coffee before going home?" he said with his charming smile.

"Oh... I would love to but I need to go home now. Someone is waiting for me. Sorry." His expression suddenly changed a little.

"Really? Even for a few minutes?" He asked.

"I really have to go." With that I politely bid him good bye and went inside the tent to get my bag. My assistant followed me out and we directly went to the van. I quickly dialed Amber's number.

*phone ringing*

"Hello princess."

"Hello Amber. What's wrong?"

"Uhm... can we meet later when you get home? I need to tell you something."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... maybe..."

"Hey... you're making me nervous... Tell me now."

"Just later, okay? I love you."

"Okay. I love you too."

She made me so worried that I want to get home as soon as possible. When I reached the dorm, I didn't bother to eat dinner. I just put my things down and went to Amber.

*knock knock*

"Where's Amber?" I asked Taemin who opened the door for me.

"I think she's in her room." I quickly went in her room without even knocking.

"Am?" I called as I saw her lying on her bed. She immediately sat up not removing her eyes from her. 

"Hi princess." She smiled but she looks a little down. Why?"

"Are you okay? Why do you look so sad?"

 

Amber's POV

Oh no... here she is... how should I answer this... Amber, fighting!

"Oh... because... this afternoon, we attended Hello Counselor, right?" she nodded her head while waiting for me to continue. "Then before hearing the first concern, of course the hosts do short interviews with their guests and they asked me if I have a special someone." I kept pausing so I could look at her reaction clearly but she didn't say anything so I continued. "But before I could answer,  the fans suddenly shouted "Kryber" which made the hosts very curious so they asked what that means." Still no reaction form her. Sigh. "I was about to explain but the fans beat me in answering again. So in the end, Youngja noona asked me if you are my girlfriend and I said yes. I also explained why we didn't say it in public before and they happily showed their approval and support for us. In short, I told the public that we are in a relationship. You can hit me now."

After my last sentence, I just closed my eyes and prepared myself to get slapped and shouted at. I suddenly felt her hands on each side of my face. Oh my gosh this is it. Maybe she''ll bite my nose off. I was ready for the worst, but to my surprise, I felt a pair of lips on mine. She's kissing me... what? When she pulled away, I opened my eyes and saw her smiling while seated in front of me. Huh?

"Aren't you mad?" She shook her head. "But I thought you wanted our relationship to be private?"

"That was before, but after what happened with Ailee, even though she didn't mean anything, I want everyone to know that you're mine so they won't go flirting with you." she said then showed a bright smile. I smiled at what she said. Whew, I thought she would be angry. After that crazy moment, we went to the dining room so Krystal could eat dinner. We then went to the balcony after she ate and I asked about her first filming day.

"It was so fun! All the staff and directors were really kind. My co-actors also treated me well." she said excitedly.

"That's good to hear. You will have filming again tomorrow, right?"

"Yup and I need to leave earlier."

"Then I'll wake you up earlier." I told her with my wide grin.

"Uhm... Am, do you know L oppa?"

"Yup... I think we performed in Music Bank one time but we haven't been personally introduced."

"Ah... because a while ago before going home, he asked me if I wanted to have coffee..."

"What?!"

So should I be jealous now?

 

Author's note: Readers!!! I miss all of you and hello to my new subscribers! Thank you for giving time for my story. So... this is what I got so far, what do you think about it? Is it strange? Crazy? Lame? Boring? Stupid? Tell me <3