Chapter 41

It Should Have Been Me

Jaehee’s POV

 

Appa was looking for Oppa, and I don’t know where he is. I was walking around the grounds when I saw someone walk in.

tumblr_lqnn6f2dxo1r2sbego1_500.png

I wanted to step away, I didn’t like the awkward atmosphere earlier, but if I do, like what he said, I’m just lying to myself.

“Good afternoon, Young miss.” He said.

“Hi, oppa, i—need to go look for~”  I was about to turn when he pulled me back.

“It doesn’t have to be like this, no awkward moments, please?” He looked at me.

“No awkward moments.” I nodded, I felt him hug me.

“Oppa?” I said.

“I……like you.” I whispered. I felt his hug tighten.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I saw her standing there, looking ethereal in a white dress.

81443-pic-26.jpg

I approached her and greeted her.

 

“I……like you.” I heard her whisper when I hugged her. I felt myself smile, I let go of her and made her face me.

“Thank you, Jaehee, for coming to me.”

“You were right, oppa, I had to be honest to myself too.” She smiled. I kissed her forehead.

“Then, to the party we go?” I asked as I took her hand in mine.

“Yes, to the party we go.” She smiled as she kissed my cheek.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~(A/N: I listened to In Heaven-JYJ by writing this part, might wanna try it too :DD)

 

The most talked of couple was seen talking in a quiet corner of the garden. They looked like they were having a serious conversation.

“Jung Minyoung, would you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?” Jaejoong asked her as he held her hands.

Minyoung looked away from him.

“I’m….I’m….---sorry, I cant.” She finally said. Jaejoong looked hurt.

“I want us to break up now, Jae, I cant take all the lying and pretending anymore. It’s hurting me.” Minyoung said.

“That’s why I’m here asking you to be my girlfriend, so that we can stop pretending.” Jae explained.

Minyoung couldn’t reply, she was afraid that if she would speak, her tears would fall. She had to be strong and give him a clean break.

“I love you, Jung Minyoung.” Jaejoong said.

“I’m sorry, but we have to break up, Jae. But, I thank you for everything.” Minyoung stood up.

She was about to walk back towards the party when a pair of strong arms hugged her from behind.

“Don’t leave.” He said.

Minyoung was fighting her tears.

“You have to let me go now.” She said as she pried his hands off and walked away. Jaejoong stepped back. His eyes were full of….sadness and hurt. He sat down on the bench. He watched as the girl he loves left him.

“Don’t leave, don’t leave- can’t you stay by my side?” He said to himself.

tumblr_lsx48hiN771qdg4buo1_500.gif

 

Your POV

 

I had to do it, it was for everyone’s good. I tried to hold the tears until I got into my car.

“I’m sorry, Jaejoong, I love you.” I whispered as I sat on the car seat.

I never thought this would happen, I never thought it would end to this. I never thought that I’d fall for him. I fought back the teaers as I remembered our memories together. His face was constantly flashing in my mind.

tumblr_lqlztxBPbF1qgqekmo1_500.png

I drove out of the Kim estate and went home.

So much pain, I can’t breathe.

We were wrong from the beginning, our relationship was a lie. It was all a lie. But now, I finallt heard the thing I’ve been wanting to hear from him, but I can’t say anything, it would hurt him.

I was on the road, heading home and my phone kept on ringing. Jaehee was calling. She must be confused why I disappeared from the party.

Hwang Sooyeon better keep her word.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Jaehee was standing with her parents on the stage, her mom was talking, thanking the guests for coming. She was fidgeting, her brother had gone MIA and Minyoung was no where in sight. From where she was standing she saw Yunho smiling at her. She smiled back. Then something caught her eye.

“Who invited her!?” She muttered.

“The Hwangs are our business partners, Jaehee.” Her dad said with a warning tone.

“Where is your brother, honey? He’s not showing himself.” Mrs. Kim asked as they got off the stage.

“I don’t know, I’ll….look for him.” Jaehee walked towards the gazebo. She walked around the party, still no sign of her older brother.

“Kim Jaejoong, pick up your phone.” She said as she dialed.

Then she saw her brother making his way to the house.

“Oppa! Wait! Mom’s looking for you!” She ran to him.

“Not now, Jaehee, I want to be alone.” He said, his back facing her.

“Oppa, I know youre tensed about it, but Mom needs~”

“I said not now, leave me alone!” Jaejoong exploded, Jaehee shut up. He walked to the hosue without turning back.

 

Jaehee was troubled as she went back to the party.

“Hey, is something wrong?” Yunho was at her side.

“No,,,, I don’t know, my brother’s acting weird.” She said.

“Good evening, Jaehee.” Sooyeon said as she approached them.

“Why are you here?” Jaehee said.

“I just wanted to greet your mother a happy birthday, what’s so bad about that?”

“Get lost.” Jaehee said through gritted teeth.

“Not so polite, are you?” Sooyeon said.

Yunho pulled her away from Sooyeon.

“Something’s not right. Oppa’s acting differently, Minyoung’s no where to be seen and she’s here.” She said as they sat down.

“Look, relax okay? I’m sure there’s an explanation for this.” Yunho rubbed her arms in a comforting manner.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=