That Feeling

It Should Have Been Me

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Heads turned as the couple went in the lobby. They knew who they were but no one dared to utter a word. Judging by how powerful their families were, who would want to question them. Jaejoong had his arm around Minyoung, he was wearing his usual cold look and strong aura. While Minyoung was walking confidently in her heels with the grace and poise of an heiress.

The two dating, it’s a power couple.

 

Then they ended up standing infront of the party hall.

“Should we go in?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yes, let’s do this.” Minyoung replied.

Jae placed his arm around Minyoung’s waist and they both entered the place.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

I was talking with a few friends when the room became quiet. I smiled to myself as I turned to where the others were looking at. I saw my brother enter with Minyoung in his arm. I heard some females gasp and sigh. I heard guys grunt.

“So, theyre really seeing each other?...Omo, what about Hwang Sooyeon?....They look good together…Mr. Kim is so hot…..The Jung heiress? I dig her…..Whoa, this is news!”

I heard people mutter.

I saw Sungmin oppa approach that.

“Happy birthday Sungmin.” Jaejoong oppa greeted him.

“Thank you, but…you brought….?” Sungmin oppa asked.

“Oh, this is Jung Minyoung, my girlfriend, Minyoung-ah, this is Lee Sungmin, my cousin.”

“Nice meeting you and happy birthday.” Minyoung shook his hand.

“Thank you Miss Jung, I hope you enjoy the party.” Sungmin oppa excused himself and left. I made my way towards them.

“That was good acting.” I grinned.

“Ya, people might hear you.” Minyoung said.

“When did you get here?” Oppa asked.

“15 minutes, I think. Anyway, congratulations to your relationship.” I patted both of their shoulders and walked back to my table, until…I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Jaehee-yah.”

I instantly froze on the spot.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

She looks so beautiful tonight. Her pink mini dress made her look like a goddess. The way her face would color when I compliment her was cute. She had innocent brown eyes and her smile would always catch me off guard.

“Are you okay? You’re not feeling uncomfortable?” I asked her we were sitting down.

“Ah, yes, I am.” She gave me one of her smiles again.

“Just tell me if you feel uncomfortable or something.”

“Sure…but there is one thing.”

“What?”

She was looking at my neck intently.

“Your tie…” She reached for my tie and straightened it. I felt my heart flutter a bit at her sudden closeness.

“It was crooked.” She said as she placed her hands on her lap.

“Th~~thanks.” I looked around us. Some people were observing us.

It’s time we put the show on.

“Minyoung-ah, theyre looking at us, what should we do?” I grinned.

“Really?” She seemed to catch on my joke.

“Can I do this?” I pinched her cheek gently.

“Then, can I do this?” She pretended to fix the lapel on my coat.

We both laughed as we heard murmurs around us. I can’t believe I am actually loosening up to her. Maybe this plan isn’t so bad after all.

 

“What is this?!” Minyoung and I were both talking when someone yelled at us. I found a lady wearing a skimpy cream dress in front of us.

“Oppa, how could you do this?! The engagement~” She fake cried in front of us.

“I’m sorry, but I’m seeing her right now, I cant get married to you, Sooyeon-ssi.” I placed my arm around Minyoung’s shoulder.

 

Your POV

 

“What?! This….You left me for a bratty heiress?!” Hwang Sooyeon screeched. People were looking at us now. I smell trouble.

“Stop it Sooyeon-ssi, you’re causing a scene.” Jaejoong’s grip on my shoulder tightened.

“I cant believe you left me for this cheap .” She said.

Now that got me.

“Excuse me? What did you just call me?” I ticked.

“A cheap , and a home wrecker.”

“He was never yours, he disagreed, Miss Hwang.”

“You’re wrong, he was mine first!”

“Really? Then why aren’t you the one in his arms right now?”

“Minyoung-ah~” Jaejoong tried pulling me away. I can feel anger and annoyance in me.

“Look at the way you dress, I’m not the cheap one here, it’s you.”

“.” She raised her hand to slap me, but Jaejoong stopped her.

“Don’t you dare lay a finger on her.” He looked at her with coldness.

Sooyeon smirked and left.

“I’m sorry. I exploded.” I said as we sat down.

“No, I should be the one apologizing.” He said.

“But, did you two got close to each other? Miss Hwang.”

“No, I first met her at the announcement.”

“Really~” I felt something being poured at me.

“Take that, .”

“Hwang Sooyeon-ssi.” Jaejoong stood up and placed his coat on me. My dress and hair was partially wet from the water she poured at me.

“I told you to leave.” Jaejoong sounded angry…he looked..scary.

“Get engaged to me first.” Sooyeon said.

“Oh my god, seriously, you jut cling so much don’t you.” I stood up, I couldn’t take in anymore.

“No, you’re the one who’s clinging, he was mine first~” She was holding Jae’s arm.

“Shut up, plastic surgery.” I heard a voice behind me.

“Sis..Sister in law.” Sooyeon said.

“My .” Jaehee looked at her from head to toe.

“Get lost, you’re causing a scene.” She said.

“I don’t want to.” Sooyeon said.

“Don’t want to? Okay.” Jaehee raised her hand and two bodyguards arrived and “escorted” Sooyeon out.

“Sorry about that, Minyoungie.” Jaehee said as she gave me a tissue. Jaejoong was still there standing.

“Oppa, I know your temper, sit down first, please.” Jaehee placed her hands on his shoulders and made him sit.

“’I’m sorry, Minyoung.”He said.

“It’s okay.” I gave him a smile.

“No, it’s not.” The look in his eyes looked different. He looked really mad. I heard Jaehee sigh.

“Let’s go, you might catch a cold with your clothes being wet.” He made me stand and we exited the hall.

“We’re going home?” I asked as he opened the car door for me.

“No, we’re buying you clothes.”

“Why?”

“What would your brother say if I bring you home looking like that?” He said.

Okay, he has a point. I nodded.

 

He was driving silently; it was like his ice prince mode was on.

“I’m sorry for what happened earlier, it must have shocked you.”

“Well, it did a bit, I didn’t know she was…. ferocious.”

“She’s annoying. I need to talk to my dad about her.”

“Jaehee hates her, doesn’t she?”

I saw a small smile form on his lips.

“You know your friend to well.”

Speaking of Jaehee, where was she? Is she still at the party?

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

Good thing I found a way to escape him, I saw Minyoung and Oppa being harassed by Hwang Sooyeon. I quickly side stepped him and went to them.

 

I watched them as Oppa held Minyoung’s hand and left. I sense something, the look on Oppa’s face, he never got angry for a girl, he never helped a girl and he never looked at any girl that way. I felt myself smiling.

“Why must you ignore me?”

I faced the owner of the face. Memories started to bombard my mind. His handsome face, doe-like eyes and his voice.

“I’m sorry, Oppa. I was….preoccupied, anyway, it’s been a long time.” I said as I gave him a smile.

“You were? Nice meeting you again, Jaehee.” He shook my hand firmly. I felt him looking at me. No, don’t look back, Jaehee, don’t.

“Excuse me, Oppa, I need to go.” I tried to pry my hand away but he resisted.

“We have not seen each other for almost two years, and this is all what you have to say to me?”

“……Congratulations on getting married.” I said as I pulled away. I couldn’t stand the awkwardness, why did he have to make me say that? You are such a fool, Kim Jaehee!

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

The tall young man looked at the Kim heiress as she walked away. There was a sad look on his face.

“I didn’t get married, I was waiting for you.” He whispered to himself as he went back to his seat.

Meanwhile, Jaehee was seen giving her wishes to her older cousin, Lee Sungmin and she left after.

She looked troubled and frustrated as she went to her car.

“I must not be affected by this.” She said firmly as she got in her car and drove away.

 

Jung Minyoung was seen in a clothing store with her “boyfriend”. The young master Kim was sitting down while waiting for Minyoung to change.

He was mindlessly browsing a magazine, when he heard someone walk out. Minyoung came out wearing a simple floral dress and flats.

“I’m done.” She said with a smile.

Jaejoong had a difficult time not to stare at her. He was at loss of words.

“You look nice.” He said as he stood up and made their way to the cashier.

“I’ll pay.” Minyoung took out her wallet, but Jae blocked it with his hand.

“The guys pay, you know.”

“But, i’m the one who’s~”

“But I’m your boyfriend, right?” He reminded her, he was aware that the salesladies recognized them.

“Oh, right.” Minyoung nodded.

They exited the store while holding each other’s hand.

“Do you wanna go somewhere?” Jae asked as they walked around the mall.

“Arcade?” Minyoung hesitated.

“Sure, let’s go.”

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

It’s been a while since I went to an arcade, it’s been like….3 years? I looked at Minyoung, she was having fun with the basketball game. I looked around us, some men were eyeing her. I was standing a few feet away from her. Then, I saw one guy approach her.

“Excuse me, Miss~”

“Minyoung-ah, how’s the game going?” I placed my arm around her and placed my chin on her shoulder. I saw the guy walk away.

I felt her tense under my grip. Kim Jaejoong, what did you just do?! I let go of her.

“Thanks..” She muttered.

“Guys get easily attracted to you.” I .

“Women always have the hots for you.”

After playing, we went back to my car and drove her home.

 

We entered the Jung mansion lot, and I walked her to the front door.

“Well, that wasn’t a bad start right?” she grinned.

“Sort of, go on in, it’s getting cold.” I chided.

“Good night Jaejoong.”

“Good night, Minyoung.”

She got in the house and I walked back to my car.

I felt a smile form on my lips. So, this is how it feels, having a girl friend, having someone to protect and to care for.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

teaser:

 

“What is this??! When did this start!?!?”

 

“Please listen to me, Yunho oppa!”

 

“No, I cant get married to her, I don’t love her.”

 

“What’s done is done!!”

 

“Get me Kim Jaejoong, right now!!”