Chapter 52

It Should Have Been Me

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I woke up and I noticed that it was already dusk outside. I looked at my wristwatch. 5 PM.

I tried to sit up. But I felt something holding on to me. I moved.

I saw her, beside me. Her beautiful face was slightly covered by the covers. Her arms were around me, she was hugging me.

Wait….she’s here? I must be dreaming. I tried to reach for her face. When my fingers came in contact with her skin. I felt shocked. She’s real?

I slowly removed her hands off me and sat up. Do I miss her that much? That I even hallucinate about her?

I poked her arm. Her brows furrowed, then she opened her eyes.

“Oppa?” She said as she rubbed her eyes. I looked at her.

“Look, I know your mad, but you have to understand me,,, it was the only way I could bring them back.” She sat up and faced me. She changed clothes? Wasn’t she wearing the hospital gown yesterday when I visited her? Am I being like this because I didn’t get to visit her today?

“But, I’m okay now, see.” She said as ran her hand over her forehead.

“I’m dreaming right?” I said. She looked at me weirdly.

“No, you’re awake.” She said while playing with a pillow.

“I am, you’re supposed to be in the hospital….in a coma.” I said, then she suddenly pinched me.

“Ya~! What was that for?” I rubbed my arm.

“You’re not dreaming.” She pouted, looking annoyed.

I just stared at her, unbelieving. If she got out of the hospital, why does she look so perfect? She looked so pale back then, but always beautiful.

“What will I do to you?” She sighed. Then I felt her lips on mine. I was stunned.

“I am here, Jung Yunho. You’re not dreaming or whatever.” I felt her hug me.

I hugged back. Tears forming on my eyes.

“You just don’t know how important you are to me, huh?” I pushed her back. She looked shocked.

“I told you I’d help you witht them, why did you have to do that?!” I took her by the shoulders and shook her lightly.

“Oppa, there was nothing I could do~”

“You never think for yourself Hee, you always want to take all the pain with you.”

“I’m sorry, oppa, but I’m okay now. I’m not sick anymore.” She sat on my lap and hugged me.

“I love you, remember that.” I said as I hugged her back. I felt her nod.

It was nice to have her back, it’s been three weeks and I miss her too much. I am so thankful she’s awake.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

“Where did you come from? You look tired.” I said as I sat down on the couch and the television.

“I drove from Namwon, conference.” He said as he sat beside me. He made me sit on his lap.

“You seem busy.” I nodded as I switched channels.

“Does Jae know you’re here?” He asked. I stop pressing the button of the remote.

Earlier, we reported that Kim Jaehee was kidnapped, earlier this afternoon Seoul Police Station has announced that they are investigating on Miss Kim’s case. It appears to be she disappeared from her hospital room~

“Does that answer your question?” I gulped. He made me face him.

“You escaped from the hospital?!!?” He looked at me pointedly.

“I’m sorry, I was just…bored.” I bit my lip.

 

“You amaze me.” He said as he stood up and got his coat off the rack.

 

“Where are you going?” I asked.

 

“Police station, your brother…he’ll kill us both.” He said as I stood up.

 

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV
 

 

I was sitting down in the waiting room with Minyoung.

 

“Where’s Yunho?”

 

“He went to Namwon earlier, I don’t think he’s back.” She sighed.

 

“Does he know already?” I asked as I took hold of her hand.

 

“I don’t know, he wouldn’t answer any of my calls.”

 

Then, the doors opened, we stood up, thinking it was the deputy but we were wrong.

 

“Oppa, I can explain.” It was Jaehee and Yunho.

 

“Where were you?” Minyoung spoke first.

 

“Oppa, I didn’t get kidnapped.”

 

“I woke up this morning and I snuck out of the hospital.” She said.

 

“Kim Jaehee, you~”

 

“Wait, I went home, I found you there, with Youngie, having lunch, so I decided to crash at the Jungs.” She smiled.

 

“How could you do that to me?! You should have at least called! You, why didn’t even you consider~”

She went over to me and hugged me.

 

“I’m sorry, oppa. I just..didnt want to disturb you, you’ve been worrying about me for three weeks, and I didn’t want to ruin your time with Minyoung. I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.”

 

I hugged my sister back. Thankful she was awake.

 

“I feel victorious.” She said.

 

“Why? For making me worry because I thought, no, everyone thought you got kidnapped?” I snapped. She giggled.

 

“Nope, my plan worked.”

 

“As much as I love you, Hee, I hate you now.” Minyoung said. Jaehee laughed.

 

“Do that again, I’ll break you legs.” I said as I kissed her forehead.

 

“I’m sorry oppa, I wont do it again.”

“But, are you okay? You don’t feel pain anywhere?” I asked as I let her go and looked at her.

“Nope, I feel….well.” She grinned, then she turned to Minyoung.

“I’m sorry.” She took both of her hands.

“How could you do that to me? Why did you do that~”

“I know, it was dangerous, but I’m okay now, that should be enough to get me forgiven, right?” Jaehee smiled.

“I should be the one saying sorry, i~”

“I will not hear it, come here, I missed you.” They hugged each other.

 

Jaehee’s POV
 

After apologizing to the police and the media, we went home.

“You took my car?” Oppa said as he drove us out of the station.

“I didn’t see any other automobile present.” I smiled sheepishly. He sighed.

“I’m glad you’re back, but we still have to go back to the hospital.”

“What? No~”

“The doctor still has to check you, you snuck out, remember?” He said pointedly.

“Aish.” I scratched my head.

 

Oppa and I entered the hospital, uggh, I hated the stench of the hospital. Doctor Oh checked on my vitals and everything and said, officially, that I was free to go. Oppa and I were walking back to the car. He was behind me walking, his hands in his pockets, while I was….prancing.

“You act like a kid.” He said.

“I’m happy, my brother and bestfriend got together and I’m free.”

He shook his head as we exited the building.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I felt so relieved that my sister’s okay, she wasn’t kidnapped or anything, I was driving us back to our home.

“Oppa, what would you do if I really got kidnapped?” Hee asked.

“Is that even a question?” I narrowed my eyes.

She grinnedm she took out her phone and played games.

“Dongsaeng-ah?” I said.

“Hmmm?”

“Thank you, so much.” I smiled and rubbed her hair. She ducked.

“Not the hair!” She said, annoyed. I laughed.

“You’re welcome oppa.” She said.

“Oppa, can we stop by for some ice cream? It’s a Friday, movie night!” She asked.

“Okay,, which shop do you want to go to?”

“Baskin Robbins.” She said.

 

We entered the shop, Jaehee was looking at the display, she was smiling from ear to ear.

“Waaa, you never grew up, I guess.” I said, I noticed a few guys in the shop look at her. I placed my amr around her shoulder.

“Well, age is just a number.” She shrugged as she pointed to large sized tub.

“You’re going to eat all of that?”  I asked, is she that hungry?

“Try sleeping for three whole weeks, and tell me if you’re not hungry.” She stuck her tongue out and pushed me to the cashier.

“The eldest pays.” She said as she pointed me to the cashier.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

The Jung siblings were found in their indoor pool area.

“So, you’re the kidnapper,oppa.” Minyoung was sitting down one on of the beach chairs, Yunho was swimming.

“Ya, I didn’t even know she came, I woke up then I was surprised she was beside me, sleeping.”

Minyoung laughed.

“Oppa, today’s a Saturday, let’s have some sibling bonding.” Minyoung suggested.

“Is Jaejoong busy?” Yunho asked as he resurfaced from the water.

“Yeah, he’s with Hee at their home, he wants her to rest for the mean time.”

“She should…..then, maybe we should come by and hang with them.” Yunho suggested.

“Aigoo, someone cant be far away from Hee for long.” Minyoung teased.

“Like you don’t have someone you want to see there too.” Yunho grinned.

“ANYWAY, tomorrow there’s this party we have to attend.”

“Ah, Entrepreneurs’ Ball?” Yunho asked as he got a towel.

“Yeap, appa called, he said we have to go.” Minyoung handed him a glass of juice.

“Okay, okay. Go to your room, we’re leaving in 20.”

“Someone’s in a rush.” She grinned as she stood up.

 

In a villa in Gangnam, a young lady was fuming.

“They’re back together, again.” She muttered.

“Jung Minyoung, what you did is so wrong. I will crush you.” She said as she threw her wine glass on the floor. She got her phone.

“Hello?....Lee Jongyoon-ssi?...yes, it’s me…I want you to take care of someone for me.”

After the call, she stood up by the window.

“A promise is a promise, never break it.” She said darkly.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++