Chapter 51

It Should Have Been Me

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

It’s been three weeks since that accident.

The young miss of Kim Co. was lying down on her hospital bed, the sunlight was gently touching her face. Her fingers were moving. Her brows furrowed. Then she woke up.

“What is this?” She tried to sit up. She looked around.

“Hospital?” She looked at the digital clock beside her.

“8 AM.” She muttered, she ran her fingers through her hair.

“I need a shower.” She removed the wires attached to her. She was already dextrose free the only thing attached to her was the pulse monitor. She went near a cabinet.

“I hope they placed something decent for me here.“ She said as she opened the doors. She saw a pair of tapered khakis and a green Lacoste polo shirt, beside her clothes were her bag and a pair of Tory Burch flats. Contented, Jaehee went to shower.

 

Your POV

 

I was in the office; today was our presentation day for the hotel at Jeju. Oppa was in Namwon for a site check. I should have visited Hee earlier, I didn’t expect I would be tied up here. I blew my bangs up and checked my schedule.

“Director, the meeting’s starting in 30 minutes.” My secretary said.

“Okay, I’ll just be making a call then I’ll head there.”

I got my phone.

“Dongsaeng-ah?”

“Oppa, what time will you be able to drive back? There’s an emergency BOD meeting.”

“Really? I don’t know, I still have a conference to attend, anyway, I’ll just call later, okay?” He said.

“Okay, I’ll see you later.”

I placed my phone down and headed to the meeting.

 

I enterd the room and saw Jaejoong sitting down.

“You’re late.” He whispered.

“Sorry, I had to call Yunho oppa.”

“Why? Is something up?” He asked as I sat down.

“No, not really, just some meeting.”

He nodded.

“How’s your day?” I asked.

“I visited Hee earlier, she’s still asleep.” He sighed.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

“Let’s have lunch in our house.” Jaejoong said.

“Sure, I’m a little free for lunch.” She said.

“They’re here.” I said as the manager of the marketing department entered. I took her hand and smiled.

“Cheesy.” She rolled her eyes.

I smiled. I like this, me and her, no more secrets.

 

We were having lunch at our gazebo. The chefs prepared something light for us.

“Do you like the food?” I asked.

“Yes, I like it, but, I have something to ask.” She said.

“What?”

“When Jaehee wakes up, let’s go on a trip.” She said with a smile.

“That’s a good idea. Any plans where?”

“Somewhere that has a beach and somewhere sunny.”

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

How could they not leave a car here for me? Oh, right. I was…..in a coma. After getting my bag and sneaking out of my room. I got in a cab.

After a few minutes, I arrived at our house. I didn’t enter our house first. I wanted to take a walk first.

I was about to run to the gazebo till, I saw my brother and Minyoung eating and having fun. I felt a smile form on my lips. There they were, smiling at each other and talking. Enjoying lunch.

I decided to step away and walk back to our curb. I couldn’t help but prance a little; it looked like a scene from a fairy tale. I saw my  brother’s car parked, and like I predicted he left the key on the ignition.

“Oppa, let me borrow for a while.” I said as I got in his black Ferrari.

I drove out of our estate unnoticed. It felt good that they finally got together.

 

I entered the Jung estate; the guards must have thought it was just Jae oppa, because they just opened the gates. I grinned; he must have been visiting lately.

I saw a familiar black Audi parked in the curb. I looked at the time, 12:30. It’s noon, strange, isn’t he supposed to be at work?

I shrugged as I entered the house. One of the maids let me enter.

“The young master is in his room.” She said. I nodded and made my way up.

 

I entered his room, it looked the same just like before. He had some bookshelves near his worktable. His PC was replaced by an IMac. I placed my bag on one of the couches. Where is he?

I saw him sleeping on the bed. He was still wearing his work suit, without the coat on. He looked tired. I removed his shoes and socks and sar beside his sleeping form.

“Mianhe oppa, I must have made you worried.” I whispered. I looked at his face.

Slowly, I lay beside him. I forget how warm he was. I snuggled closer feeling his warmth. He smelled good like always. I felt a smile form on my lips as I hugged him.

“I missed you.”

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Minyoung was back in her office. She was checking the files that the Finance department passed.

After a bit, she stretched her neck.

“Oppa hasn’t even called yet.” She muttered as she turned her laptop on.

She was checking the news page when…

Kim Jaehee of Kim Co., kidnapped!

“ohmygod.” She grabbed her phone.

““She got…kidnapped?!!?”” She said incoherently while waiting for Jaejoong to answer.

 

Kim Jaejoong was inside his home office, he was relaxing. After eating lunch with Minyoung he had a video confernce with the directors of their China branch.He sat back on his office chair and turned to his wall mounted plasma television. He closed his eyes and listened.

It has been reported earlier, that the young miss of Kim Corporation has been kidnapped, she disappeared in the hospital where she was admitted~

Jaejoong opened his eyes. His eyes grew wider when he saw his sister’s picture flashed on TV.

Then his secretary entered in a rush.

“Vice president, the news~” He got cut off, Jaejoong took off and left his room. He was surprised that his Ferrari was not in the curb. He shrugged, thinking the butlers parked it already. He got in his black Aston Martin and drove to Seoul Police station.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I arrived at the police station, I was welcomed by the deputy and the superintendent.

“What’s happening?” I asked. I cant explain how much worry I am feeling right now. I checked my watch, it was already 3 PM.

“The nurses came in to check on her, only to find out that she was gone, her clothes and her other things were gone too.”

“Did she contact you, sir?” They asked.

“No, she was in a coma.”

“How could this happen?” One of them said. I pinched the bridge of my nose.

“We couldn’t check for CCTV surveillance either, since she was admitted to the exclusive floor, they didn’t install CCTV cameras there.”

I knew, it was for privacy. I shook my head. I cant lose my sister now.

“What do we do now?” I asked.

“We wait for the kidnappers to contact us.” Deputy Park said.

 

Your POV

 

I called Jae. He said he was at the police station. I tried calling my brother but he wasn’t picking up.

“Jaejoong-ah?” I said as I entered the room where he was talking with some officers.

“Oh, you’re here.” He looked up.

“Any news?” I asked.

“None, they said we should just wait for them to call.”

I knew what he meant, the kidnappers.

The officers exited the room. I looked at Jaejoong.

“Minyoung-ah, I don’t what to do anymore..” There were tears in his eyes. I shook my head and just hugged him.

“She’s okay, the kindappers will call.” I said. I don’t know how to comfort him anymore. He’s suffering so much.

Suddenly, Hwang Sooyeon appeared in my mind. Oh no, she didn’t.

“I’m the worst brother ever.” He said.

“Jae, you’re not. You’re the best brother. It’s just that….things happen.”

“This wouldn’t happen if I had placed bodyguards at her door.”

I kissed his forehead.

“Don’t blame yourself. None of these is your fault.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Teaser:

 

“Do that again, I’ll break your legs!”

 

“I’m sorry, I was just….bored.”

 

“This cant be.”

 

“Where are you taking me?!”

 

“I’ll show you what I do when you break promises.”