Chapter 37

It Should Have Been Me

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

People noticed the “small but silent” commotion in the dance floor. Kim Jaehee was seen standing in between two gorgeous guys, Ho Corp.’s young master and Jung Co.’s male heir.

“You know what you sound like, Yunho?” Ho Nichkhun said in a smirking manner.

Yunho didn’t move, but only glared at him, his hand was uncounciously on Jaehee’s.

“A jealous boyfriend.” Nickhun spat.

Jaehee looked alarmed, he looked at Khun then back at Yunho.

Yunho looked away from them for a second.

“I’m—not.“ He muttered.

“Then why did you disturb us?” Khun taunted.

“Khun, stop it. Yunho oppa, sit down first, you’re drunk.” Jaehee said as she pushed Yunho gently, she turned and tried to pull Khun to her, she was hissing.

“Well, let me see your reaction to this.” Khun said as he leaned over and kiss Jaehee’s bare shoulder.

Yunho couldn’t control himself, his sight turned red, he grabbed Khun by his coat lapel, accidentally pushing Jaehee on the way, she slipped on the floor, he was about to punch him in the face when Jaejoong came and stopped him.

“Oppa, stop it!” Jaehee said as Minyoung helped her up.

“Jaehee, you better go.” Jaejoong warned.

“Yunho oppa, why do you have to maltreat my friend? What is wrong with you?!” Jaehee said in a harsh tone. Yunho looked taken aback, he shrugged Jae’s hand off.

He wordlessly dragged Jaehee out of the club. As soon as the left, a big boyish smile formed on Khun’s lips. Jaejoong looked at him quizzically.

“I knew it, you guys were playing.” Jaejoong slapped his shoulders.

Minyoung looked at the two oddly as if they were aliens.

“But, Khun, why Yunho?” Jae asked as they sat down.

“You guys have to be blind, I mean, you never noticed the way he looks at Hee hee?” He rolled his eyes.

Minyoung smiled, Finally, she thought.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

Being dragged out of a party, was bad, but being dragged outside the club and into the cold, not cool.

“Oppa, let go!” I manage to get my wrist back, it was red. I felt something get wet on my ankle, I looked down for a while. I had a wound, must be from the fall inside.

“Why are you taking his side?!?!”

“I wasn’t, you were drunk and misbehaving!” I couldn’t control my temper either.

“Who in the right mind wouldnt interfere, if you only know how you two look like at dance floor.”

“Why would you interfere in the first place??!? Why do you care? You were ignoring for the past few days!”

“Look, Jaehee, I wasn’t, okay? I was just busy and--”

“So busy, that you had time punch my friend.” I said while crossing my arms.

“I didn’t want to, i…..--, and look at the way you dress!” He looked, confused(?) or out of words.

Now that ticked me, very much.

“The way I dress??! You’re not my father, or my brother. And what about it?” I jutted my chin up.

“You look like just some girl.” He looked away from me.

“Look, why does it have to matter to you what I wear? Khun was right, you sound like a jealous~”

“Maybe, I am!”  He yelled. I took an automatic step back. I was shocked by his sudden action.

“Oppa, what do you..mean?”

“Jaehee, I’ve known you for so long, and…I..li-”

“Oppa?” A female voice was behind me.

I turned, Sekyung. Yunho oppa looked at her awkwardly.

“Se—Sekyung-ah, you came.”

“Yeah, Wooyoung called me for the umpteenth time.” She walked towards us.

“Oh, good evening, Jaehee-ssi.”

“Hi.” I smiled at her. She smiled back and looped her arm around Oppa’s.

“Why are you two out?” Then as if realizing the awkward atmosphere, she said;

“Did I disturb you or something?”

“No.” I replied quickly, I saw Yunho oppa look away.

“Well, let’s go inside then.” Sekyung turned to the door, still clutching to Yunho oppa’s arm.

“No, I was just leaving.” I said while pretending to look around, where did I park again, and damn, its so COLD.

“Are you sure-“

“I can drive you home~”

I put my palm forward and shook my head.

“I have my car here.” I turned and walked away. I tried not to slip on the floor, why of all nights must be the first snowfall?! I felt the cold wind hit my back. I am so gonna sue Christian Siriano for making a dress. But, earlier, why did I feel nervous around Yunho oppa? Why did he say maybe he was jealous? Was he jealous because he sees me as his sister or he sees me as a~ no, don’t go there Hee, don’t get your hopes up.

 

Your POV

 

“So you’re saying you just wanted my brother to confess to my best friend?” I asked Khun, the three of us were sitting back in a booth. I was talking with Khun, Jaejoong was beside me, his hand on my back, and he was looking around, uncaring.

“Yes, I kinda felt that he had feelings for Jaehee.” Khun looked smug.

“How? I mean, how did you feel it?” I asked as I made air quotation marks on the word feel. Jaejoong laughed behind me. Weirdo.

“I took Jaehee once to Daegu with me, we had a yacht party, on the way back to the hotel, we met your brother, like what we usually do, Jaehee was holding my arm and we were talking, your brother galared at me.”

“Daegu? That’s last week right?”

Khun nodded.

“That’s why he didn’t want to call Jaehee.” I said to myself.

“So, how’s the investigation?” Jae asked as he placed his chin on my shoulder. I froze.

“Sherlock here is still trying to pick the pieces up.” Khun said while patting my hand.

“Yah, Kim Jaejoong, how could you not care at all? For all I know, Jaehee outside and she’s alone~”

“She’s with your brother and I know he’s a good guy.” Jaejoong shrugged.

I looked at him with horror.

“I love my sister, okay? But, like I said, I trust your brother, and what Khun said made sense.” He popped an olive into his mouth.

“Well, I hope he confesses, it would be awkward for me, right Khun?” I asked. But Khun wasn’t paying any attention to me.

“It will be awkward for you.” He muttered in a dark tone. He was looking elsewhere.

“What do you mean?” Jaejoong and I asked at the same time.

“Who’s the poodle with your brother?” He pointed to the entrance.

My jaw dropped for the second time today.

“Shin Sekyung.”

“I better go and check on Jaehee, she’s alone outside and it’’s late.” Jae gripped my hand once and I nodded.

“No, I’ll do it, stay with Minyoung, there are a lot of dirty guys in here.” Khun hopped off from our booth.

Give me a knife now and I will chase my brother out.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Nichkhun was seen walking out of the club frantically. He looked terribly worried. He searched for his friend. It also didn’t help him ease his worry when Jaehee was dressed for their game, he knew the moment some “guys” would spot her, they would~ he saw lone figure walking, she was wearing a blue dress that showed her slim back.

“Ya, Kim Jaehee! Wait!” He ran to her and made her face him. She was crying.

“You’re so cold.” Khun took off his jacket and placed it around her.

“T---thanks, Khun.” She said, her pale lips were cracking.

“What did Yunho say? Why is he with that girl?” Khun said as he helped her walk back.

“You tricked me, you bastard.” Jaehee still had the guts to glare at him. Khun didn’t care. He was disappointed his plan flunked.

“That was Sekyung, Yunho oppa’s first love.” Jaehee said as they reached Khun’s car.

“He didn’t tell you anything?”

“He said….maybe he was jealous, but hr eot cut off, Sekyung came.”

“That poodle!“ Khun cursed. Jaehee giggled at her friend’s silliness.

“Don’t be like that, she’s pretty, let’s go back in.” She tried to pull Khun.

“No, you look so pale, I’m taking you home. And she’s not pretty.”

“I need a drink at least, to warm me up.” Jaehee reasoned. Khun nodded, he wiped her tears and made their way in.

“You have feelings for him.”

“I don’t.” Jaehee replied too quickly.

“It wasn’t a question.I know you well, Hee.”

Jaehee just nodded and sighed, Khun placed his arm around her and they went in.

“Just a cocktail and we’re leaving.”

Jaehee nodded as she sipped her drink. She finished it in one gulp and signaled the waiter for another one.

No, I said one, now let’s go.” Khun pulled her up. Khun was about to lift her up when he noticed something.

“You’re bleeding?!” He said.

“I slipped earlier remember? Because you weren’t behaving well.” Jaehee slurred.

 

But the didn’t notice Yunho’s stares at them. He was sitting beside Sekyung, who was talking with him, but he wasn’t listening, he was looking at Jaehee. Inside, he was mentally cursing himself for getting angry and being too slow.

“I like you, Jaehee or maybe more than that.” He whispered to himself.

 

From the corner of the room Minyoung and Jaehee looked kids who were observing their parents fight, mom was at the other far corner of the room, dad was at the other far corner. Mom looks like she doesn’t care, Dad looks sad and dejected.

“Jaehee doesn’t drink.” Jaejoong stated the obvious. Minyoung sighed and leaned on the sofa. She didn’t notice Jae’s arm on the sofa.

“I’m sorry, id didn’t see-” Minyoung sat back up but Jae pulled her back.

“It’s okay.” He smiled at her tenderly, making his grip around her tighter.

“You know, I am disappointed ay my brother.” Minyoung muttered.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

here's another one!!! i hope you guys enjoy :DD

 

im also working on another fic, please check it out :DD

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/83993/not-just-any-replacement-changmin-dbsk-jyj-marriedlife-tvxq-yoochun-you