Chapter 30

It Should Have Been Me

 

Your POV

 

I woke up early this morning, well, it’s due to my kill joy older brother.

“Oppa, why~~?” I asked as I tried my best to sit up.

“I have to drive up to Daegu today, will you handle the meeting for me?” He said as he sat on my lounge chair.

“Sure, I will, now let me get some sleep, it’s still 4 am.” I mumbled.

“Thanks, kiddo, I’ll see you later.” I felt him kiss my forehead and left.

 

Well, ever felt that nobody wants you to sleep? Two hours later, about 6:40 or something, my bestfriend arrived.

“Rise and shine, sweetheart.” She said as she pulled the curtains up.

“YAAA~~~!”

“Well, I’m here just to wake you up, Yunnie oppa called, saying that you shouldn’t be late for this meeting, blah, blah.”

“How much did he pay you?” I asked in sarcasm as I stood up and headed for the bathroom.

“Funny.” She rolled her eyes. I took a shower and found her messing with my bookshelves.

I entered my walk in closet. I got my gray Burberyy Prorsum mini dress and my YSL suede pumps.

“Don’t forget to wear your coat, it’s quite…wet outside.” Jaehee said, she was sitting on my dresser.

“Thanks.” I got my beige trench coat.

“So,,, how was yesterday?” She asked.

“Yesterday?”

“How was the dish?”

I felt myself blush. Jaehee was laughing.

“It’s just me, Minyoung, you can say anything. Did it taste bad? It cant be, it’s my brother we’re talking about.”

“It….was great, Hee, I didn’t know Jae could cook.”

“Jae? Anyway, not everyone knows that, he rarely…expresses himself, I think..my brother has come to like you.” She said with a big smile.

“You’re crazy.” I said.

“Of course, I’m a Kim. And, I need to head out, conference today, so, as your brother said, don’t be late.” She gave a peck on the cheek and left.

I think..my brother has come to like you??? Seriously, Jaehee must have eaten something wrong.

But, why did I feel…..excited?

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

I drove myself to the office, I parked my car in front of the company parking lot, bit I was surprised because there was a crowd in front of the lobby entrance.

A crowd of reporters? This early?!

I pulled my coat tighter around me, I found our PR Director, Kim Junsu by the entrance stairs.

“So, what’s wrong?” I asked as stood beside him, away the crowd.

kimjubsu.jpg

“It seems that, Hwang Sooyeon is here.” He said.

“What?! She never does give up, doesn’t she?” I sighed.

“Relax, we’ll try to fix that. Don’t worry.” He patted my shoulder.

“Cant we sedate her?” I muttered.

“We can give it a try.” He grinned.

“Whatever, I’ll go in by the back, call me if something comes up.” I went up.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I was surprised about the crowd earlier. I had to pass by the back gate.

“Oppa,what was that?” Jaehee asked as she entered the hall, we were having a conference.

“What? The crowd? Look, I didn’t do anything.” Both of us were standing on the corner, whispering.

“Hwang Sooeyon, I thought you already told her.”

“I did, but I don’t know what she’s really up to.”

Jaehee rolled her eyes and gave me a you-better-take-care-of-it look.

“I’ll check it out later, okay, so, run along, conference starts in 20 minutes.”

“Minyoung like your cooking.” She giggled as she walked away.

“Ya~!”

 

The conference started, my sister was the one explaining about the new presentation. I’m glad she can handle it well, I mean, I didn’t want people to look down on her, she’s my sister.

“She’s doing well.” My secretary said.

“I know, I hope the proposal goes well.”

“It will.”

Her report ended, she sat beside me.

“How was it?”

I raised both of my thumbs.

“Thanks, oppa, oh, by the way, I cant join you for lunch.”

“Why?”

“I have something with Khun.”

“Don’t tell me…?”

“It’s not like that, you know me better than that, he’s like my best friend, Minyoung boy version?” She wiggled her brows.

“I know, you two can be crazy, anyway, I’ll see you later.”

She nodded and left the room.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Minyoung entered the hall, the directors were already there.

“Good morning, Director, here are the files for the meeting.” Her secretary handed the portfolio to her.

“Thank you.” She nodded and sat down.

“I see you adjusting.” Choi Siwon sat next to her.

“You can say that, so, I didn’t see you at the ball.”

“I didn’t feel the need to go anymore.“

“And why is that?” Minyoung asked, the light were dimmed for the LCD projector.

“Maybe because,,,, I wasn’t your .”

The smile from Minyoung’s lips was erased, she looked at Siwon, but she couldn’t read his expression.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was in a meeting at one of our coastal hotels in Daegu. We were on the top floor; I admired the beauty of the sea from the glass walls. A lot of people were swimming; there were a few yachts by the dock.

I was about to sit when my phone rang. The name on the caller ID made me smile.

“I’ve successfully made her go to the meeting, so, I’m free now.” Jaehee said.

“Thanks, Hee, so, how’d the conference go?”

“It went well~*Jaehee, time to go, let’s move!*”

I was surprised by the male voice.

“Sorry, oppa, I have to go, I’ll call you later, enjoy the meeting.”

“Yeah, right, okay, see you later.” I tried to fill my voice with sarcasm, I hope it worked.

Who was that male voice? Nichkhun again?

I shrugged my thoughts away as the meeting began.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

“Dude, you have issues with patience.” I said as Khun started the car, I was riding with him, he driving up to Daegu. I felt the Maserati’s engine purr to life.

“Sorry, so did you bring any clothes?”

“Yeah, and I don’t know why, anyway, why drive up to Daegu?”

“Work.” He shrugged nonchalantly, too chalant. Something smells fishy.

“And you’re taking me, why?”

“I need your advice, you’ve been CEO for a while, plus, you are my trusted friend.” He threw me a smile that would instantly make ladies swoon, but me? No.

I rolled my eyes.

“Where is this place anyway?”

“Our branch at Daegu, coastal hotel.”

“Ah, SeaBreeze?”

He nodded.

“Mind if I sleep for a while? I woke up kinda early today.”

“Sure, you have to recharge.”

“I’m not a car, dude.”

He laughed.

 

Siwon’s POV

 

I cant believe I slipped, I mean it just did.

“Can I take you out for coffee?” I asked after the meeting.

“…That..would be…okay.” She fumbled with her phone.

“I’m sure Jae wont kill me.”

She smiled, then nodded, we went down together.

Siwon, what are you getting yourself into?

I admit, I like her. Because she’s different,  she knows how to handle herself. She’s unique, and she’s not like those other girls, that only now how to prance and talk. She’s one of a kind.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++