Chapter 33

It Should Have Been Me

 

Your POV

 

After our biking in the park, Jaejoong and I had lunch and he drove us back to the airport, but I noticed one thing. He’s mood…..changed. He was playful earlier. I don’t know why, but somehow, I feel that it’s because of me. Did I do anything?

It started right after we went to the park to ride on bikes. Maybe he’s just having a whiplash or something.

“So, I’ll see you at Wooyoung’s party?” I said as I got off the car, he drove me home.

“Pretty much.” He replied without looking at me.

“Then, good night.” I was about to close the door when he suddenly reached out.

“Wait!...Do..you really have to go..to Siwon’s party?”

“His uncle’s party. Yeah, I have to keep my word.”

I saw his brows furrow for a moment.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“N-nothing, g’night.”

“Night.” I shut the door.

Okay, that was weird.

 

I entered our house, I decided to get a drink of water when I noticed something different by our mini bar.

Some whiskey flasks were out and bottles of scotch were opened.

“Butler Lee?..Butler Lee?” I called out.

“Yes, Young miss?”

“Is dad home?” I asked, dad was the one who usually takes alcohol weekly. He likes ale the most, though.

“Or, did we have any visitors?” I pried.

“No, it was the young master. The president will return from Singapore next week, young miss.”

Oh. Yunho oppa drank?

“Okay, you may rest now, Butler Lee.”

I went up to my room, I took a shower and changed into some comfortable sweats and made my way to my brother’s room.

“Oppa?” I said as I knocked.

No answer. I decided to come in. Usually, I would find him reading a book or watching TV. But tonight, he was sleeping.

“Someone drank too much.” I said as I placed his blanket on him.

“…It’s her…..why cant….i just tell……..she’s supposed to be mine…..i cant let you go…..” He muttered.

“She? Who’s she oppa?”

“…….yacht party…..Sekyung, I’m sorry.”

I bit my tongue.  SHIN SEKYUNG, again!?

I checked the time, it was still 5:30 pm, wait,, so, my brother who rarely touches alcohol, drank?! For that useless b.tch?

After fixing the pillows I went out. Which reminds me, Jaehee didn’t call today, I wonder how she’s doing.

 

Jaehee’s POV

If you’re gonna ask me how was my day, IT WAS GREAT. REALLY GREAT. Originally, I only had 3 meetings today and i had to visit a few sites for the latest proposals but I turned out to be like this.

6 meetings, I had to drive up to Incheon and Busan for the hotel sites, Visit Shilla hotel branch, arrange for Company Expo and direct BOD. Did I mention the 2 hour drive from Seoul to Busan?

Wanna know why my relaxed schedule turned into that?

Ask my escapee brother.

I sighed as I entered our home.

After changing, I went straight to the dining hall.

I am famished.

I was surprised when I foung the hall empty and the table empty.

“Young miss, the young master requests for you in the kitchen.” Butler Jang said.

I nodded and walked to the kitchen.

 

I found my brother flitting about the kitchen, cooking.

“Baby~~!” He sing songed as he rushed to hug me.

“I will kill you.” I glared at him.

“I know, I’m sorry, I should have called-”

“I had to drive for four hours straight, 6 meetings, visit the three project proposals sites and direct the BOD, and you wont even pick up your phone?!”

“I know, but I ran out of battery, and I forgot to call you, I’m really sorry, Jaehee.”

I shrugged, I can not really stay mad at my brother.

“Where were you anyway?” I asked as i watch him cook.

“Jeju.”

“Why?”

“Teddy Bear Museum, biking.”

“What?!” I ticked, he went out to play? I mean, I’m fine with him vacationing, but he should give me a heads up.

“It’s not what you think.” He said as he placed the food on one of the steel tables, it was just us in the wide kitchen, I was sitting on a stool. I wonder where all the chefs went. I stared at dish. Bulgogi, a beef dish I love.

“Peace offering.” He said as he sat in front of me and fed my with his chopsticks.

“Here, you love this dish.”

tumblr_lqo583Rl791qctckio3_250.gif

I raised one brow. Something’s up. He cooked, he’s in a weirdly good mood and he’s toooo kind today.

“Spit it out.” I said.

“Eat this first.”

I chewed on the piece he gave me.

“Look, brotha, I know you too well, tell me, why were you at Jeju today?”

“I went out with….Minyoung-”

I squealed. He rolled his eyes.

“Well,…I have something to tell you.” He said as I shoved a spoonful of rice to my mouth. My brother made a face and got a tissue and wiped my lip.

“I think…..well, I’m not yet so sure~”

“Say it.” I said, getting impatient. Sorry, hungry little sister here.

“I think, I like her, already.”

I grinned.

“So, you confessed at Jeju?”

“No, I wasn’t planning on that. Yet.” He said carefully.

“It’s because I wanted to ask her out....for dinner.”

“You took her to Jeju just because you wanted to ask her on a date?!?” I almost choked.

“Never heard of restaurants? Patisserie shops? Or even calling her just to ask her out?”

Oppa just nodded and shrugged.

“It’s too common for my liking.”

“You are amazing, older brother.” I wiped my lips with a napkin.

“So, what did she say? Yes?”

“I never had a chance to ask her, well, I almost did but *grits teeth* Choi Siwon called her.”

“I sense,,,a rival.”

“I don’t know, so that’s all~~”

“You need something, don’t you?”

He smiled sheepishly as he fixed my hair.

tumblr_lqo583Rl791qctckio5_500.gif

“Okay, what is it?” I said as I chewed on some kimchi.

“How do I ask my fake girlfriend out?” He asked. I stifled a laugh.

“Let’s look at this way, forget the Google question, oppa. The easiest, sure-est way is to simply ask her straightforwardly.”

He nodded.

“But not through phone calls.” I clucked.

He pouted. I know his personality too well.

“Well, if you’re gonna visit her personally, she likes Passion 5’s macarons.”

“The patiserrie store in Myeong Dong?” He asked.

“Yeahp, and I like the Berry mudslide.” I added wistfully.

He laughed.

“Okay, I’ll get that for you.”

“So you’re really going? I mean, going to ask her out?”

“I have to do it, if I don’t, I wont know how strongly I feel about her.”

“I am proud of you my dearest brother.“  I stood up and gave him a hug.

Gone was my ice prince sibling, he smiles MORE, laughs MORE, expresses MORE and starting to like Minyoung MORE and MORE. I grinned.

Kim Jaehee, you are such a genious.

 

Your POV

 

 I woke up with a start, I had a bad dream. There was a wold chasing me in the woods and my brother was there, he was crying. I shook my head as I got my cardigan.

Speaking of my brother, is he sober already? I combed my hair and went to his room.

 

I entered his room, to my surprise he was still asleep, and it was already 8:30 AM. He was usually an early bird.

tumblr_lrg7xfhFbD1qd80wyo1_1280.jpg?AWSA

“Oppa, wake up. You should at least drink some water.” I nudged him.

“Oppa? Wake up.” I sat on the bed and tried poking him.

“…Why?...Oh, what time did….you come..home last..night, you..were late…” He muttered as he stirred.

“I arrived around 5 PM, oppa, you were already asleep by then.” I passed him a glass of water.

“Oh.”

“Why did you drink? And too much.”

“Just felt like it.” He shrugged

I know you don’t drink, Oppa. I thought to myself.

“Anyway, did you ask Jaehee if she could come? About the outing next week?”

He looked away.

“Ah…about that, don’t you think it would be…better if it would be..just us two?”

I raised both my brows.

“You know, brother and sister.” He shrugged.

“But Jaehee’s like my sister already.”

“Cant I hang out with my sibling alone?” He asked.

“Fine, if that’s what you want, I thought you called her already.”

He shook his head.

“I’ll be waiting downstairs, and hurry, I’m hungry!” I said as I exited the room.

And to think I thought he has feelings for my best friend. 

I know you have Oppa, you’re just confused because of Sekyung. I scratched my head in frustration as I went down.

 

Yunho’s POV

It’s been a while since I last touched the cellar. I don’t know what forced me to drink last night. It’s just that the picture of Jaehee and Nichkhun kept on flashing in my mind.

“I had honey tea prepared for you.” My sister said as I sat down.

“Thanks.” I took a bite from my bread.

“So, it’s a Saturday, any plans?” I asked her casually.

“I have some papers to finish at the office this morning. You?”

“I have to drop by Carlton at Gangnam, annual share owners meeting.”

“Oh, by the way oppa, tomorrow is~”

“I know Wooyoung called.” I said.

“About that,I think I’m gonna be late.”

“Why?”

“Well, Siwon oppa invited me to his uncle’s birthday-”

“Wait, Siwon? Why would you go him?” I retorted.

“I cant? Anyway, I already promised him I would go before knowing about Wooyoung oppa’s party.”

“What about Jaejoong?” I asked.

“What about him?”

“You going to Siwon’s party..isnt it… I don’t know,wrong?”

“Oppa, we’re in a fake relationship.” Minyoung replied.

Right, they were fake, I almost forgot. Well, its because they’ve been so close.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I left the house around 9 AM and drove to Passion 5.

It was a ten-minute drive there. I parked my car at heir lot. I entered the place, it was a 5 story bakery.

4a9acc5edcb2e

I looked around, there were rows and rows of sweets. Right, macarons. I nodded to myself.

“Can I help you sir?” A hostess approached me.

“I would like to order some macarons.”

“What box size would you like?”

“Give me the biggest one you have.” I said as I sat down ordered coffee.

After a few minutes, the waitress came back with the box.

“Oh, and do you have the berry mudslide?”

“Yes, would you like one, sir?”

“I want one, for take out.”

“One slice.”

“Just..give me the whole thing.”

She nodded and left. I looked at the box of sweets in front of me. This is the biggest one? It’s….small. Nothing compared to the one we ordered from France.

 

I went out from the bakery with two boxes in my hands and drove to Jung Co.’s office. While driving there, I decided to give Minyoung a call.

“Hmmm, Jaejoong? Why?”

“Are you at the office?”

“Yes, I am, why?”

“I’m coming over.”

“Okay.Be careful while driving.” She reminded.

I felt myself smile as I placed my phone back in my pocket.

 

Your POV

I was reviewing some papers when Jae entered.

“Morning.” I said.

“You seem busy.”

“Not really, oh, what’s that?” I noticed a green paper bag on his hand.

“It’s for you.” He handed it to me with a smile.

“Thanks, oh, macarons!” I said as i opened the box.

 

“Hope you like it.” He said.

“Of course, thank you.”

“Anytime.” He sat on one of the couches; I joined him and sat on the opposite seat.

“So, what brings you here?” I asked.

He looked at me intently. He seems to be thinking about something deeply.

“Minyoung-ah, will you go have dinner with me?” He asked.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++