Chapter 38

It Should Have Been Me

Your POV

 

I saw Jaehee exit the club with Khun. I didn’t know that my grip on the cocktail glass was so hard when Jaejoong soothed my fingers.

“Let’s not break things, okay?” He added light heartedly. I nodded.

I eyed my brother with Sekyung, they were both talking and they seem to enjou themselves. I felt something inside me boil. He.left.my.friend.outside.in.the.cold. I gritted my teeth.

“Minyoung-ah, I need to go to the washroom.” Jaejoong said, I gave him a nod and he left.

 

The party ended around 2 AM, I didn’t drink but I felt really tired. Jaejoong refused to let me drive my car alone, so he drove me home. We were both standing at my curb, when an idea popped in my head.

“Check on Jaehee tonight, she might be feeling…..unwell.” I said as I leaned on the car.

“I will, but I’m worried, I was always the not cheery type.” He muttered. I smiled and patted his back.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure you can cheer her up.”

“I hope so, anyway, you should go on in, it’s already….dawn.” He grinned.

“Okay, thanks for driving me home, ‘night.”

“Anytime, good night.”

I was about to walk to our door when he pulled me back.

“Good night, Minyoung.” I felt his lips on my forehead. Then, he let me go.

I was too stunned to talk, I went in the house, I was pretty sure that my cheeks were  crimson red.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

Kim Jaejoong, what did you just do?!?!

I scratched my head as I got in my car. Why did I kiss her!?!?!?! She must think I’m a ert! At least, she didn’t push me away, that would have HURT.

I arrived home after 15 minutes. I left my keys on the table and made way to the stairs, I went to my room and took a shower. After changing into some comfortable clothes, I went down and grabbed a tub of ice cream from the kitchen and headed to my sister’s room.

“Jaehee? It’s Oppa.” I said as I entered. I found her sitting by her bedpost.

“Oh, oppa.” I hear d some rustling. Did she just wipe her face? Oh no, she’s crying?!

“Are you okay?” I asked as I sat on the carpeted floor beside her. She nodded.

“Ya, you cant lie to me, sweet pea.” I said as I handed her a spoon.

“Is this strawberry?” She asked as I opened the ice cream tub which was on her hands.

“Yeah, dig in.” I said, she nodded and took a spoonful.

“How did your date go?” She asked solemnly.

“it went well, I think, dongsaeng-ah, I think…i..like her..or more…” I struggled with my words, I was worried if my sister would squeal, but instead, she gave me a calm but knowing smile.

“That’s good oppa, I mean hearing that makes me feel like I am a good sister.”

“You are a good sister, Jaehee.” I said as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

“Oppa, are you mad at me?..I mean, earlier with Khun…..the dress..Yunho~”

“No, I’m not. Khun explained for you.”

She choked on her ice cream. I patted her back.

“What did he say?“

“Yunho, you, Yunho, jealous.”

“Oppa, it’s not like that, Khun’s ---just—messing around.”

“He’s jealous.” Why do I sound so sure? Well, he is. He looked like it earlier.

“You like him, don’t you, sweet pea?”

She didn’t reply.

“He has Sekyung now.” She said with finality, I didn’t reply, instead I shoved another spoonful of ice cream in my mouth.

 

 

Jaehee fell asleep while leaning on the bedpost; I set the food aside and lifted her up to her bed.

“Oppa?” She whispered.

“Hmm?” I asked as I placed her down.

“Confess to Youngie while you still have time.” She said sleepily.

“I will, when the time comes.” I placed her fleece blanket over her.

“Don’t wait for the time, Oppa, do it ahead of time.”

“Ya, just sleep now, okay?” I chuckled. Always pushy, Kim Jaehee.

“Hmmkaaay, Good night oppa.”

“’Night, sleep well, sweet pea.” I kissed her forehead and left the room.

How do I make my younger sister feel better?!? She’s not being herself, she was too…quiet and calm earlier! I could see something in her eyes…sadness. I shook my head as I went in my room.

Maybe I should ask Minyoung to help me. I hope she knows how to cheer Hee up, it feels different when my sister’s down. Too different, it’s like I don’t have support at my back. I sighed.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

I sat up from my bed and took a glance at my Rillakuma table alarm clock.

10:30 AM

I’m late! I stumbled up from my bed an ran to the shower.After dressing up I dashed to the dining table, I grabbed a piece of bread and made a beeline towards the double doors.

“Where are you going young lady?” It was dad.

“Oh, hey, morning dad.” I said as I straightened up.

“It looks like you are late.” He said.

“I’m sorry dad, I had a late~”

“You’re pale, did you sleep well? Your eyes are swollen too.”

Oh no, no need to let your dad know that you cried because of a guy last night. No.

“I was~”

“It’s okay, don’t come to work today, I’ll call your secretary.”

“Appa, it’s okay, I can-”

“No, now go back to your room and rest.”

I could only nod and go up.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Kim Jaejoong was seen outside the Jung Mansion, he was standing on the curb with his top down Ferrari. He was leaning casually on his car when the fron doors opened, revealing a surprised Minyoung.

“Jaejoong-ah, what’s up?” Minyoung looked confused to see him waiting.

“Minyoung-ah, help me.” He begged with a pout that caused Minyoung to laugh.

“What is it?”

“Jaehee, she’s…..” He sighed.

“Well, where is she?” She asked.

“I think she’s still at home.” Jae replied.

“Are you up for some shopping then?”

“We’re buying clothes for her?” Jae asked, surprised.

“No you dummy, clothes wont help. Just follow me, ‘kay?”

Jaejoong nodded as he opened the door for her.

“Where to?” Jaejoong asked.

“Myeong dong, Times Square.”

 

“Where are we heading?” Jaejoong was following Minyoung through the mall.

“Here.” Minyoung stopped just in front of a full line of beauty and spa stores.

“We’re going to buy spa stuff?” Jaejoong looked skeptical.

“Yes, for Jaehee.”

“I can just call the hotel and tell the spa personnel to come. That way the spa will come to us, not us come to them.” Jae was on his businessman mode. Jaejoong got hit on the arm.

“There’s this thing called personal touch, you know.” Minyoung said as she pulled him inside Tony Moly.

After an hour, Jaejoong was holding 9 bags of face masks, lotions, foot lotions, packs, creams and etc.

“So, I give this to her?” He asked as they got in the car.

“No, not just give, help her with it.”

“What?!” Jaejoong looked baffled.

“Do you want to make her feel better or not?” Minyoung asked pointedly.

“Yes, but, how about you? It’s girly stuff.”

“Ya, if I come, she’ll just be reminded of my brother.”

“Oh, right.” Jaejoong nodded.

“So, just drop me off at the company, and I’ll call you later.”

A few minutes later, Jaejoong’s car arrived at Jung Co.

“Thanks for driving me here.”

“No, thank you for helping me.” Jaejoong smiled.

“Call me if it works, okay?”

“I will,and Minyoung?”

“Yes?”

“Thanks, so much, I don’t know what to do if it weren’t for you, I never really saw her this….sad.” Jaejoong was intently looking at her.

“No p—problem, Jae, she’s my best friend.”

“Then, have fun at work.” He smiled warmly.

“Thanks, drive safely.” She said as she got off and shut the door. She went in the company with a smile on her face.

 

 

 

Jaejoong was driving but his sister’s words kept on repeating on his mind.

Confess to Youngie while you still have time.

Don’t wait for the time, Oppa, do it ahead of time.

“Should I really?” Jae said to himself.

 

Jaejoong arrived back to their house, he went in the house with the shopping bags and went straight Jaehee’s room.

“Hey sweet pea.” He found her on her the lounge chair, reading.

“What’s that?” She asked.

“I’ve been guilty, I’m such a bad brother, so here I am, I’ll be your…errrr…spa person today.”

“What?” Jaehee eyed the bags.

“Did Minyoung tell you to do this?”

“How did you know?”

“I did it to her before.” Jaehee shrugged.

“But, what did you get?” Jaehee looked at the bags. She picked up one of the face masks.

“I like this, I’ll put it on.” She grinned as she opened the pack.

“You’ll look like a mummy.” Jaejoong teased. She laughed.

But he noticed that her laugh wasn’t her laugh, not at all. Jaehee was about to open the foot mask when both of their phones beeped.

DINNER TOGETHER WITH BOD TONIGHT

It came from both of their secretaries.

“To ditch or not to ditch?” Jaejoong said.

“I’m surprised, doesn’t sound like you.” Jaehee said.

But after a few moments they looked at each other and said,

“Ditch.” At the same time.

Jaejoong left around 2pm and went to the office, Jaehee was in her room, doodling.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

“Jaehee~~~!!!” A male voice echoed in my room.

“You! Don’t you dare~!” I said as I saw Khun enter pulling my bestfriend along.

“Sorry, he dragged me~”

“It’s okay, Youngie, we all know he’s crazy.” I sat up and offered him to seat.

“Khun, what do you want?” I asked as I crossed my legs.

“My company’s holding a fundraiser and,,, you two are the only beautiful women I know and~”

“Cut the sweet talk.” I said as I took a sip from my tea.

Minyoung laughed. I wonder what Yunho oppa told her.

“It’s a photo exhibition, and I would really love it if you two, would model.”

“No way.”

“Nope.” Minyoung said.

“Guys, come on, it’s something good, you know you can help the children on the streets and familes.”

Khun was making aegyo faces at us.

“I’ll do it if, Hee does too.” Minyoung sighed.

“It works on you.” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“Fine, I will, but no more tricks, okay?” I said to Khun.

“Thanks!” He squished me into a hug.

“What would you do without us?” I said. I saw Minyoung looking at me.

“I’m sorry.” She mouthed.

“No need to be.” I mouthed back and shook my head.

I cant be thinking about him again, he has her now. He’s happy, that’s it.

 

Your POV

 

After our little tete-a-tete at the Kims, I went back to the office. I parked my car outside, as I got down I saw my brother and tha poodle-slash-BFH first love of his, talking. I glared at them.

leesiyoung-20101021.jpg

“Minyoung-ah, we were just heading out for coffee would you join us?” Yunho oppa said as I approached, I noticed that his coat was around Sekyung.

“I would love to but oppa, you do know that coffee shops don’t allow pets inside right?” I said.

“What?”

“Let me rephrase, I don’t want to go and have coffee with a two faced b*tch.” I crossed my arms.

“Jung Minyoung, Ya.” Yunho oppa said.

“I’m not wrong?” I taunted. I just feel so angry and disappointed and…UGHHHH.

“Yes, apologize to her, she~”

“Well, did you apologize to my BESTFRIEND when you left her out in the cold?” I raised on arched brow. Yunho oppa’s eyes widened.

“Of course, you didn’t because you know what Oppa, you are blind.” I said.

Sekyung looked at me, no, she glared at me.

“Why do you think she*stabs one finger in her direction* came back?”

“Minyoung, what are you saying, I love~” Sekyung used her fake feline voice.

“She let before because you didn’t become the CEO, now, she came BACK because you finally are holding the company, see the pattern?” I asked.

“Jung Minyoung, if you wont shut your mouth~”

“I wont shut it oppa, until you open your eyes and stop hurting yourself.” I pointed at his chest and went in the company.

Sekyung left because of money and returned because of money.

I entered the elevator, the doors were about to close when my brother stopped it and he got in.

“Ya, how could you do that to Sekyung?!” He looked angry.

“I just can.” I shrugged .

“You called her names, she was nothing but polite to you~”

“Oppa, why cant you see it? You don’t love her anymore, you’re just in pretense because she was first love. ”

“I know that, but~”

“You love somebody else, but you’re just denying it. Oppa, say it to her, while you still have time, you two might end up getting hurt, and I don’t want that.” I said as I gave him a hug.

“…..Minyoung-ah,,,you know?” He asked.

“I’m not your sister for nothing.“

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

The Kim siblings were both called to their father’s home office. The butler said that he had special announcement.

“You need something, Appa?” Jaehee entered the room and sat beside her brother.

“This Saturday will be your mother’s birthday and…”

“You want me to reserve Hilton?” Jaejoong asked.

“No,son, this year I want it to be special.”

“Jeju Rolling Hills then?” Jaehee asked as she looked at the booksheleves.

“I want it to be held here, at our estate.”

“Ah, garden party, right appa?” Jaehee said.

“Yes and I would really appreciate it if it would be a surprise for her.”

“No problem, dad, consider it done, I’ll take care of the preparations, oppa will take care of the catering and the food.”

“Assigning already? That’s good Jaehee, remember Saturday okay?”

Their dad stood up and left for the office.

“Catering?” Jaejoong echoed.

“It’s easier than decorating our garden.” Jaehee shrugged.

“Right.” Jaejoong nodded.

“So how’s Minyoung?” Jaehee asked casually as they walked out.

“She’s doing well, you? Are you okay?” Jaejoong asked.

“I am, I..think, anyway, I’ll be going up to my room, ‘night brother.”

Jaejoong nodded as her sister left.

“….How do I confess? I cant even ask my sister about it.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++