Chapter 48

It Should Have Been Me

 

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

Wednesday morning, it was sunny outside. After taking a jog I went up to my room and took a shower. I changed in to a pair of black skinnys, a faded tee and a brown suede power shoulder jacket. I wore my heeled booties and went down. I found my parents and oppa eating.

“Morning mom, dad, oppa.” I said as I sat down.

“Morning, honey. You look fabulous.” Eomma said.

“Thank you, mom.” I said as I bit my bread.

“Oh, by the way, Hee, did you hear? Your brother’s engagement will be on this Sunday.”

A chunk of bread went on the wrong pipe. I choked. My brother helped me drink water and rubbed my back. I glared at him. But he ignored me. TYPICAL.

“What about the media dad?” I asked in between breaths.

“It’s still confidential.” I nodded. Then my phone rang.

I excused myself and went out.

“Youngie? What’s up?” I said.

“Meet me at our favorite coffee shop at Hongdae? I’ll treat you.” She said.

“Sure, be there in 10 minutes.”

“See you!” She said. I placed my phone back in my pocket and went back. I wonder what could be up.

“Appa, Eomma, I’ll be heading out, I have a friend to meet, Oppa, I’ll see you at the company.” I got my bag and headed out. I didn’t mention Minyoung’s name. That would be awkward for me.

 

 

 

I arrived at the coffee shop and found Minyoung waiting for me.

“Hey!” I gave her a hug and sat down.

“So, what’s up?” I asked as I took a sip from my macchiato.

“I have something to tell you, I’m leaving for Japan tomorrow.”

“I know, Yunnie oppa told me, you’d be back by Friday.”I said.

 

Your POV

 

I struggled talking with my best friend.

“Well, he will be back by Friday.” I emphasized.

“How about you? Next week?” Hee asked.

I shook my head.

“I wont be back for long.”

She almost dropped her cup.

“It’s for business, I’ll be holding the Japan branch.” I explained.

“Minyoung-ah, why..this…sudden decision~”

“I cant change it Hee, it’s final.”

“But, I’m gonna miss you. Don’t leave.” Her tears were forming.

“I just wanted to say goodbye.” I held her hands.

“Why? I just came back and you’re leaving.”

I hugged her.

“What time is your flight?” She asked.

“1 PM, no need to send me off.” I said.

“I’ll miss you, call okay?” She said.

I nodded. We chatted for almost three hours, after that Jaehee went out and headed to work.

I checked my watch, 11 PM. I better head out of the airport.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

The Jung siblings were seen at the airport, Yunho was wearing a casual get up, Minyoung was walking beside him, wearing a pair of white skinny jeans and a black sweater.

396005_large.jpg

“We’ll fly in about 45 minutes, want to get something to eat?” He asked.

“Sandwiches would be good.” They walked towards the snack stall. They were going to use their private jet.

The siblings sat down one of the mini cafes.

“Are you sure about this, Youngie?” Yunho asked.

She nodded.

“I want to start anew, oppa.”

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

I arrived at the company around 11:30, I decided to check my make up at the first floor restroom. I was inside one of the cubicles when I heard people enter.

“How did you get him to agree? Or break up with her for that matter?”

“It’s easy, the Jung heiress is not as smart as she looks.”

Hwang Sooyeon!?

“What do you mean?”

“I blackmailed her, I told her if she didn’t break up with my fiancé, I’d tell everyone about their fake relationship.”

The two voices giggled. I felt my grip on my bag tighten.

“Hwang Sooyeon, you are such a genius.”

“Of course, anything I want, I get.”

What the f.ck was that?! She blackmailed Youngie? Even if she did tell everyone that their relationship was fake, no one would care, Oppa could easily fix that problem! This is not good. I waited for them to head out.

After a few minutes, they did. I dashed to the elevator and went to my brother’s office.

I entered his office, only to find that he’s not there.

KIM JAEJOONG, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!

“Sec. Song, where is my brother?”

“He’s at the conference room, Chief.”

I nodded and went down.

 

I arrived at the conference room only to meet the BOD there. No signs of my brother.

I was sitting down when my phone pinged.

Come to the meeting room at the first floor. –Jaejoong oppa

I stood up and went down, AGAIN.

 

I was confused why there were a lot of reporters in the room. I entered and saw Sec. Lee.

“What is happening?”

“He scheduled a press conference.”

“What?! Why?!”

I knew he wasn’t going to tell me anything; I grabbed the itinerary from him.

“Chief~”

He was going to announce it today, after talking about our new Jeju project. He was going to announce about the engagement today!

I saw him enter the place with a cold look on his face, the cameras went crazy.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

tumblr_lrhlqgJKp31r2dvp4o1_400.gif

Kim Co.’s young vice president entered the room. He made his way to the stage, but he was stopped by his sister.

“Oppa, listen to me, don’t do this, Hwang Sooyeon blackmailed~”

“Jaehee, not now. Please.”

“Oppa, you don’t understand, she loves~”

“Kim Jaeehee I said not now!” He said harshly. Jaehee let go of his arm.

She watched in horror as her brother went up the stage. If he gets to announce this, it would be over for him and Minyoung. She can’t stand to look into her brother’s eyes in the next ten years if that happens. She has to stop it. She checked the time, 12:25 PM. Her flight is at 1 PM, her brother had still about 10 minutes to talk about the project.

“Think of a plan, Kim Jaehee!” She muttered to herself as she walked back and forth.

She went out of the company building and sat on the stairs by the entrance. She couldn’t handle the tension inside. She watched as cars go by in front of her.

“I can’t let this happen, again. Oppa has done so much for me, for our family, it’s time I help him too.”

She checked her wristwatch, 12:33 PM. She bit her lip.

She had no time left; she was left with one last resort. A distraction that would stop her brother from announcing and Minyoung from leaving.

She stood up as she walked to the sidewalk. She got her phone and typed a text.

Oppa, Sooyeon blackmailed Minyoung. Ask her about the truth. -Jaehee.

She dropped her phone and walked.

I don’t want them to both live their lives lying to themselves. I love them too much for that.

With one last look at the building, Kim Jaehee crossed the busy street without looking. She stopped in the middle.

A container van lost its control while trying to stop, the car swiveled, the wheels screeched. The car hit her, the impact made her fly 3 meters away and land on the pavement.

The young miss Kim was on the ground, lifeless. Passerbys crowded at the accident. The medics came a few seconds later. She was lying in her own pool of blood.

 

 

Inside the company, Jaejoong was speaking to the press about the new project.

“Sir, about the rumored engagement is it true?” One of the the reporter asked.

“I am~” He was cut off when a frantic Sec. Lee approached him. He bent down and whispered to him,

“Vice president, it’s the chief, she got into an accident, she’s being brought to the hospital right now.”

Jaejoong’s eyes widened in shock, he immediately stood up and ran out of the building. There he was welcomed by the sight of police investigating the scene and a forensics team cleaning out the blood in the middle of the road. He felt his insides twist. He ran to his car and drove in full speed to the hospital.

 

Your POV

 

Oppa and I were both making our way to stairs to the tarmac when his phone rang. I waited for him as he picked up the call.

“Yes? Sec Hong?”

He listened, I saw his eyes widened. I got nervous. Did something happen? He placed his phone down.

“Oppa, is something wrong?” I held his hand.

“It’s Jaehee…she got into an accident.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

someone asked for a car accident :D just kidding :>> Jae and minyoung moments coming right up :***

thank you so much for reading and commenting. Im glad you appreciated the gifs and all. :DD

Jaeyoung couple? Hahhaa, nice!!!  What would you call YUNHO AND JAEHEE? :DD