Chapter 55

It Should Have Been Me

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

Two things happened at the same time. Jaejoong oppa got his phone and called someone. Yunho oppa nodded to someone I couldn’t see.

“Oppa,what’s happening?” I took the note from him. It was written with red ink.

Before he could reply, two men in suits approached us.

“Take her home.” Jaejoong oppa said as he took me by the shoulders.

“Yunho and I will have to go to the police station, I want you stay home for the mean time okay?” He hugged me once. I nodded.

“I’ll call you later.” Yunho oppa kissed my forehead once; I left the hall being escorted by the bodyguards.

 

I was inside the black Rolls Royce, I was in the backseat. Who would kidnap Minyoung? And what about promises?

“Young miss, we have arrived.”

I nodded and got off the car, only to find more men in black suits in our curb.

“Young miss, are you okay?” It was Butler Jang. I nodded.

“The young master has instructed us to~”

“I know, I’ll be in my room.” I headed up.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was driving to the police station, I feel like a useless brother. How could i~

I sighed as I parked. I saw Jae’s car parked a few yards away.

I entered the station and found him inside the deputy’s office.

“Sir, what brings you here again?” The deputy was talking to him.

“Here.” He handed the note to the man.

“My sister has been kidnapped.” I said.

The man examined the note.

“Miss Jung Minyoung, right? She was here last time too, that…false alarm with Miss Jaehee.” He said. We both nodded.

“Deputy Park, please, we have to find her.” I said. Jaejoong was standing by the window quietly.

“Of course. Can I ask you something?”

“Did the young miss Jung negotiated with someone? I find it strange, this note talks about a promise, usually, kidnappers write about ransom money or something else.”

He was right. Why didn’t they ask for something?

Jaejoong was silent. He looked like he was thinking deeply.

“Anyway, I’ll contact you when we get anything.” The deputy said. We both thanked him and went out.

 

We were exiting the place when Jaejoong finally spoke up.

“They wont be able to do much.”

“We don’t have any other choices.” I said.

“We do.” He said as he got his phone.

He was about to dial when phone rang. He looked at me.

“Hello?” I said.

“You must be worrying.” Said an oddly familiar voice. I looked at Jaejoong.

“What do you mean?”

“Your sister’s been abducted.” The female voice said, I could hear a hint of smugness in her tone.

“How did you know? We haven’t released anything yet—unless..you have~ ”

“Yes, I have her.” She said.

“Where are you?”

“Why would I tell you that?” She replied. I saw Jaejoong talking on his phone.

“Look, Mr. Jung here’s the deal, you want your sister back, I want my fiancé back too.”

Jaejoong asked for the phone.

“Hwang Sooyeon.” He said with gritted teeth.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

“Hello hubby.” Hwang Sooyeon was standing inside her room.

“Give her back. Don’t you dare hurt her.”

“I wont, I’ll give her back in one condition.”

“What?”

“I’ll tell you later. I’ll call you back. Oh, and just a reminder, if you blow this up, I can kill her.” She smirked as she dropped her phone on her wine glass.

 

 

“Yes? Jaejoong-ah, why?”

“Something came up, are you busy?”

Jaejoong was talking on the phone with someone.

“No, is something wrong?”

“Yes, remember Minyoung?”

“Oh, that girl you’re seeing, or…used to..” He sounded confused.

“She got kidnapped, and I need your help, the police wont be able to do much. She’s in danger.”

“Arasso, hyung, I’ll head to your house later.”

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

 I woke up around 9 AM. I decided to skip breakfast, I looked for my brother, he wasn’t home.

“Where’s oppa?” I asked one of the maids.

“He went out for work, young miss.” I nodded, I went back to my room to shower.

I changed into a pair of blue skinny’s, a loose white top and my favorite pair of black Chuck Taylors, before heading out I grabbed my bag and my army green parka.

 

I got in my car and called Yunho oppa.

He wasn’t picking up. I sighed. I was terribly worried over Minyoung. I decided to drive to their house.

I was welcomed by the butler.

“The young master went out.”

“Do you know where he went?” I asked.

“Yes, he mentioned he was going to the firing range.”

“Really? Thank you butler Seo.”

I headed out of their curb and drove to the range. I arrived at the lobby, I didn’t get my gear I just went straight in the target room. I found Yunho oppa there.

tumblr_lr7h9fsP7x1qbpzx5.png

He was practicing.

“What’s the meaning of this?” I asked lightly as I sat on the table. He looked at me and smiled.

“You left your bodyguards, figures.” He said as he removed his earmuffs.

“Any news?” I asked. I saw him tense for a while. I placed my hands on his shoulders.

“Tell me, I’m worried too.” I searched his eyes.

“It’s Hwang Sooyeon. She has her.”

My eyes widened. It makes sense, when Minyoung rejected oppa, it was because of Sooyeon.

“But, we cant get her, she didn’t tell us anything, we couldn’t trace her call too.”

I sighed and leaned on his chest.

“I should have killed her at the very beginning.” I muttered.

I felt his arms around me.

“That would be very bad, Kim Jaehee. And why did you escape your bodyguards? Jaejoong hyung would kill me.” Said a voice. We both looked up.

I walked over to another cubicle. Yunho oppa followed me.

“Who are you?” Yunho oppa pulled me and made me stand behind him.

“It’s been a long time.” The man let go of his gun and turned to us.

vick-big-gun.jpg

“Seung hyun?” I said in surprise. Yunho looked at me.

“Yeah, it’s me. Do I look that different without my uniform?” He muttered. I went over him and gave him a hug.

“When did you get back? Did you even leave?” I asked. He laughed.

“I didn’t, I went by your house last night.”

Yunho oppa eyed us two.

“Uhmm, right, oppa this is Choi Seung Hyun, he’s my cousin, he works for the SSAT. Seung Hyun this is~”

“I know, Jung Yunho, Jung Minyoung’s older brother, nice to meet you.” They both shook hands.

 

“Jaejoong oppa called you?” I asked, we were both sitting down.

“Yes, you bodyguards aren’t just plain bodyguards, so make use of them, you’re exposing youself to danger.” He shook his head.

“So, any news? Hwang Sooyeon, where is she hiding Minyoung?”

“That, I still have to find out about that, she hid her pretty well.” Seung Hyun said as he placed his cup of coffee down.

“So, you’re the one Jaejoong called?” Yunho oppa asked.

“Yes.” He nodded.

“That’s why he thought the police weren’t of much help.”

“Well, they can help, but their resources are scarce, they don’t have enough intel.”

“Stop the mumbo jumbo, have you seen my brother?” I asked.

“He called me earlier, saying that I should meet him in your house.”

“Then, let’s go, Hee you come with me, I’ll ask my driver to drive your car.” Yunho oppa said as we stood up.

 

Your POV

 

I was tied to a chair. There were three huge guys watching me. Hwang Sooyeon left earlier, saying that she had a date with someone.

“Young miss, are you hungry?” One of the guys mocked. I looked away. Then one of them stood up.

“Don’t touch her. We’ll get busted.” One guy, whom I think is their leader said. His name was Lee Jongyoon.

The man sat down.

“Kim Jaejoong must be something, he has two ladies fighting over him.” He said as he touched my cheek.

Then we heard someone enter.

“Oh, you’re still alive.” It was Hwang Sooyeon.

“They didn’t recycle you yet?” I said. She went near me and slapped my face.

“Still the b.tch.” She smirked.

“Oh, and by the way, your brother says hi.” She said tauntingly.

She talked to Oppa?!

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

Jaehee and Yunho arrived at the Kim estate. They were welcomed by SSAT agents who were standing in the house’s perimeter.

“Seung Hyun did this?” Yunho asked. Jaehee looked at the men who were holding rifles and wearing their black uniforms.

“Yeah, he’s the director of SSAT.” She said as the car stopped.

“I hope they have any leads for Youngie.” She said as she got down. They saw Seung Hyun arrive, the agents saluted him.

 

Jaehee entered their living room together with Yunho and Seung Hyun.

“YOU~! Who told you to leave the house! Didn’t I tell you clearly not to~“

“Oppa, I’m sorry, it’s just that I forgot. I wont do it again.” Hee hugged her older brother to calm him. Jaejoong sighed and sat down.

“I met Hee at the range.” Seung Hyun said as he sat down. There was a laptop on the table and a few devices Jaehee couldn’t recognize.

“I tried tracing the call again last night, but, it’s gone.” Seung Hyun said.

“She must have hired some men to do this for her.” Jaejoong added. Then Seung Hyun’s phone rang.

He answered the call.

“Hello?....yes…so you have it…..okay, you worked hard, thank you.” He placed his phone down.

“What was that?” Jaehee leaned over.

“Some undercover agent noticed a few happenings somewhere in Daegu, he said he heard a lady screaming inside an isolated warehouse in the suburbs of the city. It must be her. He said he also saw a richly dressed young lady come in and out of the place.”

Jaejoong stood up.

“We’re going~”

“Hyung, let us do it~”

“I want to come, Sooyeon’s doing this all because of me.” Jaejoong looked at him squarely.

Seung Hyun nodded, just then, Yunho’s phone rang.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++