War

It Should Have Been Me

 

Yunho’s POV

 

“Oppa, I’ll be going ahead, you have a dinner to attend to, thank you for spending time with me.” Jaehee said as she stood up.

“It’s okay, I don’t like seeing you sad, oh right, dinner and the so called couple.” I grinned.

“I know, so, I’ll be going, bye oppa.” She gave me a hug and left the room. I felt myself smile as I felt her warmth.

 

 I arrived home and found my mother happily chatting with dad in the living room.

“Mom, whats up?” I asked as I kissed her cheek.

“Your sister’s boyfriend is such a charming man, Kim Jaejoong!” She said. I sighed. I have to lie.

“Ah, yes, Jaejoong’s a good guy.” I replied and sat down on one of the couches.

“I find it amazing how he’s the older brother of Heehee.” Mom said, well Jaehee is close to our family.

I know, AMAZING.

“Ah, yes, I just found out they were siblings too, right after Jaehee arrived from US.”

“Mom? Dinner’s ready.” Minyoung came in with him.

“Yunho-yah, good evening.” He said as shook my hand.

The three of us waited until dad and mom piled out of the room.

“Well, good luck with your acting.” I said as I patted Jaejoong’s shoulder.

“Thanks, but, have you seen Jaehee?” He asked.

“Yeah, about two hours ago, why?”

“She wont pick up her phone.” He replied.

“Did  she go to your office, Oppa?” Minyoung asked.

“Yeah, she did.” Something’s not right, where did she disappear to?

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

Around 5 pm I went out of the office and went to Han River, I enjoy watching the view of the city during nighttime. It soothes me. I was enjoying a cup of coffee when someone sat beside me.

“I still know you well, I knew I would find you here.”

I looked at him.

“Why are you here?”

“You do know that ever since we met again, you never said nice meeting me again.”

“I already gave you my congratulations.”

“I cant accept that.”

“What? Why?”

“There’s nothing to congratulate about.”

I looked at him with confused eyes.

“Take a walk with me.” He said as he pulled me out. I just looked at him.

“I have something to tell you, please.” He said.

I nodded and we started to walk, side by side. I looked at him, he was wearing his usual relaxed look, sneakers and jeans.

163030_1769660119803_1188221522_2049519_

 

“If you have something to say, say it, people might see us.” I said.

“I never got married.” He stated.

What? I looked at him.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Two people were seen walking side by side.

“I never got married, Jaehee.”

Jaehee didn’t say anything.

“The day you left me in New York was the say I rebelled against my father, I broke the engagement with Gayoon.”

Memories came back to Jaehee.

“Well, that’s good, you never wanted to be arranged marriage, right?” Jaehee said.

“You don’t get it, do you?”

“I try not to.”

“Did you forget about us?” That statement from Changmin made Jaehee’s eyes water.

“We were both supposed to, and yes, I did.”

“You’re heartless.” He stated.

“It was our deal.”

“It was one sided you left me. I didn’t know where you went, then a few weeks ago I heard you came back from California. Is it true? Your flew from New York to there?”

“Yes, I transferred there.”

“Jaehee, I~”

“I need to go, Oppa.” She stepped forward, attempting to walk away and hide her tears.

“Kajima. (Don’t leave.)” Changmin hugged her from the back.

“I’m sorry.” She pried his hands off and ran to her car.

Her tears were falling from her eyes as she got in her car and sped away.

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

After dinner with the Jungs I went home. I must have called my sister for 50 times already because she wont pick up, even Minyoung was starting to worry about her. I went up the stairs only to find out Jaehee’s room to be open.

Is she home? I swear I am going to scold this girl for~

“Sweet pea, what’s wrong?” I found her leaning on the leg of her bed, crying. I knelt beside her.

“Something happened Oppa…….he’s back.” She just muttered. Who’s back?

“Who? Did someone hurt you?”

She shook her head.

“Oppa….I’m sorry, I know youre angry I didn’t pick up your calls.”

“Don’t change the topic, Jaehee.”

“Changmin….he’s back.”

“What?! I thought you already broke up? And isn’t he married?”

“He never got married. He was looking for me.”

“Do you still like him?”

“I don’t know.” She said as she hugged me.

I cant let him meet her again, it’s not good for her. That man, he has hurt my sister too much.

 

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

I was inside my office reading some notes when Minyoung came in with a huge…tub?

“Ya, what’s that?”

“Ice cream!” She smiled proudly.

“No~~ you’re gonna be hyper again.”

“I know right, anyway, let’s call your brother to join us.”

“Okay, let’s go.” We both went out of the room and walked to my brother’s office.

 

Okay, I know it sounds weird and DON’T JUDGE US. Minyoung and I were peeking at Jae oppa’s office door. Some girl was inside and she sounded like begging him.

“I cant believe you did this, everything was doing well.”

Oppa was sitting there, looking amused.

“What’s done is done, I cant get engaged with you.”

“What will the people say? What about my image.”

I saw my brother’s signature laughing-but-in-a-very-degrading the person way.

tumblr_lqlqwtrx4T1qakwv3o4_250.gif

“You have an image? Oh yeah, I read about it in the paper days ago, caught in a bar partying with men, went home with a DUI and what was the other one again?”

I saw Sooyeon redden. Minyoung looked shocked.

“Well, I can never fail in making you like me.” With that she sat on my brother’s table and started on pulling his coat. Now, this was the time I pushed Minyoung in the room.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Minyoung said as she got in.

Jae oppa pushed Sooyeon away.

Sooyeon was glaring at Minyoung. I smell war.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++