Chapter 60

It Should Have Been Me

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was making my way to our hotel Myeong dong when my phone rang. I got the headset and spoke.

“Hello?”

“Yunho?” A familiar deep voice spoke.

“Seunghyun? Hey, is something up?”

“Yunho, is Hee with you?”

“Ani, she’s in Jeju, why? Cant contact her? Reception’s bad there.” I replied.

I heard him sigh.

“Is something wrong, Seunghyun?” I asked.

“Hwang Sooyeon….she escaped.”

I stepped on the brakes of my Maserati.

 

“She…she…what?!” I said. As I gripped on the steering wheel.

“I already sent a team in search for her. Just….be on guard.”

I took my headset off. Then a heavy feeling crawled in my stomach.

Jaehee was at Jeju, alone. ALONE.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

The young intimidating director of SSAT slammed his fists on the table.

“What are you saying?! She escaped?!”

His juniors nodded while looking down. He shut his eyes closed once.

“You bloody idiots! Whats the use of your training if you can even stop that-”

“We’re really sorry, Sir. It was because she said she wanted to go to the bathroom, that’s why~”

“Just tell me the whole thing instead of your reasons, goddammit.”

“While we were traveling from the police station, after her interview, we made sit on the back. We were to drive her back to the headquarters, then she started to tap on the glass saying she wanted to use the restroom, at first we ignored her, but she kept on tapping~”

Seunghyun raised his palm to silence the man.

“So you let her out, end of story.” He said icily.

“It was out mistake, Director, we’ll search for her!”

“I want you to send protection units to the Kims and Jungs right now.”

They nodded.

“We’re really sorry, sir, we’ll send a search unit for her.”

“You better.” He replied as he made his way out if his office and drove his car out of the lot.

Which is how, after e few minutes later he ended up at the Kim Co. office.

 

After telling Jaejoong and Minyoung about the situation they decided to go to the Kim mansion.

“This is crazy, she’s crazy.” Jaejoong muttered as they got in the car with their two black vans as convoys.

“This is confusing, did she have someone with her at that time? And to think she escaped from SSAT agents.” Minyoung was on a daze. She was gripping onto her seatbelt strap.

 

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I arrived at the Kims. There were three black vans parked outside and some agents were walking at the perimeter of their house. I sighed, it was all coming back again. I entered the house.

“Oppa, you’re here.” Minyoung hugged me once and made me sit.

“So, what are we going to do?” Jaejoong asked.

“As of now, I want all of you to stay home first, we don’t know what that….THING is planning.” Seunghyun was pacing back and forth.

Then a thought hit me.

“Where’s Jaehee?!” I remembered she left for Jeju.

“Right, she’s at Jeju! Ohmygod, she’saloneoutthereandHwangSooyeonmight~” My sister was running a cold sweat I was nervous too.

“Seunghyun-ah, Jaehee~” Jaejoong started. Then the double doors opened widely.

“Ya, CHOI SEUNGHYUN, if you wanna meet up just call okay? Not literally PICK ME UP, and drag me to a helicopter!” Jaehee entered with an annoyed face.

I stood up and hugged her tight.

“Did something happen?” She asked in grudgingly as she pecked me on the cheek.

“It’s Hwang Sooyeon~” Seunghyun started.

“What, she’s gonna be on the electric chair tomorrow? I’ll be needing red clothing then.” She shrugged as she sat beside Minyoung.

“No, she escaped.” Seunghyun said while looking down.

“What?!”

“That’s why I had my agents to pick you up.” Seunghyun sat down. I saw Jaehee bite her lip. She looked mad.

“How many effin lives does she have?!” She muttered as she looked at the window.

“We’ll catch her, we have a list of the possible places where she might be hiding.”

“Well, rich man’s daughter, many places to hide at.” Jaejoong said.

Hee was being silent.

“What’s on the list?” She asked. Seunghyun rolled his eyes at her.

“Like I’d tell you that, next thing we know you’re gonna be doing something reckless again.” He said.

“Why would I even do that? I’m not that stupid, Director.” She said.

Seunghyun sighed and got a piece of paper from his shirt pocket.

“They have a house in Mokpo, a villa near Dokdo and there’s this orchard in Jeju.” Seunghyun. Jaehee just gave him a nod, she looked…uncaring.

“Hee, please, don’t~” Jaejoong started turning to her. Jaehee waved her hands in front of him.

“I was just curious.” She muttered as she stood up and sat beside me. She hid behind my arm and began muttering something incoherent. Jaejoong and Minyoung invited Seunghyun for some tea in dining hall.

“Are you planning something?” I asked as I sat back, I made her lean on me.

“Not you too, why does everyone think~”

“Okay, okay, I get it.” I laughed as I wrapped my arms around her.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Seunghyun left after eating, he had to head back the office and report about the incident, he left a protection unit to the house. Jung Yunho already called their home and asked them to send some clothes.

“Mwoya, sleepover party?” Minyoung asked as she and Jaehee set up another bed beside in the younger Kims’ room.

“It’s just like the old days.” Jaehee sing songed.

“True.” Minyoung nodded. She plopped on the couch and took hold of the remote.

“Hee, I’m scared.”

“Don’t be, you’re perfectly safe~”

“No, it’s not about me, what if she’ll hurt you, or Jae, my brother~”

“She cant, we have protection here, and I’m sure Seunghyun will catch her before she can even enter this house.” Hee said as she passed a pack of gummy bears to her best friend.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++