Chapter 42

It Should Have Been Me

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

After the party, I was checking on the maids and workers as they cleared things up in the garden.

Why am I doing this alone? I stretched my neck as I went back in the house, it was already late and I need to crash. At least, a good thing happened today, I finally told Yunho oppa I had feelings for him and, well, yeah. I wonder how Oppa’s confession to Youngie went; I know she likes him back. I went into the kitchen to grab a sandwich. I was about to go up when I heard someone by the mini bar.

I saw my brother and a FEW empty bottles of Johnnie Walker, the Red Label.

This is not good. My brother doesn’t drink, well he does, but not that MUCH.

“Oppa, why are you drinking so much?” I asked. I flinched as I remembered he yelled at me earlier.

“No~~ne of---your business.” He said. I tried to get the glass away from him but he pushed my hand away.

“Just go, I don’t need you here.” He said firmly. I stepped back.

 

Whats wrong with him? Did something happen?

It cant be Minyoung right?

Oh my god, no. Minyoung disappeared in the party, Oppa’s going drunk. They fought?

I tried calling Minyoug many times but she won’t pick up. This is starting to worry me.

 

Your POV

 

I arrived home; I immediately went into my room and locked the door. I felt my tears fall continuously. I leaned on the door for support.

Maybe this is the price we’re supposed to pay for lying. I should face that we were living a lie. And it doesn’t matter now even if we have feelings for each other. We lied and now it’s over.

But, the time we spent together, the things I told him, those weren’t lies, to me they were, precious memories. Jaejoong showed me a lot of things I didn’t know that exists.

This is how real pain feels. Being not able to tell thr your true feelings to the person you love, but I’m protecting him this way. He might be hurt now, but he’ll…..forget us. He will, he should.It’s the only way.

I took a shower and checked my phone.

23 missed calls. 15 from Jaehee, 8 from my brother. I tried to calm myself before going to sleep. I need to go on as if nothing happened.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

Before heading to work I checked on my sister, it was already 9 AM and yet sge was still in bed. I don’t know what happened last night, but I know something’s wrong.

I knocked the door twice and entered her room. I found her still in her bed.

“Hey.” I sat beside her.

“I woke up late?” She asked groggily.

“Obviously,,, dongsaeng-ah, is something wrong?”

“No,,,nothing is wrong.” She looked away.

“Ya, you cant keep anything from me, kiddo.” I prodded while touching her hair.

“I have nothing to keep, and besides don’t you have work?” She said while sitting up.

“Fine, fine, I’m leaving, sheesh anything to get your older brother out of the room.”

She giggled.

“I love you older brother.” She smiled sheepishly.

“Love you too, Youngie, now don’t be late for work.”

“Hmmkay, now go, I need to get dressed!”

I went out of her room. Something is wrong; she’s smiling not her smile. Something must have happened.

 

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Jaehee was sitting in the dining room, enjoying her morning coffee. Butler Jang came in with the day’s paper and handed it to her.

“Young miss, here’s the paper.” He placed it on the table. Jaehee nodded and picked the newspaper listlessly.

 

KIM JAEJOONG AND JUNG HEIRESS BREAK UP!!

 

The front-page headline almost made her fall from her chair.

“What the hell is this?!” She suddenly cursed causing the maid who was pouring her coffee to spill it on the table.

“Young miss, I’m sorry~”

“No, it’s okay, did my brother leave already?”

“Yes, he left early young miss.”

She stood up and drove to the company.

 

She was surprised when she saw that a huge crowd of reporters was in front of their office. She shook her head as she made her way to the entrance, hoping that they wont notice her.

But she was wrong.

“Miss Kim!! Is it true?.....How did this happen?...Did they fight?....How about the business deal?....”

She tried to cover her face and pushed through, luckily body guards came.

“Is my brother in already?” She asked at the front desk.

“Yes, the director is already in the conference room.”

Jaehee nodded and went to the conference room. There she found her brother sitting down on the right hand chair, his eyes unsually cold. The other directors bowed to her as she took her seat, opposite to Jaejoong’s.

They still had a few minutes till the meeting starts, Jaehee looked at her sibling.

“Oppa.” She whispered.

Her brother looked at her, eyebrows raised.

“What’s going on~”

She got cut off, her brother raised his palm, signaling her to stop talking. The meeting started, Director Oh was presenting his proposal. When suddenly, Jaejoong spoke.

“Don’t you think something is wrong with your report?” He said, his tone cold.

“What do you mean director?”

“Look at it, if you are going to build a mall in a street already filled with malls, what do you think would happen? Plus, this mall you are proposing only targets the upper class, if it does stand there, it will be the only specialty mall in a small town village.”

The secretaries who were sitting behind looked at each other, the cold prince of the business world was back. Meanwhile, Jaehee was observing, quietly.

“Erase this report, make a new one. Meeting dismissed.” Jaejoong said as he stood up. Director Oh was left there, crestfallen.

“Oppa, wait!” Jaehee said to her brother.

“Look, Hee, it’s over okay? Don’t bring it up.” He said icily.

“I was just gonna ask if you were okay, nothing to be so grumpy about.” Jaehee muttered.

“I am okay.” Jaejoong smiled as he patted her head and went back to his face.

“Lies.” Jaehee muttered as she went to her office.

 

Jaejoong went back to his office; he sat down on his chair and picked up a folder. He was suddenly distracted by a phot on his table. His lips formed a smile as he assessed the photo; it was a picture of him and Minyoung during a party they attended as a couple. His smile turned into a frown. For days he has been forcing himself to forget her, but his heart wont just listen.

 

Your POV

 

It was a clear Wednesday morning when I drove out of the house, the media has finally died down, and reporters weren’t waiting at the company anymore. And it’s been ages since I last had a chat with my best friend. I don’t know how to approach her, I tried calling her but in the end I always press the red button. I’m afraid, I know she’s not mad, it just that…just that…~I cant explain it.

His face suddenly appeared in my mind, his smile, his laugh and his warmth.  I got so used to the fact that he’s always around me, that I would see him everyday. I miss his smile, his jokes, even the way his hand would hold mine. I miss him. I felt tears threatening to fall again.

tumblr_lr3xtvEzRr1qdg4buo2_250.gif

 

It’s been three days, somehow, no signs of Hwang Sooyeon, that’s good.

 

I was proofreading the new reports from the finance department when my secretary enetered announcing that someone wanted to meet.

“Okay, let her in.”

The guest finally entered. I gulped and placed the papers down.

“Hi, is this a bad time?” Jaehee said with a soft smile on her lips.

“Uhhm,no not at all, coffee?”  I asked and offered her to sit.

“No, thanks.”

“What made you come by?” I asked, poor choice of words.

“I’m just here to say that,,no matter what happened between you and my brother, I’ll always be your friend, you’ll always be my bestfriend.” She said as she took hold of my hand.

“Jaehee-yah,…thank you.” I hugged her, I did my best to hide my tears from her.

“No need to thank me, Youngie.” She said.

We started chatting then I asked the question I was itching to ask.

“How is he doing?”

“Oppa? He’s doing well, you know the cold prince of our company.” She shrugged good naturedly.

I remember, he was a cold prince. But, I thought he lost that “attitude.” I felt myself smile at our first meeting. I called him Arrogant Armani.

“Uhmm, Minyoung-ah? I have to leave, I have a meeting.”

“Uh, sure, I’ll see you around.”

“Bye!” She exited the office.

At least our friendship stayed strong, in a way I could still see him, I guess.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

I received a text from Yunho oppa.

I heard you were at the company, let’s have coffee –Yunho oppa

Sure, I’ll wait outside –Jaehee

I was walking inside their company’s lobby, texting him when my phone rang.

“I said I’ll go.” I said.

“No, wait, don’t move!” He said. I stopped walking and started to look around. Then I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

“Ya, people are watching.” I whispered as I felt his lips on my cheek.

“Let them, so that they’ll know who you are to me.”

“Eew, so cheesy, oppa, anyway are you stalking me?”

“What do you mean?” He asked as we exited the lobby.

“Whats with the “I heard you were at the company”?” I quoted his text. He smiled.

“I have my ways.”

“O…kay, anyway, where are we having coffee?”

“Will it be okay if we walk? It’s just near.” He asked.

“No problem.” I said, we started to walk, I was checking my phone for my schedule and meetings.

“Ya, how could you do that?” I heard him say.

“What?”

“Not even give me an hour of your time and just keep on checking your schedule?” He said as he glared at my Blackberry.

“I need to check the meetings, I don’t want to~ Ya!” He got my phone from me and kept it in his coat pocket.

“Later for that, I’m sure your secretary would understand that you have a social life, busy bee.”

“Look who’s talking, vice president.” I muttered, he just laughed and placed his hand on my mine.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was holding her hand and walking. She was smiling while observing the things around us.

“Jaehee-yah?”

“Hmmm?”

“Why did you choose me?” I asked. She looked away.

“Do you really have to ask that?” She asked as we crossed the road. I nodded.

“Well,….its because, you..were always there.” She said.

We were already entering the coffee shop.

“You know why I fell for you?” I said as we sat down.

“Why?” She asked, she sipping on her coffee.

“Because….you’re you. You’re not like those girls who just go around and just talk.”

She smiled.

“This looks good, I should be a proffesional match maker.” Someone said.

“Khunnie baby!!!” Jaehee said and gave him a hug. Then as if something happened, Jaehee backed away with huge eyes.

“Sorry, Oppa, we’re just close friends, we do that always.” She reasoned, Khun was grinning.

I laughed and made her sit beside me, offering Khun to sit with us.

“I know,who he is to you.” I said as I pinched her nose. She pouted.

“I’m glad my plan worked.” Khun said as he placed his coffee on his table.

“Ya, Khun, what have you been up to?” Jaehee asked, changing the topic.

“Well, I had a meeting with your brother earlier, and there’s only one thing I can say.”

“What?” Jaehee leaned on me.

“He’s back.” He said with finality.

“Jaejoong went away?” I asked Jaehee.

“No, he’s just saying that… oppa’s old personality is back.” She said as she looked down.

“Ya, you should have seen it, he fired one of your directors on the spot.” Khun said.

Jaehee sighed and leaned her chin on her palm.

“That’s not good, is it?” Khun asked.

“Not good.” Jaehee said.

 

We were walking back to the company; I was walking her back to her car.

“What did you and Khun mean about Jaejoong’s personality?” I asked.

“Well, how do I explain this..before, Jaejoong oppa was a cold type of person, he’s not the type to express himself, he rarely smiles, well with me, he does but in public, never. He changed ever since the fake relationship, but now, he’s back.” She shrugged.

“Oh, is there~”

“It’s okay oppa, let’s not talk about it, they’re over.” She said.

You don’t know how strange Minyoung is acting at home, Hee, I thougt to myself.

I think she misses Jaejoong.

“Then, drive home safely okay?” I said as I opened the door for her.

“I will, bye oppa.” She said. I kissed her forehead and made her go in her car.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Jaehee drove home; she was in a good mood. She finally entered their family’s grounds. She smiled as she looked at the staues in their gardens. The flowers were blooming. She finally stopped at their curb. She was surprised to find the two assistant butlers waiting for her.

“Is something wrong?” She asked as she handed them her key.

“No, young miss, but the president requests you to the gazebo, theyre having tea.” Butler Seo said. She nodded and made her way to the garden. She walked to the gaebo only to find something that made her insides twist in disgust.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=13976840

Did someone mention about good mood? It’s totally gone now.

There she saw having tea and snacks with her father was the lady she never liked and never will.

“Why is she here?” She muttered harshly at Butler Seo, loosing her cool for a moment.

“She was invited over by the president, young miss.”

Jaehee cursed mentally.

“Ohh, Jaehee-ya, it’s been a long time.” The lady said as she saw her approach.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

hey!! sorry for the late update :DD

here's another fic i'd like to share, please check it out :DD

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/83993/not-just-any-replacement-changmin-dbsk-jyj-marriedlife-tvxq-yoochun-you