Chapter 54

It Should Have Been Me

Yunho’s POV

 

I was sitting down by the bar with Jaehee when a thought hit me.

“The Entrepreneurs’ Ball!” I muttered. She looked at me, then she sighed.

“I’m so gonna be dead, I promised mom I would attend.” She leaned on the table.

“I think we can still make it, it’s only 7.” I looked at my watch.

“Where are they?” She looked around. I saw Jae, he was sitting alone.

“Your brother’s over there.”

“Oppa, let’s leave them here.” She said.

“I mean, let them have time together, besides we can represent our companies there.” She smiled good naturedly as she pulled me up.

“Okay, I wonder where Minyoung is?”

“She must be in the rest room oppa, let’s go, we might be late.”

 

We ended up in shop, MCM. Jaehee was trying some dresses. I was already wearing a party suit.

“How is it?” She asked me. She was wearing a black tube dress.

“Pretty, I like it.” I smiled at her. Then her phone rang.

“Appa?...Oh..i’m coming..oppa? Aniya, I’m going with Yunho oppa…..you called him? Appa, why did you do that?! They were on a date!.....hmmm, arasso. Okay. Bye.”

“Dad called my brother, said he was coming.” She shrugged.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

The ball totally slipped from my mind. I forgot it was going to be tonight. After receiving a call from my father. I called Minyoung, I was just about to call her when…..

 

I had to leave, mom called me about the ball. I’ll meet you at the venue. –Minyoung

 

Okay, I’ll meet you there. –Jaejoong

 

She left right away? Did their chauffeur pick her up?

I went straight home to change. I was on my way to the car when my phone rang.

“Jae oppa?...Where are you?”

“I’m on my way. Why?”

“Is Minyoung with you?”

“Ani, she texted me and said she went home to change. Why?”

“It’s nothing, I thought you went together, anyway, call me when you arrive.”

“Okay.”

Strange, Minyoung is not the type that would just head out without saying anything.

 

 

I arrived at the venue, I found my sister talking with Chun.

“Oh, Oppa, you finally arrived.”

“Youngie?” I asked as I looked around.

“She’s not yet here.” Chun said. Then dad approached us.

“You two come here, our investors are looking for you children.”

We followed our father, Jaehee was beside me.

“Why did you leave her without her?”

“She left without me, she said her mom called her.” I explained, I saw her nod.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

Minyoung is very late. I looked around. Then I heard a loud commotion outside, the cameras were flashing again. I sighed happily. Minyoung’s here.

“Miss Hwang, who are you wearing?......Is it true you’re getting engaged with Kim Jaejoong?”

I stopped on my tracks. SHE’ S HERE?!

I turned my head and found her enter the hall. I didn’t mind listening to the MCs of the event, I looked at her, she had a smirk on her face.

“Ya, are you okay?” I felt a hand on my wrist.

“Yunho oppa, where’s my brother?” I looked up at him.

“There, your father called him, uncle said something about an announcement.” He said.

I saw Hwang Sooyeon making her way to the stage.

ANDWAE.

“Oppa, these past few weeks, when I was gone, did Jae oppa and Youngie go public?”

“Nope, they were waiting for you to wake up.”

We sharply turned our heads to the stage.

“He’s going to..announce it now?” Yunho oppa asked.

“I have a feeling, he will.” I said as I started to turn away.

“What are you doing?” He stopped it me.

“Would you be mad, if we go public?” I asked.

“No, I would like that very much.”

“Thanks, oppa.” I kissed his cheek once. I made my way to the stage and got one of the microphones from the MC.

“Good evening, everyone, my son here~”

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Kim Jaehee.” I said, my dad looked at me.

“I know, I’m not supposed to be here, but, I have something to clarify, more like….announce.”

I saw Khun arrive, he waved.

“A lot of rumors have been spreading about, me and some guy at this bar, me and some celebrity.”  I said with a smile.

“Because of this, some of you talk about me, I know I lask in so many ways, I’m unworthy to be the director of our company, but I want to clear just one thing, about the gossip that has been surrounding me.” I eyed my brother, and moved my hand, signaling him to move out from the stage.

“About dating rumors, I’m..seeing Jung Yunho.” I smiled, the camera flash almost made me blind.

“Then, thank you for listening to me, have a nice meal.” I said as I went down from the stage.

Then, I felt someone pull me back.

“Kim Jaehee, what did you just do!?”

“Appa, you don’t like Yunho oppa?”

“No, it’s like that, but I was just about to announce his engagement~”

“Appa, he doesn’t love her.”

“But~”

“You married for love, appa.” I said as held his hand.

“When we were young, you would always tell us to follow our heart and be firm. Now, we’re doing it.” I said. My father hugged me.

“Who would have thought my baby would grow up so fast.” I heard him say. I saw my brother wink at me.

“Komawo.” He mouthed. I rolled my eyes at him.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

The Jung heiress was seen tied to a chair, her legs were bruised and her cheek was purple.

“Hyungnim, the young miss called, she said she would be coming.” One man said.

“Okay, wake her up.” He stabbed one finger at Minyoung’s direction.

“Ya, agasshi, wake up.” The man kicked her with his leg. Minyoung didn’t move.

“Young miss, it’s time to wake up.” He mocked, then he got a pail of murky water and pour it over her.

“AH~!” Minyoung shrieked.

“That’s how you wake up princesses.” He laughed boisterously.

 

They heard a car slam its breaks. Someone entered the dark warehouse.

“How annoying!” She muttered as she pulled her dress up and made her way to them.

“Young miss, she’ here.” They bowed. Hwang Sooyeon crossed her arms and looked at Minyoung.

“Look what we have here, it’s the Jung Heiress.” She smirked. Minyoung’s mouth was gagged.

“You know, you’re best friend, is such a big bother, our engagement was almost announced today, but she got in the way again.”

Minyoung glared at her.

“As for you, you broke your promise, our deal, it’s off. You know what I can do, right?” Sooyeon took the gag off.

“You’re..going to tell them? About the relationship?” Minyoung asked.

“Nope, why should i? I have you in here; I can make Kim Jaejoong do anything I want. After all, he loves you, right?” She took her chin roughly.

“He wont follow you.” Minyoung spat.

“What makes you think so? I can kill you if I want, but no, you’re a good bait.” She said as she tunred away.

“Take care of her.” She said over her shoulder and left.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

My sister and Yunho were talking with some dierctors, maybe they were asking about their relationship. I looked around for Minyoung. How come she’s still not here?

“Yunho-ya, can I speak to you for a while?” I pulled Yunho aside.

“Why?”

“Your mom, is she in Seoul?”

“No, eomma is in China right now, they went for the new opening of a hotel.”

“Oppa, is something up?” Jaehee approached us.

“She texted me saying that she went with auntie Jung.” I said.

Suddenly I had this gut feeling in me.

“It’s impossible, our parents are at China, that’s why they wanted us to attend this.”

I pinched the bridge of my nose.

“She cant lie about that, right?” Jaehee muttered.

“Wait, I’ll call home.” Yunho got his phone.

“Hello?...Butler Lee?...Yes. Is Minyoung there?..Yes?!...Did she go home recently?...What do you mean?! She didn’t come home?”

I looked at Hee anxiously.

“Then, I’ll call later.” Yunho placed his phone back in his pocket.

He looked at me, he was about to speak when someone approached him.

The man whispered something in his ear and handed him a piece of paper. His eyes zeroed on the paper.

“Oppa, what’s that?” Hee asked.

“Someone got her, she’s been kidnapped.”

I felt my insides turn. I grabbed the paper from Yunho.

 

You know what happens when someone breaks her promise.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++