Chapter 46

It Should Have Been Me

 

Yunho’s POV

 

 I was already home when I saw Siwon drop my sister at our home. I was sitting in our second floor veranda. I saw my sister wave him goodbye, Minyoung entered the house.

I heard her doors closed. I decided to go back to reading, but I couldn’t, I have to talk to my sister. I stood up from my seat and made my way to her room.

“Minyoung-ah?” I said as I entered her room, I saw her sitting on the couch.

“Oppa, what’s up? How was Chuncheon?”

I sat beside her and patted her head.

“It was great. Minyoung-ah, can you tell me something?”

She nodded.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“Of course, I am.”

“That’s what not I meant, I’m asking if you’re really okay.”

“Oppa, what do you mean~”

“Lately, you’ve been acting strange, it’s like you’re here but you’re not.”

“Oppa, I am okay.”

“Stop lying, Youngie, I know you’re not. I’m your brother, you can tell me anything.”

I saw her look down.

“It’s Jaejoong right?” I prodded. She nodded.

“You guys ended your show, I thought…there were no strings attached.” I said.

“He confessed to me…….i rejected him, Oppa. I broke up with….him on the very..day.” She was crying.

I was shocked.

“Minyoung-ah, you love him.” I said, as if explaining.

She nodded, I hugged her.

“Then, why…did you..reject him?” I asked, I was weighing my words.

“I cant explain oppa, if I didn’t do it, he would get hurt, a lot of people wil get hurt.” She whispered.

“Minyoung-ah, you’re hurting yourself, I~”

“Oppa, trust me…it’s better this way.” She said.

What does she mean? Better? THIS WAY?!

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

The Kim siblings were seen at the airport, Kim Jaejoong was seen in his usual sleek black suit with his sunglasses on, while his younger sister was wearing a pair of hot pants and a loose sweater with her sneakers.

 

“Dongsaeng-ah, I think you should have worn longer shorts.” He said as they got in the private lounge.

“Hmm, oppa, shorts are supposed to be short.” She said as she took off her sunglasses.

“Well, you never listen to me anyway, our flight’s in 20 minutes, did you bring the schedule and the list.”

“Yep, I already handed to your secretary.” She said as she looked at the planes outside.

“Oppa, tell me, why did you invite Hwang Sooyeon?” She asked.

“Since she’s going to be my fiancé, she has to be there.”

Jaehee sighed and looked away.

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

Jaehee and I arrived in our Jeju villa. She was outside, probably looking around. I decided to go to the hotel and check on some things.

“Oppa! Come back before 5! You cant wear that to the party.” I heard her holler as I made my way to my car.

“Understood, young miss!”I said as I got in.

I was on my way to the hotel when I saw a helicopter land on a private helipad. It had Jung Co.’s seal on it.

She must be coming then. I shook my head and kepy my eyes on the road. I’m here for work.

 

I checked the preparations for the VVIP party, everything was going well. The hall was already prepared. The list has been checked. An hour later I went back to our home.

“Good, you’re in time.” Jaehee was waiting for me by the front door.

“You’d kill me if I were to be late.” I said, she smacked my arm and we went up.

“I prepared your suit.” She pointed.

“Thanks sis, you’re the best. Is Yunho picking you up?” I asked.

“Nope, I intend not to let you arrive escortless.” She grinned.

“I’m touched, you must have eaten something wrong today.”

“Whatever, I’ll go to my room and dress up.” She exited my room.

 

I tried to smile as I placed the suit on. I have to be strong for my family and my sister.

tumblr_lqlwarBn5m1qkngeio1_500.gif

I have to accept the truth.

 

YourPOV

I was dressing up in my room, I was wearing a beige dress with black details. I heard a knock and my brother entered.

“Are you ready?” He went in wearing a tuxedo.

“I am.” I grinned.

“Are you sure you wanna go, I mean, he’s there, and you~”

“Oppa, I’m okay. No worries.” I patted his hand.

 

“You’re not coming with Jahee?” I asked as we walked down to his car.

“Nope, we’re both busy, remember?”

“Right, but Oppa, I’m happy for you.”

He smiled and ruffled my hair. At least my brother’s happy.

 

We arrived at the hotel, there were a lot of people gathered inside the hall. Oppa and I were about to enter the hall when he was called on by his secretary. I stood by the front desk and waited for him. No way was I going to walk that red carpet alone.

“You seem alone.” Siwon oppa approached me.

“My brother kinda ditched me.” I joked.

“No plans of going in?” He asked.

“I have but, I don’t want to go alone.”

“No worries, I’ll accompany you, Let’s go?” He offered his arm.

 

Jaehee’sPOV

 

I was busy talking with the party organizer when my Yunho oppa approached me.

“Ya, did Jaehee come in already?” He asked.

“Nope, why?”

“I cant find her, I think she went out, Jaejoong?” He asked.

“Oppa’s with the directors, the guests are entering one by one.”  I said. I felt him kiss my cheek.

“How’s the plan?”

“200 names on the guest list, would love to erase one.” I replied.

“Ya, don’t be such a meanie, you’ll never know, Hwang Sooyeon will~”

“Ugh, not the name.” I rolled my eyes as I looped my arm around his.

 

I approached my brother who was talking to some guests.

“Uhm Oppa, here’s the list, I think we~”

We both looked up, there was a commotion outside, the reporters had gone wild.

“Miss Jung! Are you dating young master Choi?...When did  this start?......”

It was Minyoung and Siwon at the red carpet together. They came in together?!?!

Poseidonstar.jpg&w=250&h=180&zc=1&q=90

 

I looked at my brother, he looked at them and turned away.

tumblr_ls9d6wYk9E1qk0vwy.gif

”What is happening?!

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Hwang Sooyeon arrived at the place. Jaejoong was seen waiting for her.

“Well, it’s an honor, you waited for me.” She said.

“Don’t fuss about it. Just play your role, be my fiancé.” He muttered.

Every head turned as they walked in. Jaehee raised on perfectly arched brow.

“My goodness.” She muttered as she headed to the drink bar.

 

Meanwhile, Minyoung was sitting down and chatting with Siwon when she saw them.

“He’s with her?” She slipped.

Siwon looked at the couple.

“It seems like it.” He nodded.

She felt like a nail was wedged deep into her heart, again. Has he accepted her?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Teaser:

 

“I just wanted to say goodbye.”

 

“I want you to know that you’ll always be in my heart.”

 

“Yes, I am getting engaged.”

 

“Think of a plan, Kim Jaehee!”

 

 

please don’t hate me DD: I want to get rid of sooyeon too :D