Surprise!

It Should Have Been Me

It’s the Jung mansion, up there :3

 

 

Your POV

 

I woke up around 7 AM and took a shower.

Weird, why am I up so early? I shook my head and went down.

“Oppa’s not around?” I asked one of the maids.

“He went out golfing, miss.”

I nodded and plopped down on the chair. I ate my breakfast while pondering on what to do for the day.

“Maybe I should follow my brother.” I muttered as I made my way back to my room.

I put on a pair of black skinnys, a loose chiffon blouse and a pair of Tod’s flats.

“Butler Jang, I’m using the Camaro today.” I said as I made my way down.

“Yes, young miss.”

Before going out, I texted Jaehee and asked her if she was busy.

 

After a few minutes, I drove out of the house.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

A young man dressed in khakis and a polo shirt was seen enjoying golf. He was with some of his business partners playing. He was wearing sunglasses to protect his eyes. Around them, some women, married and not, were looking at him like fan girls. They observed the way his biceps would move when he picks up the club and the way he would smile with the people he was with.

Females were enjoying the sight.

Until……..

“Oppa!” Minyoung came in walking.

“Oh, you’re here.” He gave her a hug.

“Yes, I was bored at home, nothing to do, aren’t you going to the company after this?” She asked while eyeing some of the golf clubs.

“Yeah, maybe later, you wanna play?”

“Im not dressed for it, I’ll wait for you at the café.”

“Okay.”

 

Minyoung entered the café, the club was only open to members, that’s why there was some exclusivity to it.

She ordered a cup of coffee and pulled out her Ipad while waiting.

Then, Facetime rang. Seconds later, Jaehee’s pretty face appeared.

 

“Minyoung-ah, I read your text, I’m not busy, why?” She asked while smiling, it was clear she was still at home, Minyoung knew she was in their living room.

“Ah, really? You wanna go hang later? I’m stuck at the club again.”

“Yunho oppa went to play again?”

I heard someone clear his throat. Jaehee looked over. She’s not alone?

“Uhmm, yeah, he’s playing right now with some colleagues, are you alone?”

“Hmm, not really…” She turned her Ipad around.

“Oppa, its Minyoung, say hi!” Minyoung heard her friend’s voice in the background.

She saw Jaejoong, reading a book, he was wearing a blue button down shirt and navy slacks.

“Oh, hi.” He gave her a curt nod.

“Hello.” Minyoung replied. Then, Jaehee came into view again.

“Sorry, he’s an ice prince, anyhoo, we’re off to this conference later, maybe I’ll call you after it, and we can eat lunch together?” She said.

“Sure, then, later!”

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

“Ya, Kim Jaejoong, cant you be a bit more….friendly?” I said as I sat beside him on the couch and put my Ipad down.

“What?”

“You’re so cold to Minyoung.”

“I was not.”

“Yes you were, she’s my best friend, Oppa.”

“Okay, okay…I’ll be friendly to her, only if you will dress up now because we might be late for the conference.”

“Right, about that!” I  stood up.

Oppa, you should be friendly with her, because she’s gonna help you….someday.

I smirked as she skipped to her room.

 

I entered my walk in closet, I chose a black Balmain mini dress and white Tory Burch flats. I grabbed my Marc Jacobs tote and went down.

http://www.balmainstoreonline.com/images/BALMAIN/Balmain-Womens/Balmain-Dresses/Balmain-Dresses-1.jpg

“Ya,ya, isn’t that too short?” Oppa said, he was waiting by the front door.

“No, it’s not.”

He eyed me for a while.

“Oppa, I’m just going to be with you for the whole time.” I pouted.

“Damn, your aegyo still works.”

I grinned as we both went out of the house and rode his Jaguar out.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

“You told me you just needed to drop by the office, not a conference.” Minyoung was beside me. We decided that she ride in my car.

“It’s the same thing, kiddo. Just join me okay? I’ll be you ice cream later.”

“Am I a four year old? Okay, okay, women might flirt with you there, might as well come.” She muttered as she fixed her hair on the mirror.

 

“We’re here.” I said as I opened the door for my sister.

We were in front of Gangnam Convention Center for the conference.

“Oppa, your tie’s crooked.” She said as she fixed my tie.

Together, we went inside.

 

I was talking with a few investors when I saw a familiar head of dark brown hair.

“Minyoung-ah, you have a friend in here.” I said as I placed my arm on her shoulder, a few guys were eyeing her.

“Who?”

“Jung Yunho-ssi, nice meeting you again.” Kim Jaejoong was in front of us.

“Ah, hello Kim Jaejoong-ssi.” I shook his hand.

“Good morning, Miss Jung.” He greeted my sister, she just returned his greeting with a smile and looked away. WAIT, did she just….blush? I laughed inwardly.

“Is Jaehee with you?” I asked.

“Yes, she is, but I don’t know where she went~”

“Hello.” Jaehee  was beside him, with a bright smile.

“Ya, guys, what’s with the formality its weird.”

“Jaehee-yah, let’s talk.” Minyoung pulled her away.

 

Your POV

 

“What’s up?” We were outside of the conference hall.

“I just missed you, anyway, what is this conference about?”

“I don’t know…….ah, all I know is that our company is the one holding it.” She replied.

“Ah, don’t you think it’s weird?”

“About what?” She fixed my shirt collar.

“They have media inside the hall.

“I noticed that too, my brother doesn’t even know why.”

“Weird, ya, let’s go in.” We linked arms and went in.

 

I was walking my way to the beverage table when I accidentally tripped on a wire. I was about to fall when, someone pulled me back by the waist.

“Are you okay?”  A familiar husky voice asked.

I felt my heart beat 10000000000 times faster. Please, Minyoung, DON’T BLUSH.

“Ah, yes, I’m okay.”

He made me stand up again.

“Thank you, Jaejoong-ssi.”

“You’re welcome, just Jaejoong.” He said with a smile and left.

I breathed in and out. His smile was so….real…so warm.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Mister Kim Pil Bong, owner of Kim Co. went up to the stage. Behind him was his youngest daughter.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to introduce my daughter, Kim Jaehee, she will now be working as the director of the company.” He announced, cameras flashed and everyone clapped. Jaejoong smiled proudly at his sister.

“And I have another announcement to make……”

“My eldest son, as we all know, Kim Jaejoong, is engaged with Miss Hwang Soo Yeon of Hwang Group.”

Jaehee almost lost her composure on stage. Jaejoong’s face turned into a face of complete confusion. Soon, he was called to the stage, together with a blond girl wearing a red tube dress.

“Please give them your blessings.” The elder Kim said as the cameras flashed.

That’s why the media was inside.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

Teaser:

 

“MInyoung-ah, please, help me.”

 

“Oppa, it’s just acting.”

 

“I know, I’ll take the responsibility.”

 

“He’s mine, back off!”