Chapter 44

It Should Have Been Me

Yunho’s POV

 

We were having lunch together at Seto, a Japanese restaurant near my office.

“You’re busy tomorrow.”Jaehee said as she looked through my phone.

“I am, why?”

“I have no one to bother tomorrow.” She muttered. I laughed.

“I guess I’ll just stay home.”

“Why just stay home, it’s a Saturday.” I said.

“Okay, I’ll just go around have blind dates I guess.” She grinned.

“Go ahead, try that.” I grunted, she just smiled at me and gave me a hug, we were already walking out.

“Minyoung is troubling me.” I said.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“She’s acting…. strange.”

“In what way?” We were crossing the street, I held her hand.

“It’s like…she’s too normal lately, she comes home early, goes to work and….”

“So, you’re saying you’re sister is not normal and you want her to go home late?” She grinned.

“Funny.” I looked at her pointedly. She shrugged.

“Look, Oppa, we both know what happened, they broke up without giving us a heads up. And I know my brother is keeping something from me.” She sulked.

“Minyoung has been secretive lately.”

“I know something’s up, it’s not normal if my brother agrees to marry Hwang Sooyeon.” She said.

“I’m afraid, my sister acting so different now.” I said, I felt her arms around my waist.

“I’m sure we’ll find out, I’ll help you. I’m worried too.” She said as she looked up.

“But, it’s hard to just approach her and ask, its seems like I’m being too concerned.” I saw her smirk.

“Who said we’ll be asking them, we’ll be doing it differently.” She grinned aas she kissed my cheek.

“Do you have to go?” I asked as she walked to her car.

“Yes, mother called a while ago, we’re having some sort of family dinner with the Hwangs.” She rolled her eyes. I laughed and kissed her on the lips.

“I’ll see you later then.”  I said as I helped her in her car.

“Bye bye!” She drove off.

I wonder what REALLY happened between Jaejoong and my sister, if they parted or....ended their “show” in good terms, why is this happening?

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

I arrived home around 4 PM, before going hom I had to pass by the office to gather some files to bring home. I was skeptic as I saw a Rolls Royce parked at our curb. I sighed as I entered the house. I was welcomed by the maids and butler Jang.

“The Hwangs are here, young miss.”

I nodded then I stopped on my tracks.

“Hwangs? Many of them?”

“Miss Hwang’s parents.” Butler Jang said, I nodded and went to my room.

UGGH, our house is HWANG INFESTED! I took off my coat and dropped my bag on the bed. I looked at our garden. This view here always calms me. I sighed as I remembered my brother’s old attitude, which is back. Then and idea popped in my head. I went down to our surveillance room. The bodyguards were there with Butler Seo. I plopped on one of the leather seats.

lady1-076.jpg

 

“Is something wrong young miss?”

“No, nothing, where are my parents?” I asked as I looked at the screens in front of me.

“They are at the third living room.” One guard said. I squinted as I saw my parents and her parents talking. Where is my brother?

“Where’s my brother?” I asked.

“Here, at the garden.” Butler Seo pointed to the fifth screen. I saw Sooyeon and my brother talking in the garden.

“Is that the garden adjacent to my room? Overlooking from my window?” I asked they nodded.

I laughed darkly inside of me.

“Any idea where the garden control unit is?” I asked with a smile. Butler Seo pointed to a set of remote controls.

“Thank you, butler Seo.” I said as I got a remote with a tag on it, WATER SPRINKLERS.

I hopped up to my room.

 

I got my phone before standing by the window. I dialed my brother’s phone number. I saw him as he excused himself from Sooyeon and answer.

“Oppa?” I tried my troubled voice.

“Jaehee-yah? What’s wrong?” HAH! It worked.

“It’s nothing,,,it’s just that I missed you.” I giggled as I saw him walk into the gazebo. I pressed the green button on the remote then, WHOOSH. Our garden turned into a water park.

And the most wonderful part is that…..

Hwang Sooyeon was in the middle of our garden.

0000weeq

“You’re acting~” My brother saw Sooyeon who was yelling her head off in the rain, er,, I mean sprinkling water. My brother’s sharp eyes turned to my window. I ducked. I pulled my curtains and threw the remote under my bed. I hope he didn’t see me. Well, I don’t think he did, I am on the second floor.

 

I sat down and the television. Hmmm, nothing new. Around 6 pm butler Jang came up to my room and called me for dinner. I nodded and changed into a casual dress.

 

I made my way down with a smile plastered on my face. I entered the dining hall and greeted my parents and smiled at the elder Hwangs. Hwang Sooyeon was there, she changed her clothes, her hair was slightly wet, her mascara smudged. I laughed inside. I was about to take my seat when my I looked up. Oppa was looking at me.

tumblr_lrje10wnog1qf4csso1_500.png

No, more like glaring

He saw me, and I’m dead. I looked away and pretended to be SO interested in what Mr. Hwang was saying.

I’m in deep sh*t.

 

~~~Narraor’s POV~~~

 

The Kims and Hwangs were all having dinner. The adults were talking about business and their children’s engagement. Jaejoong was contemplating all the while, not listening to Sooyeon who was talking to him. Sooyeon was tryin hard to get his attention. Jaejoong looked troubled. He was listening to their parents’ plans.

Engagement ceremony, after three months, marriage.

Kim Jaehee was slowly chewing on her food. She had nothing to say. She was too………deaf to listen to anyone. Inside she was laughing because of Sooyeon, she was trying hard to, no she vying for Jae’s attention but he wouldn’t even look at her and of course her planned work, Hwang Sooyeon looked horrible.

“Jaehee? You’re being to quiet dear.” Her mother said. All eyes turned to her.

“Yes? Ah, I’m sorry mom, I was thinking about some..things.” She said.

“Honey, why don’t you bring Yunho here for a visit, okay?” Her mother added with a knowing smile. Jaehee turned pink, she just nodded.

 

The Hwangs left an hour after dinner. Jaehee was in her room, she had her huge headphones on. She was sitting down on her computer chair when suddenly Jae turned off her music.

“Oppa? What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong?! You’re asking me what’s wrong?!”

Jaehee looked at him with confused eyes.

“Why did you do that earlier? The trink with the sprinklers. She got wet Jaehee,we had to look for clothes for her.”

“Oppa, I~”

“Don’t you dare reason with me, what if mom and dad heard about it?! We’d both be in trouble! You went over the top with this Hee. It’s too much, I cant handle you being this bratty.”

“Wait, I’m being bratty?”

“Why, do you think what you did earlier was being mature?! You disappoint me Jaehee.” He mocked angrily.

“Are you taking her side?!”

“No, I’m just saying that you should respect her, Jaehee, she’s~” Jaejoong got cut off.

“I’m not gonna listen, here you are telling me that I’m being bratty and whatsoever, well , look at you oppa!”

“Jaehee, listen, I know I’m being ba~”

“No, you LISTEN oppa, I’ve had it, you’re acting strange, you agreed to this hell hole which you ar ein right now, for I don’t know why, and you’re taking her side.”

“Well, you’re being unreasonable!”

“Fine, I AM UNREASONABLE, unreasonable because I dont like seeing you being sad and so cold everyday. Oppa, everyday I see you in pain, do you think I enjoy that?”

“I’m not in pain, Jaehee.”

“Stop lying oppa, the problem with you is that you bottle your emotions inside, I don’t know what’s happening to you, and I’m worried, you didn’t even tell me you were planning to marry Hwang Sooyeon.”

“Jaehee, I……”

“Oppa, tell me what’s wrong, I’ll help you if I can.”  Jaehee said.

“…I got rejected. And…that’s it.”

Jaehee was paralyzed. Minyoung doesn’t have any feelings for him!?

“Then, why are you doing this oppa? This Hwang Sooyeon thing.” She asked.

“If I do this at least our parents would be happy.”

“But you’re sacrificing your happiness.” She intervened.

“It’s better this way, Minyoung seems happy too.”

Jaehee didn’t say anything but she just hugged her older brother.

“You’re not happy, oppa.” She whispered.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++