Chapter 50

It Should Have Been Me

Yunho’s POV

 

I looked at her, she was asleep. The only sound in the room was the pulse monitor. I don’t know why she did it, I don’t know what to feel anymore. Seeing her here suffering, it makes me hate myself.

“Jaehee-yah, you have to get well, for me. Without you, I might go crazy.” I said as I leaned on her and kissed her forehead.

 

I remembered what Khun said. She intended to stand in the middle of the road to get hit?

I sat down on one of the couches. I looked at her sleeping form. I didn’t like the way those needles were attached her.

“….Oppa?” Minyoung was standing by the door.

“Oh, where’s Jaejoong?”

“He’s downstairs, dealing with the press.” She sat beside me, I felt her hug me.

“I’m sorry, oppa.” She whispered.

“You don’t need to be, it was Jaehee’s choice.” I said.

“But if it weren’t for Jae and I, she wouldnt~”

“Minyoung, stop it, I don’t blame any of you.” I said as I hugged her back.

“She will be okay, oppa. I know she will.” She said. I nodded. Worry was eating me, I didn’t know what would happen to me if she wont wake up.

“Go back to Jaejoong, he needs you.” I said as I stood up and went to the exit.

 

Your POV

 

I went back to the room about an hour later, I had to talk with the nurses and the doctor assigned to Jaehee.

I entered the room and found Jae lying dowon on one of the couches, sleeping.

tumblr_lra7adzQRV1qfhv0yo1_500.jpg

I placed a boquet of flowers on the table and sat beside his sleeping form.

He looked so stressed. But still, he looked handsome, as always. I lifted my fingertips and traced his eyebrows.  I traced his nose, until his hand held mine.

“I’m—sorry, I didn’t mean to~”

He smiled and sat up. He threw one glance at Jaehee and looked my way.

“I should be sorry.” He said. I looked down.

“Minyoung-ah, I know it sounds weird if I ask you this again, but will you be girlfriend, despite everything that has happened?” He asked me, his eyes filled with sincerity.

I smiled.

“Yes.” I whispered, I felt his arms wound around me.

“Thank you, for coming to me.” He kissed my cheek.

I just smiled and hugged him tighter.

“And Jae?” I whispered.

“I love you too.” I smiled as I said that.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

It has been a week, Jaehee was still asleep. Jaejoong was forced to go back to work, the company was in a mess due to his absence. He still felt incomplete even though he had Minyoung with him, because his sister was still in the hospital.

“I brought lunch.” Minyoung popped her head by the door of his office. Jaejoong smiled.

“Come in.” He stood up and hugged her.

“This must be special, the Jung heiress is bringing it herself.” He made her sit down.

“Yeah, we’re charging it with a special price~” She felt shocked when she felt Jae’s lips on her.

“Is it paid now?” Jae raised one brow.

“Ya~! Kim Jaejoong, you~!”

“What? I’ve always wanted to do that.” He shrugged, Minyoung pouted.

“Come on, I wont kiss you again without your permission. Let’s eat.” He said as he got his chopsticks. Minyoung rolled her eyes and watched him eat.

“How are things?” She asked.

“The company? Things have settled, finally.” He loosened his tie.

“Did the hospital say anything?” Minyoung asked.

“They said she’s improving, but still they don’t know when she’ll wake.” Jaejoong said.

“I miss her.” Minyoung sighed. Jaejoong put his glass down and made her sit beside him.

“I have no one to wake up during late mornings.” He said as he hugged her waist.

“How’s Yunho?” He asked.

“He’s being quiet, I always find him in his room, looking at Jaehee’s picture.”Minyoung sighed.

“She has to wake up, for us.” Jaejoong whispered.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was visiting her during lunch. The color of her cheeks has finally come back. She looked healthier now, that the cast from her leg has been removed and her dextrose was removed too.

I moved the hair away from her face,I caressed her cheek.

“I need you back, Hee.” I said as held her hand.

It’s been a week, she’s still asleep. I love her so much,that it pains me to see her here in the hospital.

I stood up from her bed and exited the room.

On my way to the lobby, my secretary called me and said that I had a meeting with Kim Co.

I went to my car and drove there.

 

Your POV

 

Jaejoong and I were at the lobby, he insisted on walking me to my car. I rolled my eyes as grinned at me, because employees were looking at us.

“Just wait till i~”

“What is this?!” Hwang Sooyeon was in front of us with her….secretary(?)

“I found out about everything, Sooyeon. Now leave, I don’t want liars like you in my company.”

“Leave?! You already agreed to our engagement!” She shrieked.

Ohmygod, please not here, we’re the lobby.

“I said leave, you’ve done enough damage already.”

“Excuse me sir, but please do not talk to the young miss like this.” Her male secretary stepped in front her.

“What?! Who the hell are~”

“Jae, stop it, let it go, people are watching.” I pulled his arm.

“Are you blaming young miss Hwang for your misfortunes? Is it her fault that your younger sister is in the hospital right now?”

Who the hell is this guy?!

Before I could react, I saw Jae’s fists curl.

tumblr_lr0o6ovA2J1qdg4buo1_500.gif

He glared at the guy.

“Hey guys, stop it. Jaejoong, relax.” Yunho oppa suddenly appeared beside him and pulled him back.

“How dare they show themselves here?!” I heard Jaejoong mutter as we walked to the conference hall.

“Ya, relax. Now, I want you to forget about that and go inside, okay?” I said as we stopped in front of the doors.

“I still need to go to the office.” I said as I hugged him once.

“Okay, I’ll call you later.”

I nodded and bid goodbye to my brother.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

It was a sunny Thursday morning when Minyoung woke up. She took a shower anc changed into a green mini dress and cream patent leather YSL pumps. After getting her bag, she went down, only to find the dining table empty.

“Are the chefs absent?” She wondered aloud. She made her way to the kitchen and was shocked to see someone cooking there.

tumblr_lthyvvJ42t1qfhv0yo1_500.jpg

She smiled.

“You replaced our chefs?” She said as she entered and placed her bag down.

“No, I just wanted to cook for you.” Jaejoong said as he looked up and smiled at her. Minyoung stood beside him.

“Can I help?”

“Yeah, you can.” Jaejoong relpied as he stirred the pan.

“What?” She looked around.

“Hug me.” Jaejoong grinned. Minyoung laughed and hugged him.

“That’s much better.” He said as she hugged his back.

“What are you making?” She asked.

“Scallop pasta, I heard it was one of your favorites.” He said.

“And you’re doing this…..why?” Minyoung sat on the countertop as she watched him skillfully toss and turn the ingredients on the pan.

“I want to be a real boyfriend to you, and you always eat bread for breakfast, not good.” He shook his head.

“So you’ll go here everyday just to cook for me?” Minyoung taunted.

“If you want me to.” He winked.

“Uh, I’d rather not.” Minyoung laughed as she passed him two plates.

The meal was finally done, the two of them were sitting down on the countertop, eating.

“I cleared your schedule today.” Jaejoong said out of the blue.

“What? Why?”

“You don’t want to spend the day with me?” Jaejoong asked with huge puppy eyes.

“But, I have a meeting~”

“I wont hear any of it.” He said as he pinched her nose.

“Where are we going anyway? Since I don’t have a say.” She said as she got a glass of water.

“To Jaehee, then somewhere, I wont tell you.” He winked.

“Why do I feel this also happened before?” She groaned, remembering they went to Jeju and she didn’t know they were going.

“Uhmm, you’re right, I feel like that also.” Jaejoong wondered aloud.

“Yeah, right, ice prince.” She rolled her eyes. Jaejoong laughed and kissed her cheek.

 

The couple left early and went to Jaehee’s room. They found the nurse checking her vitals.

“How is she?” Minyoung asked.

“She’s doing well, her broken ribs are healed now.” The nurse smiled. Minyoung saw her eye Jaejoong. Minyoung rolled her eyes.

“That’s good to hear.” She said, the nurse went out of the room.

“Ya, come here.” Jaejoong patted to the seat next to him.

“It’s been a week, Jae.” She sighed.

“I know, but all we can do now is to wait, I’m sure she’ll wake up, she can hear us now.” He said.

Minyoung looked at her sleeping form. After an hour, they left the room and went on their way.

 

Your POV

 

Jaejoong was driving. He didn’t tell me where we were going, he just told me that it’s a secret.

I saw the signboards.

“HanKang?” I asked.

“Yep.” He pointed at the back. I saw a picnic basket sitting on the leather seat.

“We’re going on a picnic?” I asked.

“Yes, I’ve always wanted to go with you, are you okay with it?”

“Well, I already am here, since someone kinda dragged me.” I teased. I saw him smile.

“We’ll be back after lunch, your brother might think I kidnapped you or something.”

I nodded. He parked the car near a godd spot.

I sat on one of the benches.

I watched him as he unloaded the food from the basket. Why is he so good looking?

“Do I have something on my face?” He asked, he was looking down.

“Nope. Can I ask you something?”

He nodded.

“Did you really believe that I didn’t love you back?”

I saw him stop for a second. Then a smile formed on his lips.

“Yes, I did. That….day, you were so cold to me, your eyes were so expressionless when you told me your answer.” He said as he handed me a sandwich.

“Pabo.(dummy.)” I said as I leaned on him.

“But nevertheless, I’m glad now, that you told me everything, from Sooyeon to all the things you have gone through.” I felt his arm around me.

“It’s strange isn’t it?” I wondered alound.

“What is?”

“We never met before, Jaehee’s been my best friend since my elementary years, well, she has met Yunho oppa, but I never met you. It’s strange.” I shrugged as I took a bite of my food.

“It is. But it would be more strange if I didn’t fall in love with you.” He looked into my eyes, then I felt his lips on mine.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Teaser:

 

“Dad, listen to me, cancel it. She lied and hurt our family.”

 

“You married for love, appa.”

 

“Kidnapped?!”

 

“She got…kidnapped?!!?”