Chapter 34

It Should Have Been Me

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

Finally, I spit it out. I saw her smile and look at me.

“Yes, of course.” She smiled.

“Then, I’ll pick you up later at seven?”

She nodded; she grabbed a tissue and picked one of the macarons. She handed it to me.

“You’ll like it.” She said.

I took a bite from the pastry, surprisingly, it tasted great.

“I haven’t heard from Jaehee for a long time, how is she doing?”

“Same, same. She’s still at home today.”

“So, I’ll see you later?” I said as he stood up.

“Okay, and tell Jaehee to call me.” She said as she patted my hand.

“Sure thing.” I said as I went out.

I immediately shut the door and sighed in relief.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

I figured out Minyoung wanted to talk, I mean, 34 missed calls just this morning? She needs to talk.

After my brother left, I went into my room and changed. I stalled for a while, knowing he HAD PLANS. I grinned to myself.

I entered Jung Co.’s company lobby, I didn’t go straight to Youngie’s office, and instead I went to Yunnie oppa’s.

“He isn’t here today, ma’am.”

“Did he say where he was going?” I asked.

“No, he didn’t, but if you would want a message to be delivered to him ,I can-”

“No, its okay, thank you.” I said as I walked to Minyoung’s office.

Only to find my older brother. Looking, unlike him. He closed the door of Minyoung’s office and he smiled in a I-did-it-way.

tumblr_lqm6hb1VDR1qakwv3o1_500.gif

I waited for him to walk to the elevator and go down. Maybe I shouldn’t show up at Youngie’s office yet. I thought as I walked to the other elevator.

I took out my phone while waiting, planning to make up som reason or an alibi for her when the doors opened. It was Yunho oppa.

tumblr_lrv2qu5IGa1ql5p6to1_400.png

“Oppa, hello.” I greeted him. He turned to me and gave me a nod. He exited the elevator and went away.I went in the machine, confused.

Did Yunho oppa and my older brother switch personalities? Did I do somehting~ oh, my effin god, the phone call! It was Sekyung, and I called him!! Aish!!!

 

I ended up at Carlton hotel’s café. I was bored. Extremely bored. My brother’s off on a date with my best friend, Yunnie  oppa was cold to me*bbrrrr* and I’m alone~ I felt someone’s hand clamp on my shoulders.

“You’re bored at the same time occupied.” Khun sat in front of me. He was wearing a fit business suit.

“You look regal, very chaebol.” I teased. (A/N: Chaebol means a son of a rich household.)

“I just had a meeting, apparently this hotel and another 5 Carltons in the city are my new kids.” He said as he called the waiter and ordered.

“So, what’s up with you? You look…worried.” I noticed he was….frowning a bit.

“I’m worried because those guys*bluntly points his finger* are checking you out, and I don’t really approve of it, plus Jae might kill me.”

I turned my head and found three guys in tacky business suits looking at me.

“Ya, that’s bad manners, let them be, they’re not doing any harm. So you going to the party tomorrow?” I asked.

“Yeah, I am, you will right?”

“Like you’d not let me.” I said. He was glaring, again.

“Ho Nickhuhun, this is your hotel, so YOU shouldn’t be starting trouble.” I added pointedly.

“Good point, anyhoo, so you’ll be going tomorrow and I’m gonna make it up to you.”

“Make what up?”

“You’ll see, I feel guilty everytime I see you think deeply and your forehead get crinkly.” He said as he pattedmy forehead.

“You up for lunch? I’m hungry.” I said.

“Sure, but not here, I’ll treat you anywhere.”

“Hmmmm, I wanna eat fastfood.”

“You really are weird, okay, come on.”

I grinned as we stood up and went out.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Kim Jaejoong was seen driving his black Audi to the Jung estate. He looked mighty fine in his suit. But he felt….nervous, deep inside.

 

He finally arrived at their curb, he got off his car and called Minyoung.

“Uhmm, hey, I’m already at your doorstep.“ He said as he leaned on the hood.

“Really? Give me minute, I’ll be down.”

And there she was, Minyoung was wearing a silver dress with black heels. She looked gorgeous, like always.

“You look beautiful.” Jaejoong greeted her.

“Thank you.” She said as she got in the car.

“You’re okay with Western cuisine, right?” Jae asked as he drove round the city.

“Yeah, ah, right, I have something to ask.”

“What?”

“Uhmm, Yunho oppa mentioned this to me, about me going to Siwon oppa’s party-“

Jaejoong’s grip on the wheel tightened, not that she noticed.

“Well, I just wanted to ask, is it okay with you? I mean, you know, we’re both in this together and~”

“It’s okay, Minyoung. As long as, you go to Wooyoung’s party.” Jaejoong said without looking her.

“Good, well enough of that, I have something I’m curious about too.”

“Spill it.” Jaejoong grinned.

“Why’d you take me out? Image help?” She asked.

Jaejoong stalled. He didn’t know what to reply. Well, the truth was always the best.

“No, not for our image, I just wanted to have a noce meal with you.” Jaejoong said while looing at her.

“That’s…..sweet.” Minyoung looked down, she was blushing.

 

They arrived at one of the Kims’ owned establishment, Selera, a 4 storey fine dining restaurant at I’vGangnam.

“Where’s everybody?” Minyoung asked as they stepped in.

“I kinda had it reserved.”

“So, it’s just us?”

Jaejoong nodded, they went up the stairs and found a private dining hall.

“Sir, the meal has been prepared.” It was the restaurant’s manager who greeted them as they entered the hall.

“Thank you, that would be all.”

The manager bowed politely and left.

“Have a seat.” Jaejoong pulled out the chair for her.

 

“This place is great.” Minyoung said as she observed the hall.

“I’ve always had a soft spot for this place, it makes me feel…relaxed.”

“It does have its charm.” Minyoung agreed.

“Minyoung-ah, I have something to give you.” Jaejoong said. He was reaching for his coat pocket.

He took out a small blue green box. He gave it to Minyoung.

“Open it.” He encouraged.

Minyoung opened it, the box revealed a necklace with a heart pendant.

tiffany-necklaces-119.jpg

“Do you like it?” Jaejoong asked.

“It’s beautiful, thank you.” She said.

“I’m glad you like it, after this would you like to roam around for a while? I mean, it’s a nice night.“

“That would be great, and I want to show you something too.”

 

“Where are we going?” Jaejoong asked as he looked back at his car. They were both walking around the streets.

“When I was still in high school, there was this place I often go to.” Minyoung explained. Jaejoong was had his hand on her back.

“You skipped classes?” Jaejoong asked.

“No, I wasn’t like that, I usually go after classes.” Minyoung said as she stopped.

“Cheonggyecheon.” She said.

“It’s the stream,  I remember one time Jaehee brought me here, to eat rice cakes.” He said as he looked at the view, the lights and the water flowing on the stream.

572368_image2_1.jpg

“It’s my special place, whenever I feel sad or lonely, I go here and raid the food stalls.” Minyoung added with a sigh.

“Thanks, for telling me.” Jaejoong said as he leaned in and place his arm around her.

“Now, it’s time for dessert.” He said as they went down and approached the food stalls.

“You know, I thought I would get a negative reaction from you when I brought you here.” Minyoung said.

“Why?” Jaejoong asked.

“I thought you weren’t the type who likes crowded places.”

“Well, someone changed me.” He said as he gave her a smile.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

heyyyy:DDD here's another update, i hope you enjoy and really find it cute when Jae had to google just do go on a date? right? hahaa

anyway, i have this other fid on goin, i hope you check it out :>>

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/83993/not-just-any-replacement-changmin-dbsk-jyj-marriedlife-tvxq-yoochun-you