He

It Should Have Been Me

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

It was a heated moment; Kim Jaejoong’s fiancé wannabe was having a glare showdown with his girl friend, the beautiful Jung heiress.

“Oh, look who’s here, the b.tch who stole my place.” Sooyeon said while flipping her hair.

“Stole who’s place? That place was never occupied by someone like you.” Minyoung replied.

“Just so you know, I am his fiancé.”

“Quit pretending to be someone youre not, and never gonna be.” Minyoung smirked as she dusted the imaginary dust on Jaejoong’s coat.

“Don’t touch him.”

“Who says I cant.” Minyoung replied while giving Jae a meaningful smirk.

“I told you not to~” Sooyeon pulled Minyoung’s am away, but she got stopped by Jaejoong.

“Don’t touch my girl friend.” Jaejoong said.

“You’ll regret this Kim Jaejoong, I swear you will.”

“He wont.” Jaehee entered with security, which escorted Sooyeon out.

Sooyeon was sent out.

“That was….something.” Jaehee said.

“We…have ice cream in Jaehee’s office; you might want to join us.”

Jaejoong nodded and then he spoke to his sister.

“Jaehee-ya, can you go ahead? We’ll just follow.”

“Cool.”

 

Your POV

 

I didn’t know how to act and what to say earlier. Good thing Hwang Sooyeon begun to act all y and stuff.

“You wanted to talk about something?” I asked as Jaehee left.

“Yes, should we go out tomorrow? Since it’s a weekend.”

What? I tried to make sense of what he just said.

“You know for our dating image.”

“Ah, really? Sure. That would do us good.” I smiled.

“Great, I’ll pick you at 9, is that fine?”

“Sure.”

Wait,, was I expecting that he would ask me out on a date? STUPID JUNG MINYOUNG.

“Then, let’s go, Jaehee might finish the ice cream.” I felt his hand on my back as we went out of his office.

Remember Minyoungie, you are just pretending.

 

We found Jaehee inside her office, eating ice cream.

ceo_sc11.jpg

“What took you two so long? I got hungry.” She said as we sat down.

“Relationship issues.” Jaejoong grinned at her.

“Errkay, anyway, I placed a Persona non grata for Hwang Sooyeon.” She said simply as she swallowed a spoonful of the strawberry ice cream.

“Isnt that too mean?” I asked.

“Ya, what if dad will know?”

“Well, I’ll tell him she’s being scandalous.” She shrugged.

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I asked her out, well not directly but, I did. I used our dating image as an alibi, because when I’m in front of her I become at loss for words. Why does she make me nervous? Who is this woman that would make me doubt myself? Earlier when she barged in my office I felt that I REALLY cheated on her, but I didn’t, I felt guilty but I don’t know why. I shook my head.

“Earth calling to Kim Jaejoong, ice cream’s here.” Jaehee handed me a spoon and a cup.

“Thanks, sweet pea.”

“Don’t call me that, your girlfriend is here.” She said grimly. Then, Minyoung started to laugh.

“He calls you sweet pea? What are you a baby?” Minyoung asked.

Jaehee pouted.

“Hey, Yunnie Oppa calls you Kiddo!”

“It sounds better than sweet pea.”

“Ya~!” The two best friends went on their bickering. I sighed. I looked at Minyoung as she laughed, the way her eyes would sparkle when Jaehee does something funny, her laughter and the way her hair would bounce, it was all beautiful. Her eyes were amazing, her scent~~Ya, Kim Jaejoong, get a hold of yourself.

The two were still laughing when Jaehee’s secretary came in saying that she has a guest.

“Let him in.” She said.

“It must be the manager of the marketing department.” She said to us.

“Manager Lee, the report~” She got cut as she looked at the door.

I looked at the door. I felt my blood boil as I recognized him.

“Ch~~Changmin..oppa, what brings you here?”

Jaehee, please, don’t falter.

“I wanted to talk, are you free?” He asked.

“She’s not.” I said.

“Jaejoong, I just need to talk to her.”

“I wont allow it.” I looked at Jaehee.

“Jaehee-yah, please, it would only take a minute.”

“Jae oppa, I’ll just talk to him, I’ll be back.” Jaehee gripped my hand once and stood up.

“Jaehee~”

“It’s okay, oppa.” She smiled.

The two stepped out.

“They had a past.” I stated.

“I know.”

“Everything?”

“He got arranged right? But he never got married.”

“Well, not everything.” I said as i her patted my shoulder.

“I don’t like seeing her hurting.”

“She gets hurt everytime that idiot appears.”

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

We ended up walking to a nearby park.

“What did you want to talk about?” I asked.

“Us.” He stated simply.

“There is no us, anymore.”

“You left me without saying anything, how can you say that?”

“You were supposed to get married.” I replied.

“You told me you would obey your father.”

“You told me you wouldn’t leave.” He said.

“Look, I’m sorry if I lied, but I had to, it was for the good of us both.”

“You were only thinking of yourself.” Changmin said.

“No, I wasn’t. Now, listen, this conversation is over. Please, don’t approach me anymore. We will only get hurt.”

“It doesn’t matter to me anymore, Jaehee, I’ve been waiting for you, looking for you, please…come back to me.”

Jaehee, don’t. Don’t listen. Don’t mind him.

“I’m sorry, I cant, Oppa. Us, it’s over.” I turned my heels and went away.

“I still love you.” I felt his head rest on my chin and his arms around my waist.

“I’m sorry. I don’t have any feelings for you anymore.” I walked away without turning back.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was on my way for a lunch meeting with a few of our investors. I was driving around the streets of Gangnam looking for the restaurant, until I saw a familiar figure walking listlessly. Her bag was slung around her shoulder and her face looked languid. I watched her as she walked, then I saw some guys eye her that was when I stopped my car and went down.

“Jaehee-yah!” I called to her.

No response.

“Kim Jaehee!” I said. She stopped then turned to me.

“Yunho oppa.” She usually smiles when she sees me, why does she look so lifeless?

“Is something wrong? You look pale.” I went to her.

“No, I’m okay, but, what brings you here?”

“I was on my way somewhere till I saw you walking like a dead person.”  I tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Ah, really? Won’t you be late?”

“Jaehee, what’s wrong? You look like you have something inside that’s bothering you.”

“It’s nothing, oppa, honestly.” She smiled, not her real smile.

“Jaehee, tell me the truth, I don’t like seeing you like this.” I took hold of her hands.

“I’m….a bad person.” She almost whispered.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I hurt someone today…. I hurt him so much…but I cant do anything what’s done is done.” I saw tears falling from her eyes.

“Jaehee-yah, stop crying, I’m sure he will forgive you.” Who is HE?

“He wont, oppa, I know he wont.”

I didn’t say anything instead I hugged her. I felt her arms encircle my waist.

“Oppa, I don’t know what to do.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you.”

“Kim Jaehee, how..could you do this?” I heard a voice say. I felt Jaehee tense.

“Let go of her.”

I turned to the voice. Changmin?

“Kim Jaehee, you…..you’re so heartless.” Changmin pulled Jaehee by the arm roughly.

“Changmin-ah, let go of her.” I stepped in between them.

“Stay out of this, Yunho.” He seethed.

“You’re hurting her, let go.” I pried his hand off Jaehee’s arm.

“No, she’s the one who’s hurting me! She left me.” He said.

I looked at Jaehee with shock. The HE she was referring to was Changmin?

“Oppa, let’s go.” I felt her hand on my arm.

“Don’t you dare escape me again.”Changmin pulled her back, in reflex I punched Changmin.

“Oppa, Stop it!” Jaehee was in front of me.

“I said don’t hurt her.” I looked at Changmin who was wiping his mouth.

“She’s mine, Jung Yunho, we’re not over yet.”

“We are over already.” Jaehee said.

I noticed that people were looking at us. I pulled Jaehee by the waist and placed my arms around her, we walked out of the place.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

Can my day get any worse? Yunho oppa had his arms around me all the time. We were making our way to his car. I don’t know why, but something’s not right, I’ve been good friends with this guy for a long time, but now, when he makes a sudden physical contact I blush. My heart starts beating faster.

 

I was seated in his car.

“Jaehee-yah, are you okay? Did he hurt you?”

“No, I’m okay. I’m sorry, Oppa.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry for, but…can I ask you one thing?”

I nodded.

“That..He earlier….is it Changmin?”

“Yes.”

I saw him look down as if contemplating what to say.

“We once dated, Oppa. I left him. Because he got arranged.”

“But he’s not married.”

“He just told me. But, we already broke up.”

“And yet he still loves you.” He muttered.

“I don’t know.”

“Do you still have feelings for him?” He was looking at me.

“That…I don’t know also, oppa.”

I felt his hand on mine.

“Promise me something, Jaehee. That…you will tell me if you still like him, okay?”

“Okay, oppa.”

 

Yunho’s POV

 

So, she still has feelings for Changmin? But, why did she leave him? And, why did I feel as if a rock was thrown on me when she said that she still unclear about her feelings for Min?

Why did I punch Changmin earlier? I just didn’t like the way he held onto Jaehee…why is there a weird feeling inside of me?

 

Jung Yunho are you in love with her?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++