Chapter 58

It Should Have Been Me

Jaehee’sPOV

Minyoung’s doctor finally came out from the room. Before he could speak, Oppa bolted up from his seat.

“How is she?” He asked anxiously, I stood up and listened.

“She’s okay, I had to stitch a part of her forearm, she got cut there pretty badly, but, you have nothing to worry about, she’s okay.”

My brother sighed. The doctor excused himself, but he did say that they already transferred Youngie to a room.

“That’s good.” I took a breath as Oppa and I walked to the elevator.

“No, it’s not.”

I was startled by his tone of voice.

I did hear right, right?

“She left a scar on her! She and her goons left a scar on her!” He said. I blinked. Stitches, scars.

“Oppa, I’m sure the doctor can also remove that, new technologies nowadays~”

“That’s not the point, Kim Jaehee. She got scarred.” He said. The elevator stopped, oppa got off before I did. Then he turned back to me.

“Because of me, she got scarred.” He said, then he turned away.

He entered room 897. I decided not to go in first. They need to talk. I leaned on the wall and slipped down. My arms were hanging in front of me, they were on top of my folded knees.

I sighed. Oppa’s blaming himself. It’s not his fault. I blew a raspberry.

“What’s our young miss doing here?”

Don’t blame if I go paranoid or something, I was just attacked earlier. I stood up and stepped back. To my relief it was someone I was glad to see.

“It’s a relief, its just you.” I said as I hugged him. I encircled my arms around his waist. I felt his chin on my shoulder.

“Relief? Did something happen?”

I shook my head, I’d rather not tell him.

“Are you okay? You’re not hurt?” I looked at his face.

“Ani, I’m okay.” He poked my nose. I didn’t reply, I just hugged me again.

He chuckled softly.

“You missed me that much?” He was combing my hair with his fingers.

“Ani.”

“Ya, how~”

“I was worried, that you’d get hurt.” I said without looking up.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I just felt her hug tighten. I feel guilty; I must have made her really anxious. I inhaled her sweet lavender scent.

“I’m sorry, for making you worry.” I whispered as kissed her hair.

She pulled back and smiled.

“Youngie’s at room 897.” I said.

“I know, Oppa went there just now.” She sighed and slumped her shoulders.

“She’s going to be okay, Hee.” I assured her.

“I know, but I don’t know if my brother will be.”

I opened the door for her, we made our way to the hospital garden.

“He was hurt?” I didn’t recall Jae being hurt.

“No, he’s fine, he’s blaming himself.” She said as we both sat down.

“Why would he do that? It’s Hwang Sooyeon’s fault.” I said. She shrugged. I could tell she didn’t want to talk about it.

“Oppa, let’s go, I wanna see Minyoung.” She pulled my hand. I felt myself smile as I felt her fingers intertwined with mine.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Yunho and Jaehee entered the room. Jae was there, he was sitting on the edge of the bed, he was gazing longingly at Mninyoung’s face. A solemn expression was on his face as he traced the bandage on her arm.

Jaehee placed the flowers she brought on a vase beside her bedside.

“Youngie, I missed you.” She said to her sleeping form and kissed her bestfriend’s forehead.

Yunho fixed the blanket on his sister and sat down.

Jaehee sat down beside her brother, she was trying to brighten his mood up, but for the first time in her life, she failed. Jae wasn’t reacting at all. She sulked as she made her way to the couch.

“Jae, are you gonna be okay here alone? I have to deal with the media outside and~”

“I’m okay, you guys can leave.”

GUYS. Jaehee and Yunho. Hee pouted as she stood up and followed her boyfriend.

“You see what I mean?” Jaehee said as she crossed her arms.

Yunho didn’t say anything she just took her hand.

 

“Oppa, can I ask you something?” Jaehee said as Yunho took a sip from his coffee. He gave her a nod.

“Was Hwang Sooyeon captured?”

“Yes, I saw it with my own two eyes.” Yunho said.

Jaehee furrowed both of her brows. Something didn’t feel right, she could feel it.

“Why? Is something wrong?” Yunho asked. She shook her head.

 

Jaejoong’sPOV

 

I cant explain how much guilt I’m feeling right now. Minyoung was still asleep. I sat beside her while holding her hand.

Ever since I was a little boy my father has always taught me that girls should always be treated right, they are delicate just like flowers, he once said. But now, Minyoung got hurt because of me, and…..I cant accept that.

Sure, the doctor said she was going to be okay, her bruises would heal, but that scar, it would always leave a mark on her, a mark that would remind her how she suffered because of me, because of my own neglectfulness. I kissed her lips once and stood up. I made my way to the door.

“J..Jae?”

I froze. I looked back, she was looking at me.

“Minyoung-ah.” I went back to her and caressed her hair. She smiled.

“Can you adjust the bed? I don’t like being this low.” She asked, I nodded and helped her sit up.

“How are you feeling?” I asked as I sat back beside her.

“I feel fine, but my arm’s a bit itchy.” She looked at her arm.

“Minyoung-ah, about that~”

“I’m hungry, do we have food here?” She asked. I nodded and got the food Yunho brought over earlier.

“Doctor Park told me about my arm, Jae. It’s okay.” She shrugged as if it was nothing.

I yelled at myself inwardly.

I smiled as I handed her sushi.

I sat beside her, I love the way the sunlight hits her face, and she looks so beautiful.

“Minyoung-ah.” I said. She looked at me.

“I’m sorry and I love you.” I said. She smiled at me.

“I love you too.” She replied.

I kissed her lips and hugged her. But I couldn’t ignore the guilty feeling creeping inside of me.

 

I went home after visiting Minyoung.

“Oppa, I have a conference tomorrow at Jeju.” Jaehee said as I got a glass of water. I gave her a nod.

“Well, I’ll be out for two days at least, you sure you can manage?” She asked.

“Hee, I’ve been managing since you went away.” I gave her a knowing look. She rolled her eyes and went up.

But I don’t think I can manage the guilt.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Teaser:

“What do you mean?!”

 

“She…she…what?!”

 

“You bloody idiots! Whats the use of your training if you can even stop that-”

 

“I swear to god, I will finish this.”

 

 

 

hey everyone!! sorry for updating late, i got caught up with a few things lately :3, anyway, here's another chappie!!!

oh, i have something to ask, what do you guys think about a khun-chunji-you-dbsk fic??? :DD