Chapter 61

It Should Have Been Me

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

It’s been three days since Sooyeon’s escape, nothing seems to going wrong, maybe she wasn’t planning on attacking…..yet.

Meanwhile, Jaehee was found in her bed, still under the covers. It’s already 8 AM, she’s going to be late for work.

“Hee? You in there?” She heard a voice near her door, eventually the door opened.

“Still in bed?” Jaejoong asked, he was already wearing a work suit.

Noticing his sister’s weak countenance, he looked at her worriedly.

“Are you sick?” He placed his palm on her forehead.

“You’re not running a cold aren’t you?” He asked again. Hee shook her head.

“My tummy feels funny oppa and my head feels like it’s going to crack. But, I’m going to be fine soon.” She said.

“Ah, then, I’ll ask Butler Jang to send you some aspirin, are you sure you’re going to be alright?”

“Yeah, this is normal, I slept late last night.” She reasoned as pushed her hair back ou of her face.

“I can stay to~”

“Oppa, it’s okay, I’ll be fine, you have work today.” She gave him a smile.

“Well, okay, just call me if you need anything, okay?”

Hee nodded as Jaejoong kissed her forehead and left.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

Jaehee was sick today, o wonder what’s wrong. She’s not the type to get sick that easily. Maybe she did sleep late last night. I was driving my way to the company when my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Jaejoong-ah, it’s me.” There came tat sweet voice.

“Youngie, why?”

“I’m heading over to your office now, oppa flew to Jeju today for the hotel opening.”

“So you’re going to attend the meeting in his place?”

“Yeah, I didn’t want to in the first place~”

“Ya!”

I heard her laugh.

“Don’t be late.” I teased.

“Yes, vice president.”

“I’ll see you later, Youngie, love you.”

“Arasso, love you too.”

 

Your POV

 

Around 2 PM I entered the Kim Co. building.

“You’re quite early.” I heard a husky voice behind me.

Then, I felt a pair of lips on my cheek.

“Ya, we’re in the lobby!” I whispered as I tried to cover my red cheeks.

I heard him chuckle softly and he took my hand.

“It’s good, they’ll know who you are to me.”

“Ugh, so cheesy, Jae.” I playfully hit his arm as we approached the elevator.

“I’m not, just being…truthful.” He laughed.

“You seem to be in a good mood.”

“It’s because you’re here.”

I rolled my eyes at him.

“How’s Jaehee doing?”

“She’s sick, she had to stay home.”

“Omo, is she really sick? Fever?” I felt worry creeping inside me.

“Ani, nothing to worry about, she said she slept late last night, it gave her a headache and stomachache.”

I nodded, I should call to check on her later.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was driving to our coastal hotel in Jeju when I grabbed my headset and called Hee.

“Hello? Yunho oppa?”

“Hey, I’m just calling to let you know I’m at Jeju right now.”

“Really? Why?”

“I have a hotel opening today, want to come over?” I asked.

“I would love to, but, oppa, I’m sick.”

“What?! Youdidntellmeicouldjustgohomerightnow~”

“Oppa, slow down, I’m just at home, nursing a headache, and you’re rapping skills just now, didn’t help.” I heard her laugh. I sighed.

“I’m sorry, are you really okay?”

“Yeah, nothing I cant handle. Buy me some oranges on your way home, okay?”

“Anything for you, anyway, you have to get well. Don’t go to work.”

“I wont, good luck to your hotel event, I’ll see you later oppa.”

“Okay, just stay home, okay?”

“Got it!”

I felt myself smile as I remembered her laugh. She’s the only girl who could make me smile this much. I don’t what I’d do if I lose her.

 


Jaejoong’s POV

MInyoung and I were at Passion5, she was choosing over the hundreds of colorful pastries that hurt my eyes. I remembered the time when I went here just to buy some macaroons and ask her out. I smiled at the memory.

“I ordered cheesecake for you, since you said you didn’t like the strawberry mudslide and oh, I bought some macaroons and pies for Hee too.” She said as we both sat down and waited for our order to come.

“That’s’ great, Hee is a bit of a sweet tooth.”

“Did you call her? Is she okay now?” Minyoung asked.

“I didn’t get the chance to, I’ll call her now.” I took out my phone and called my sister.

After five rings she pick up.

“Oh, hey, oppa, what’s up?” She sounded, out of breath.

“Ya, are you okay? You sound like you ran.”

“I kinda did, I was in the shower when I heard the phone ring, is anything up?”

Minyoung was looking at me.

“No, I’m at Passion5 with Minyoung, we just wanted to know if you’re okay, are you?”

“Yes, I am, say hi to her for me, but Oppa, I need to finish my shower! I’ll just get back to you in a few.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later.”

 

“How is she?” Minyoung asked as I put my phone down. The waiter finally came with out order.

“She said she was okay, she wast taking a shower when I called, she says hi.”

“That’s a good thing, but, I’ve been thinking, I know it still not that safe and….”

“And?” I queried.

“Wouldn’t it be nice if we take some time off? Like go to the beachk to unwind or something? Just us four.”

I thought for a while.

“That’s a good idea, but if we do that we should go somewhere….far and hidden.” I replied.

“Cool, I asked oppa about it, he said he’ll look up a place. I would really love to get away from the city.”

I smiled at her enthusiasm. I leaned over the table and pinched her nose.

“What?” She asked.

“It’s nothing, you look like a kid.” I grinned as she stuck her tongue out at me.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Kim Jaehee was sitting in front of her iMac, typing away. She was wearing a pair of olive green skinny jeans, a gray v-neck shirt and black Chuck Taylors.

“What was it again?” She muttered as she scribbled on her Rillakuma note pad.

“Mokpo house,,,Dokdo villa,,, and Jeju orchard.” She smiled triumphantly as she placed the list on her bag.

She asked Butler Jang to prepare her black Audi R8, she grabbed her MCM slingbag and went down.

 

Her navigator gave her directions as she drove around the village of Mokpo, it was a bit of a rural place. There were rice mills and cornfields. She stopped over a mini mart and asked about the Hwang family.

“About the Hwangs, they lived just across the market, but… I heard they sold the house a few years back.” The old lady by the counter told her.

“Ah, really? Thank you so much for your help.” She said as she stepped out from the store and crashing out the Mokpo house from her list.

She got in her car and got her phone.

“Director Hong? This is me.”

She was speaking on the phone with the Director of their hotel in Jeju.

“Oh, it’s the Chief, do you need anything?”

“Yes, I was hoping if you could check some things for me.”

“Of course, what would it be?”

“It’s about the Hwangs, can you please check if their villa is occupied right now?”

“Yes, I will.”

“And Mr. Hong?”

“Yes, young miss?”

“I need the information quick, please call me before the day ends.”

“Understood, chief.”

“Arassso, thank you.”

She placed her phone back in her bag and drove to Dokdo.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++