Chapter 13

It Should Have Been Me

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

I was standing on the stage with my father when he announced my brother’s engagement. I felt my jaw drop.

Then a girl with honey blond hair went up on stage, she was wearing shabby red tube dress.

Fashion faux pas.

I saw my brother’s shocked face. How did this happen? Who is this girl? She needs a stylist.

I fought back the urge to step up.

Finally, they went down the stage and I followed them.

“Oppa~”

“Oh, you must be Jaehee, I’m Sooyeon, your brother’s fiancé.” She extended her hand to me.

“Hi, nice meeting you.” I shook her hand put on a smile. My brother had a clueless look on his face.

“Excuse us.” He said as he pulled Sooyeon out.

Did he know about it already?

No, it’s impossible; he would have at least MENTIONED it to me, right? Right?

I mean, I’m his sister~

“Ya, what are you staring at?” It was Yunho oppa.

“Oh, hey Oppa.”

“Send my congratulations to your brother.” He said as he handed me a glass of champagne.

“Uhmm, no. Not yet.” I said as I pulled away from the crowd.

I found my father sitting down with his secretary, they seem to discussing something.

“Sir, I think what you did was untimely, the young master was not informed ahead of time~”

“It’s okay, it’s still going to happen.”

I stepped back.

Oppa didn’t know?!

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

The new “engaged” couple was seen outside, in the garden , talking.

“I’m sorry, Sooyeon-ssi, I don’t approve of this engagement.”

Hurt was seen in the eyes of miss Hwang.

“But, it has already been announced, we’ll just put our families in shame.”

“I’m sorry, I cant do this.”

“You cant do anything about it, Oppa.”

“Oppa?.....I’m cancelling it.”

“No you wont, we’re official, nothing will change that.”

Jaejoong shook his head at her and walked back to the hall.

Hwang Sooyeon stood there, completely mad and completely challenged. For the first time, a guy declined her.

“Kim Jaejoong, you will be mine.” She said with a smirk on her face.

 

“Oppa, I heard everything.” Jaehee said as she approached her older brother.

“I don’t know what to do, dongsaeng-ah, I….I don’t want this.”

“I know, but trust me Oppa, I’ll….help you find a way out.” She said as she took hold of her brother’s hand.

“I cant get engaged with her,I cant.” Jae said. Jaehee could only nod. She was also worried.

 

 

Your POV

 

He’s getting engaged? Well, that was..unsual. I saw Jaehee and Jaejoong’s reactions when their father announced it, why did they look so shocked? Strange.

I saw Jaejoong and the girl, Sooyeon, I think, went out of the room.

My best friend look stressed also.

 

I saw her sitting down one of the chairs, I approached her.

“Hey, is something wrong? You look…down.” I asked as I sat beside her.

“Oh, Minyoung-ah, I’m okay.”

“You’re lying.”

“I’m not.”

“Jaehee-yah, I’ve known you for more than ten years, please don’t keep it from me.” I took hold of her hands.

“If I tell you something….would you help me?”

“Anything for my best friend.” I said with a smile.

She looked up, smiling.

“It’s like this……”

“What?”

“The announcement earlier,the engagement, none of us knew about it.”

“Okay…. So?”

“The girl….she’s….anyway, oppa doesn’t like her, no,…he doesn’t want to get engaged.”

I nodded. So, how do I help her?

“Canyoupretendtobehisgirlfriendforawhile.”

“Girl, you are not a rapper.”

She took a deep breath, and blew her bangs up.

“Can you pretend to be his girlfriend for a while?”

I dropped my clutch.

“Ya,Kim Jaehee, what are you thinking about? No way.”

“But you said you’d help me!” She whined.

“That would be trouble.”

“No, it wont, I promise!”

“It will be, plus, its too difficult.” I looked away from her. Bestfriends, crazy ideas.

“Minyoung-ah, please, help me.” She pouted.

“Ya, I don’t even know if your brother’s gonna approve of this.”

“He will, I swear.”

“Still, no.” I said.

“Pretty please?”

“No.”

She huffed.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I believe father set me up. Here I was sitting down in the center’s bar. Who is Hwang Sooyeon anyway? I’ve never heard of their company.

Then, I heard boisterous laughing.

I saw a familiar wave of blond hair. She was flirting with some guys at another table. It’s her.

“.” Jaehee sat beside me.

“Words.”

“What? Look at her Oppa, she can’t marry in our family.” She looked pissed.

“I know.”

“Will you cancel it Oppa?”

“Yes, but I don’t know how to do it.”

“I’m sorry Oppa, I cant be of help that much.”

I smiled at my sister.

“Its okay, as long as you do well in the company.”

“Workaholic.” She rolled her eyes.

Then, I saw Minyoung walking out of the lobby. She had long brown hair and her skin was milky. She’s beautiful. Her brown eyes were so warm, full of life. She had long legs and a pretty smile. She’s….gorgeous, ~ stop  it, Jae.

“Oh, it’s Minyoung.” My sister looked at the direction where I was looking. I immediately looked down.

“You think she’s pretty huh, oppa?”

“What?”

“Just answer me.”

“..Yeah, she is.”

“Waa, for the first time in my life, I actually heard you praise a girl.” She grinned.

“It’s not like that, I just find her unique.”

She nodded.

 

Your POV

 

After my talk with Jaehee last night, I left the place. I was just so tired. Today, I woke up and decided to grab coffee somewhere.

I wore my denim high waist shorts, a red shirt and a nave blue power shoulder jacket. I chose a pair of lace up booties and went down.

 

I was walking around the streets of Myeongdong.

I don’t know why, but Jaehee’s brother’s face kept on appearing in my mind. The way he helped me last night. The way he smiled at me. I cant be crushing on my best friend’s brother right? I shook my head.

I grabbed my phone and decided to text my brother, I heard someone shouting at a far dictance, but didn’t mind it until….

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist and spun me around, just when a bicycle came in rushing by. I was facing a muscular chest, he was hugging me.

“We meet again.” The man said in a familiar tone.

I felt myself blush.

“Ah, yes.” I said as he let go of me.

“Are you okay? Are you not hurt?” He asked.

KA THUMP. KA THUMP. KA THUMP.

“Ah, no, I’m okay, thank you, again.” I said. I looked at him; he was wearing a casual beige suit.

“Youre welcome, I thought Jaehee went out with you.” He said as we both walked.

“No, she didn’t call me today.” I said. I looked at his side profile. He was so good looking. His eyes were perfect and his lips were so pink.

“Would you like to have coffee together?” He asked.

“Sure.”

 I noticed that a lot of females would look at him as we passed by.

 

~~~~Narrator’s POV~~~~

 

The young master Kim was seen out with a girl and he was smiling, and take note, the girl is not his sister, for he only smiles with his sib. He was seen out with a girl and he looked like he was enjoying her company. They were having coffee together, they were chatting.

 

Unbeknownst to them, two hooded guys were taking pictures of them.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++