Chapter 57

It Should Have Been Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Hwang Sooyeon sashayed towards Jaejoong.

“I’m delighted you came.” She smiled as she touched the lapel of his coat.

“I’m sure, Jung Minyoung will be too.” She smirked.

“Where is she?”

“You cant forget about the deal, you have to officially announce that I am engaged to you.” She said with an innocent smile.

“I can call any media company with my phone, as long as you show her to me first.” Jaejoong said as he pushed her hands away.

“That seems fair enough, anything for her, huh?” She smirked as she nodded to one of her burly men.

Two men appeared out of nowhere dragging a chair with them. Tied to the chair was an unconscious Jung Minyoung.

“What’s this? Lovers’ reunion? How sweet.” Sooyeon said as Jaejoong ran to the chair.

“Minyoung-ah, wake up!,,wake up!” He patted her cheeks.

“Don’t worry, she’s still alive.” Hwang Sooyeon rolled her eyes.

 

Jung Yunho parked his car just behind warehouse, he placed his gun on his back holster and got out of the car.

“He just entered, he’s talking with Hwang Sooyeon right now.”

His earpiece said. Yunho went near the back door. He saw 4 guys standing by a chair. His eyes widened as he realized who was sitting and tied to the chair. Then one of the guys spoke.

“He’s here, bring her out.”

Two guys left the place, dragging the chair with them. Yunho decided to move.

“Hello?” He said using a casual tone, he stepped in.

“Who are you?!” One of the guys spoke up.

“I’m lost, I don’t know the area. But, who was that girl tied to the chair?”

None of the, replied. The three men backed away towards a table.

“Perhaps,,,were you kidnapping her?” He said with a smile.

The men grabbed their guns and attacked him.

tumblr_lttbriERKn1qa2j82o1_250.gif

 

 

Meanwhile, Kim Jaehee was at their second floor living room, pacing back and forth like a mad woman. Two SSAT agents who were watching over her were both getting dizzy.

“What is happening?.....Are they okay?....Minyoung-ah……”

Butler Jang came in with tea and some cookies.

“Young miss, please calm down.” He said.

“How can I calm down, knowing that my brother, Minyoung and Yunho oppa~” She got cut off.

“You should, butler Jang called me here just to help you with that.” Yoochun came in.

“Oppa!” She hugged her older cousin.

“I heard it all, relax Hee, it will be okay. He rubbed her back.”

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

The moment I saw her there, I felt something tick inside of me, it was anger. It took all my energy not to bring out my gun and shook Hwang Sooyeon in the head. I tried waking Minyoung up, but she was still unconscious.

“So, you have her now, make the call.” Hwang Sooyeon said tauntingly, I didn’t fail to notice the look she gave to her men, then we heard loud banging from the back part of the building.

One of her men were shot, Seunghyun, I thought to myself. One guy was still left standing, he was getting something from his coat pocket.

“Go, pull that out.” I pointed my pistol at him.

20110221_jaejoong3.jpg

I heard sirens outside, Seunghyun’s agents rushed in. Hwang Sooyeon stood there completely motionless.

I went back to Minyoung, I untied her hands and feet.

“Minyoung-ah, wake up!..open you eyes!”

“Hyung, the medics are here, they’ll be taking her.” I felt Seunghyun’s hand on my shoulder.

 

 

Minyoung was whisked off to the hospital by a helicopter; I was left there to talk with the officials.

“The truth is that, Hwang Sooyeon and I were originally arranged for a political marriage.” I started, I don’t know how the media got a whiff of what was happening but they were here.

“I refused from the very beginning, I want to marry for love, not for business, in revenge Hwang Sooyeon kidnapped my girl friend, Jung Minyoung, she has also caused harm to my family.” I simply stated as the cameras flashed. I found my way to my car and drove out.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

As soon as Chunnie oppa received the call I dashed out of the house. I hopped into my blue Audi and drove to the hospital.

I arrived at the hospital’s entrance, I was not surprised by the amount of media that was there.

“How will I enter?” I approached the crowd. I placed my sunglasses on.

“Oh! It’s Miss Kim!...Miss Kim, what is your reaction to what happened?...Miss Kim, what will your family do to Miss Hwang?”

I didn’t reply to any of the questions, I pushed through the crowds, and finally I made it in the lobby. I asked the nurses’ desk.

“Jung Minyoung? She’s still in the OR, ma’am.”

I nodded and ran to the elevator.

 

As soon as I stepped out of the elevator, I got crushed by a pair of strong arms.

“Oppa?” I asked. He didn’t say anything, I just felt his hug tighten.

Then, I realized something, the way he smells, it was not familiar to me.

“I will avenge the young miss~” He spoke. I felt his hug loosen, he fell on the floor.

tumblr_l9xmact3KG1qc1pobo1_500.jpg

 

“He escaped earlier.” Seunghyun oppa steadied me. I looked at the man; he got shot in the leg.

“How did you…..without any noise…” I said incoherently.

“Silencer.” A group of police officers came to the scene, Seunghyun pulled me away.

“Where are they?” I asked as we walked.

“They’re in the waiting room.” He said.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I was sitting down outside the OR. I heard footsteps approaching.

“Oppa!” It was Jaehee.

“Are you okay?” She asked as she hugged me.

I nodded.

“How about Minyoung?” She asked.

“I don’t know, the doctor didn’t say anything yet.” I hugged her back.

“She’ll be okay oppa.” She said as she patted my back.

“I know she will, I’m just worried, what if she’ll~”

“Oppa, don’t think that way, she will be okay.” Jaehee pulled back.

“But, why are you here?” I asked.

“Is that even a question? I have to be here.”

We both sat down, I know she’s curious about something.

“Yunho’s okay, in fact he’s at thr lobby, someone had to deal with the press.” I grinned, she smiled.

“That’s good, but, Minyoung, ~she……” Her shoulders slumped.

I was worried too, I know she wasn’t hurt that bad, but still this would leave a mark on her, just because of me.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++