Chapter 56

It Should Have Been Me

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I picked up the call. It was Hwang Sooyeon.

“Good afternoon Mister Jung, have you had your lunch yet?” She said.

“Just get down with the business, Miss Hwang.” I replied.

“I cant seem to contact my hubby, is he with you?” She said. I gave them phone to Jaejoong.

He placed it on speaker.

“What is it Hwang Sooyeon?”

“I’m willing to give her back, but you know what I want in return right?”

We all looked at each other.

“Well, let me say it again, you’ll only get her back if you announce OUR engagement.”

Jaehee almost grabbed the phone but I pulled her back.

“Okay, just don’t hurt her.” Jaejoong rubbed his sister’s shoulder.

We all heard her fake tinkling laughter.

“Here’s the deal, meet me today at 2 PM, we’re at Daegu, the warehouse near the dilapidated mall. Oh, and if you dare bring someone with you, she’ll suffer.”

“I got it.” Jaejoong replied. Then the line went dead.

“Anyone up for lunch?” Jaejoong said, but there was different look on his face.

“Ya, Oppa, are you crazy?!” Jaehee ranted. Jaejoong looked at her.

“Almost, anyway, let’s eat.” He gestured towards the dining room.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

They were discussing their plans over lunch.

“It’s going to be like this, since Hyung you’re going alone, and she has men who are armed- ”

Seung Hyun took out his iPad.

“This is a blueprint of the building they’re staying in now. There are two unoccupied buildings in the area. I will stay in one of the rooftops, some of my agents will be at the other building, watching over.”

Yunho oppa and Jaejoong oppa nodded.

“Wait, you’re coming too?” I asked Yunho oppa.

“Of course, she’s my sister.” He said.

“So, does that mean I’m coming too?” I asked as I clasped my hands together.

“NO!” The three of them almost yelled. I shrunk back in my chair.

“So, you’re just going to leave me here?” I said.

“No, you’ll be guarded by my agents here.” Seunghyun gestured towards the men who were standing by the doors. I sighed.

“It’s better if you stay here, for our peace of mind.” Yunho oppa placed his hand on mine.

I nodded. They all looked so determined.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

Seunghyun was discussing the plan to us.

“So, Hyung, you go in first, I’ll have some of my agents check the perimeter watch you from above.”

“Okay, I get it.” Jaejoong said, Seunghyun took out his iPad again.

“If Yunho comes it would be more reasonable, that would give Sooyeon more to think about.” He mentioned as he gave us earpieces.

“These are connected to us, I’ll be giving instructions while we’re on it.”

“I’ll pass by the back and take care of her men over there.”

“I could send some agents~” Seunghyun started.

“Okay, I’m pretty sure I can handle them.” I said. There was a knock, we all turned.

“Are you all fools?” Jaehee saw the guns on the table. She was holding on to something.

“Hee, this is okay, Sooyeon’s not that~” Jaejoong said but she cut him off. She threw those black things on the table.

“Bulletproof vests.” She muttered. Seunghyun smiled at her.

“The cars are outside.” She turned her head towards the window. Her brows were furrowed. Jaejoong stood up and looked at his watch.

“It’s time.” He said, it was already 1 PM. Jaehee crossed her arms and faced the windows.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

My sister was ignoring us. I knew how she felt.

“Dongsaeng-ah, we’ll be safe, I promise.” I hugged her from the back.

“I just don’t get it, why do you have to confront her, it’s too dangerous, oppa.” She faced me.

“She has Minyoung, I don’t want her~”

“I know, but, you can just go inside with Seunghyun or with a back up or something.” Her eyes were filled with worry.

“You know, Hwang Sooyeon is unpredictable, sweet pea.” I tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

“Whatever happens, you have to come back safely.” She said as she gave me a tight hug.

“I will. You’ll kill me if I don’t.” I prodded lightly. She nodded, then I let go of her and exited the room.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

“Why aren’t you leaving? They’re waiting outside.” I said, Yunho oppa was standing by the table.

“I know you’re angry, but~”

“I’m not, I’m worried.” I sighed. He walked towards me, I felt his arms around me.

“I’ll be back and safe.” He said. I hugged him back.

“I know. But, you have to be careful, okay?” I smiled as I felt his warmth.

“Okay, I promise, you too, don’t do something reckless while we’re away, arasso?” He said.

“When was I reckless? Anyway, oppa, you have to go.” I patted his bulletproof vest and pulled away.

“I’ll see you later.” He kissed me on the lips and exited the room.

After he closed the doors I collapsed on the chair. Worry was eating me. Sure, we’ve been taught how to shoot and defend ourselves since we were young, but Hwang Sooyeon’s men are hooligans.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Two black vans exited the Kim estate, followed by three black sports cars. Kim Jaejoong was inside his black Ferrari. His eyes had nothing but pure anger towards his fiancé wannabe. It would be a 45 minute drive to Daegu. Unknowingly, he stepped on the pedal and sped up.

 

They parked a few yards away from the building

“We’ll stay here, we don’t have to let her know we brought company.” Seungyun said, the SSAT agents were setting up their guns and devices. Jaejoong was standing, he had his sunglasses on, he was observing the surroundings.

tumblr_lk0yfhXRcd1qag15wo1_500.png

“Here, put them on now.” Seunghyun handed them the earpieces.

“Jaejoong hyung, you’ll enter the establishment when I’ll give you the sign, okay?”

Jaejoong nodded, he placed one pistol behind and tucked it in his pants.

Jaejoong walked off. Seunghyun turned to Yunho.

“I’ll pass by the back, I’ll try to see if I can get to Jae if they try to attack.” Yunho said.

“I’ll be up there.” He pointed to a dilapidated building adjacent to the warehouse.

Yunho nodded and got in his car. He had to drive to the back part of the warehouse.

tumblr_lqumyvtH651qhz9t3.bmp

 

 

 

“Hyung, you can go in now.”

Jaejoong was standing near the building. He nodded, he looked up and saw Seunghyun.

090917_IRIStopstills_fullbody3.jpg

Jaejoong nodded and started to approach the building. He got in, he was welcomed by Hwang Sooyeon’s men.

“Oh, finally, you’re here.” Hwang Sooyeon said, she was sitting down.

“Where is she?” Jaejoong said, his voice was icy.

“Don’t get to excited hubby. Let’s have some fun first.” Hwang Sooyeon stood up and approached him.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++