Chapter 43

It Should Have Been Me

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

“Ohh, Jaehee-ya, it’s been a long time.”

Since when were we close?, Jaehee thought.

Jaehee took off her glasses and looked at the girl from head to toe.

yeh002.jpg

“Jaeheee-yah, Sooyeon’s here, I invited her over.” The elder Kim said.

“Ah, really? That doesn’t sound suprising.” She said as she sat down and crossed her legs.

“I invited her over, you and her got off from a bad start, and it would be better if she gets along with you.”

Jaehee groaned inwardly.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

You’ve got to kidding me right????! Dad’s practically saying it to my face! He wants me to accept Hwang Soo-b*tch-yeon!

“Appa,  I’ll be going inside, I have some..things to do.” I said.

“Why wont you give Sooyeon a tour in the house first?”

“Uhm, dad, Buter Seo can do that, I’m busy, then I’ll be going.” I stormed into the house and hid in my room.

 

I walked back and forth by window.

 

What on earth is happening?! She cant be here?!?!? Is Appa planning something again?!

Where is my brother anway?!

 

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

Kim Jaejoong was seen inside the firing range with a serious look on his face. He had the target range all to himself.

He was holding his pistol, it was obvious he had a lot in mind, oh, not just work, but everything that has been bothering him.

tumblr_lgz0auEYk71qc54rgo1_400.gif

 

He shot the target mercilessly, he wanted to take it all out, he was frustrated and angry at himself, also he was hurt. After firing, he changed back into his clothes and drove home fro dinner.

 

He parked his Bugatti Veyron behind his sister’s Mercedes. He was confused why Jaehee left her car there. He entered the house and was greeted by his sister.

“Dinner at the garden.” She simply muttered without looking at him. She stepped away but Jaejoong caught her arm.

“Dongsaeng-ah, I’m sorry, I know I’ve been an to you, but I don’t…I just..”

“I understand oppa, but you have to tell me whats wrong okay?” She said as Jaejoong hugged her.

“I will, soon.” He whispered.

 

They were walking to the garden.

“So, why the outdoor dinner?” Jaejoong asked.

“I wouldn’t want to tell you the reason why.” She said, as they arrived at the covered area. The meal was set, and there on the dining table was Hwang Sooyeon and their parents. Jaejoong eyes widened.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I sat down on my seat right beside Jaehee’s. Appa and Eomma were chatting with Sooyeon. Why is she here?

“Jaejoong-ah, I know you’re still coping up with…Minyoung, but your recent break up with her is not helping your image and the company’s.” Mom started, I saw Jaehee’s grip on the steak knife tightened. Discreetly, I soothed her fingers out and got the knife from her.

“Your father and I think that it would be better if the old arrangement was back.” She smiled at Sooyeon, who nodded.

“What do you mean, mom?” I asked, as I observed my younger sister, who was glaring at her plate.

“Before you announced your relationship with Minyoung, Sooyeon was your fiancé, son.” Dad said.

Her name made me flinch inside. I could only nod. Somehow, I felt numb again.

“Well, it would be better if we continue the arrangement now, since you and Miss Jung already ended your relationship.” Mother said.

Jaehee looked at me with wide eyes.

If I agree, life would be hell, but at least, in a way I wont be hurting, I think. If I say no, my parents will be disappointed in me, the company might be affected too. I would rather sacrifice myself than the company, I don’t want to disappoint my family.

“Do you agree with it Jaejoong?” Dad asked.

“Yes, abeoji.”

“Oppa, what are you thinking?!” Jaehee asked. My parents’ attention turned to her.

“Jaehee, sit down.” Mom said.

“I’m full, eomma, I’ll be going to my room.” She placed her napkin down and went to the house.

“It’s good you agreed, Jaejoong oppa.” Hwag Sooyeon smiled at me.

I just nodded in response. Hwang Sooyeon is in front of me, but all I see is Minyoung. I should learn how to accept the fact that she’s gone and I have to learn how to love Sooyeon.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I arrived home and found my sister in the library, she was reading.

“Oh, Oppa, do you want to go out?” She asked, too jolly and overexcited. Not her, I sighed inside.

“Sure, where~” I got cut off, my phone rang.

“Take that call first, I’ll just dress.” She said as she grinned as she saw the caller ID.

I nodded and picked up the phone.

“Jaehee?”

“Oh, thank god, you picked up.” She sighed.

“Is something wrong?” I asked as I stood by the window.

“That would be an understatement, Hwang Sooyeon is back…with my brother…as his fiancé.”

“Seriously? How did you know?” I asked, surprised.

“She’s here having family dinner with them.”

“Wait, with them? You’re a Kim right?” I tried to lighten up her mood.

“Our genes! If she infiltrates our family~”

“Ya, ya, I’m sure she wont, judging by your reaction.” I laughed.

“You’re wrong, my brother agreed.”

“That’s….new.” I was relieved that Minyoung wasn’t around.

“Anyway, I just wanted to tell you this, Oppa.”

“Okay, I still have to go out with Youngie, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

Your POV

 

I was enjoying dinner with my brother. We were eating in the seafood grill we used to frequent.

“Nothing changed.” He said as he looked at the photos on the wall.

“True.” I said as I swallowed rice.

“So, any more plans after this?” He asked as he placed some clams on my plate.

“Hmmmm, let’s walk around.” I said.

He nodded. The last time I walked aound the streets of Myeongdong during nighttime was with Jae. I smiled as I remembered him eating some fish cakes. He said it was his first time, then I felt something coming up again, regret and guilt. I bit my lip and looked up, to stop the tears.

“Minyoung-ah, is something wrong?” Oppa asked.

“No, oppa, the kimchi was just too spicy.” I said as I grabbed my glass.

 

My brother and I started to walk around the streets, the lights were glistening and people were buzzing around. We stopped when we arrived at Cheonggyechon stream.

“It’s your favorite place.” Yunho oppa said as he placed his arm around me.

“I know.” I said. I remembered the time when I first showed this place to Jae. I shook my head, no more, stop thinking about him, Jung Minyoung. He’s gone now.

“Minyoung-ah, will you listen to me? I have something to say.” Oppa said, I nodded.

“You should never lie to yourself, okay? And I know you’re keeping something from Oppa, I’m not forcing you to say it, but I want you to always remember that if you need me, I’ll always be here your older brother.” He said.

I didn’t say anything, but I just hugged him and silently cried. I can’t tell him about that, if I do, everything between Jaehee and him would go awkward, I cant let my brother suffer too.

 

I was having a meeting with the business partners in our hotel line; I was finding myself quite busy. Listening to the report made me relax in some way. Somehow, dealing with business felt good.

After the meeting everyone piled out of the office.

“You seem preoccupied.” Siwon oppa said as he opened the door for me.

“A bit, work’s overwhelming me lately.” I said as I checked my wristwatch, lunchtime.

“Uhm, hey, are you free for lunch? Let’s eat together.” He said with a smile.

“Uh, sure, my brother’s probably busy anyway.” I said, remembering the fact that I usually ate lunch with Jae—stop it.

 

We both walked to the elevator and went down to the lobby.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

“So,oppa, the branch it Jeju would be opening this month, I was planning, well wouldn’t it be better if we schedule a soft opening, just for the VVIP guests.” Jaehee said to her older brother. The two of them were walking inside the Jung Co. lobby, they had a meeting with the BOD because of the partnership deal.

“A soft opening? That would be good, it would be better if we have a limited number of guests, don’t exceed two hundred.” Jaejoong replied.

“Noted.” Jaehee said as she typed on her Ipad.

She was still typing when her brother stopped and blocked her with his arm.

“Oppa~~~ack, why?” She asked.

She looked up to where her brother was looking.  A wave of expressions went across the young master’s face, he shook his head and pulled his sister to the elevator.

tumblr_lq4vatWNZO1qagmgmo4_250.gif

Jaehee didn’t know what to say, what they saw made her speechless. It was her bestfriend and Choi Siwon walking out together, they were both laughing and talking.

“Oppa, it’s okay?” Jaehee asked with relutctance.

“Of course, I am.” Jaejoong replied without looking at her.

 

The meeting went on as planned, the elder Jung and Yunho was the one who negotiated with them.

“So, this Sunday it is.” President Jung said.

“Yes, it will only have a capacity of 200 VVIP guests.” Jaejoong replied.

“I’ll personally look through the invites, if you have anyone to add please tell me.” Yunho said.

“Oh, Yunho, can you add, Hwang Sooyeon, she’ll be coming with me.” Jaejoong said in his monotonous tone.

“Sure.”

Jaehee was stunned.

“Then, I’ll be going.” Jaejoong stood up and looked at his sister.

“Oppa, I have some things to finish here,you go ahead.”

“But you didn’t bring your car~”

“It’s okay, Jae, I’ll drive her there.” Yunho said, Jaejoong nodded and went out of the office.

“How have you been Uncle?” Jaehee said.

“I’ve been well, even better ever since my son here told me that you are his girlfriend.” President Jung teased.

“Really? I thought it was our secret.” Jaehee laughed along.

“I think it’s not anymore, anyway I need to catch a flight, I’ll see you two later.” President Jung exited the room.

 

“Did someone drug him?” Jaehee muttered to herself as she sat down on Yunho’s office chair.

“Ya, don’t be so negative.”Yunho said.

“I cant help it, so anything new?” Yunho asked as he leaned on the table.

“Nothing, wait, you have dealing with the Choi group?” Jaehee asked out of curiousity.

“Yeah, some car retailing I guess, I’m not clear about it, it’s under Minyoung’s hold.”

Jaehee nodded.

 

Two things surprised her today:

First, her brother was starting to accept Hwang Sooyeon, no he already did. Second, she saw Siwon and Minyoung looking like a couple.

She remembered the look on her brother’s face when he saw them, pain was there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++