Revelation

It Should Have Been Me

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

The elder Mr. Kim was inside his home office, he was done eating his breakfast and was just waiting for his flight, he was to fly with his wife to England later.

“Sir, you might want to check the newspaper.” Butler Jang came in with a pile of magazines and newspaper.

“Why?” He picked up the newspaper. His eyes almost popped out.

His yell was heard in the entire household.

 

“Get me Kim Jaejoong, right now!!

 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong was enjoying his sleep when he was shook lightly.

mylove.jpg

“Butler Jang, why?” He rubbed his eyes.

“Young master, your father seeks for you.”

He nodded and stood up, feeling a little bit drained. He went to his closet and got a black cardigan and went down. Before heading to his father’s home office, he checked his sister’s room, he was surprised to find out that she wasn’t inside, she usually wakes up late.

 

“Kim Jaejoong, what in the name……what the hell is this?!” He faced his very angry father. Jae put his straight face on.

“I told you father, I cant get engaged with her.”

“What will I tell the Hwangs huh?! You should be ashamed of yourself.”

“I’m sorry dad, I cant do this. Yes, you can make me handle the company, but this, I cant.”

“But we made the arrangements already!”

“No, I cant get married to her, I don’t love her.”

On the word love, the elder Kim tensed, he married his wife for love not for the sake of business. But still…..

“What’s done is done!!”

“This is a different matter father, this is my life, not a business deal, and I’m sorry, but I’ll handle these matters myself.” Jae gave him a slight nod and went out of the room.

 

The elder Kim nodded to himself. He knew from the ver moment his son mentioned love he was in the wrong, he should let him be and let him be with the one he loves…which was Jung Minyoung.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I went out of my father’s office with a light heart. I knew I hit a tender spot, he married mom for love not for business, I’m sure he would, no, WILL back down.

 

After eating breakfast I went back to my room, strange though, where is my sister? Did she go out early? That doesn’t sound like her. I remembered her expression when we ate lunch together, I know something’s bothering her, but she’s not telling.

 

Your POV

 

I was greeted with a flying newspaper by my father and a sweet morning greeting too.

“What is this??! When did this start!?!?”

 

Honestly, I was expecting this, no all of these.

“A few months ago, dad.”

“How did you meet? You never talked with our business investors.” He asked suspiciously.

“Do you remember Jaehee dad?”

“Oh,, yes, your friend, what is her connection to this, huh?”

“He is Jaehee’s older brother.” I pointed towards our picture on the front page.

“What are you saying~~, wait, Jaehee is Kim Jaehee of Kim Co.”

Yeah, I know, BIG NEWS.

“Yes.”

“This…guy, he’s engaged.” He seemed confused already.

“I know, but he’s willing to break it off, I mean he already did, dad.” I grabbed the remote and the television, Jaejoong texted me earlier that his company already released an article about us.

“If that’s the case….bring him here for dinner today.”

And to think I already escaped, I gulped as I nodded.

 

 

“Please listen to me, Yunho oppa!”

I told my brother the whole plan, and yes, he didn’t take it well.

He was glaring at me, he was wearing a black and pin striped suit.

29b679afa3911eef7cd92a9.jpg

“Pretend?! Are you out of your mind, Jung Minyoung?!”

“No, it’s just that I want to get rid of the dates dad tricks me in and it is to help kill those rumors about me.”

“So, Jaehee is alson in on this?” He asked, while looking at me sternly.

I nodded.

“Look, baby, I just don’t want you to get hurt, okay? I know the Kims, their good people, but you do know whats at stake when you pretend to like someone, right?” Oppa took hold of both of my hands.

I nodded, but,,,what is at stake?

 

I went back to my room and decided to contact Jaehee.

After a few missed calls she finally picked up.

“Ya, where are you? You wont pick up!”

“I’m sorry, I was…busy. Want to come over?”

“Where?”

“I’ll text you the address, I’m in a range.”

“Okay….”

Range, what range?

 

Which is exactly why I ended up wearing a cream colored mini dress with black details, I finished the look with black booties and drove my BMW Z4 to the place

56c6a91ca8cd8e86_leesiyoung_valentino_re

I arrived at the range, it was a good 20 minutes drive from Seoul, I was surrounded by greenery and…. gun shots? I looked around, there were other cars around me, until I saw a familiar white convertible. She’s here.

 

I entered the place and asked for Jaehee, I was lead by one of the manager and found my best friend, looking fierce and bad .

20090726_yoon_eun_hye_05.jpg

 

“Jaehee-yah, I’m here.” I said. She turned and smiled. She put her……machine down and went up to me.

“You shoot?”

“Just a past time, so, what’s up?”

“Don’t what’s up me, something’s bothering you, and please, tell me, I’ll try my best to help.” I took her hand.

I saw her bite her lip.

“Well, promise me you wont tell anyone, even Jae oppa.” She said.

“Of course.”

“I dated a guy before, I fell for him and you know…we broke up a long time ago, because he was being arranged…then, now, he keeps on showing up..and I don’t know what to do anymore.”

I balked.

“You dated before?”

“I’m sorry, I never got the chance to tell you.”

“That doesn’t matter now, so, he’s married now?”

She shrugged.

“Jaehee-yah, who is the guy?”

“He is the CEO of Shim Corporation.”

I million faces flashed into my head, the countless meetings, then it hit me. A tall good looking young man, about our age, friendly, Shim Co., business empire, owns a chain of malls, luxury hotels, car companies……

But I cant recall his name.

“He’s Shim Changmin.” She whispered.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++