What just happened?!

It Should Have Been Me

Jaehee’s POV

 

I needed to distress today, like really distress, that’s why I went firing. I was in the middle of of it when Minyoung called and she came over.

 

And that’s how I spilled it, everything to Minyoung.

“Shim Changmin? That tall guy?”

I nodded.

“How long did you two last?”

“….About a year or so.” I fiddled with my phone.

“I know exactly what you need.” She grinned at me.

“What is?”

“We have a new mall that just opened, let’s go.” She pulled me up.

She was pushing me all the way to her car.

“Call your house, ask your staff to get your car here.” Minyoung said.

“…Yes, master.”

This is what I like about my best friend, she never fails to bright my day up no matter how dark the day may be.

 

We ended up in Minyoung’s sports car, she was babbling while driving; I was observing the scenery outside.

“Where is this mall?”

“Somewhere in Gangnam.” She replied as we entered the city, finally.

A few minutes later we arrived in the mall, Minyoung placed her car in valet parking and we both went in.

“Where should we go first?” She asked.

I just shrugged.

“You need sugar in you.” She said as she found a big ice cream store.

 

“Give me tow chocolate sundaes, plus two servings of chocolate sauce.” She said to the waiter, who was staring at her. Typical, boys get attracted to her, always.

“Y—yes, ma’am.”

“Ya,don’t you have anything on today?” I asked her.

“Nope, just work, but I called Oppa already, he said it was fine.“

I nodded, I wonder how my brother’s doing.

“So, how’s the pretend thingy?” I asked.

“It’s doing…well, youre such a genius.”

“I know right.” I smirked, as she rolled her eyes at me. Our order arrived and we dig in.

“So, first we should totally go to Charriol, then Tiffany has new arrivals, Chanel called me last night, they have the new season, Gucci released the new bag line and…drum rolls, the new Burberry Prorsum line is out.”

Prorsum?

“Let’s go to Burberry first.” I said as we both stood up.

 

“That looks good on you, buy it.” Minyoung was hyper today, must be the sugar we just consumed.

“You always say that, but, how’s Yunho oppa doing? Did he handle the news well?” I asked as I placed my blazer back on.

“About that, right! Is your brother in his office right now?”

“Yeah, probably.” I nodded.

“Can we go there?”

“Yes, but why?”

“I need to speak with him, my dad wants to meet him.”

“Uncle wants to what?!”

“Meet him, he told me to bring him over for dinner.”

“We better go now.” I said as I gave my address to the saleslady and told her to have my purchases delivered at our home.

“Ma’am your bill will be~”

“Charge it to Jung Minyoung.” Minyoung said.

“Yes? Oh, young miss.” She recognized her.

“Minyoungie, it’s okay, I’ll pay.”

“I know you can, but it’ll take time, now let’s go.” She practically dragged me out of the store and mall.

“Why are you such in a rush?” I asked.

“It’s urgent!” She looked panicked.

“It’s just meeting him for dinner.” I said.

“But still!”

Well, this is the panicky side of her. I said as I sat back on the chair.

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I was inside my office, checking some files when my sister and “girlfriend” entered the room.

“Where were you this morning?” I asked Jaehee while standing up.

“I went firing.” Jaehee sat on one of the leather couches.

“So, what’s seems to be the matter?” I looked at Minyoung who sat on one of the chairs.

“Minyoung has something to say, I’ll be going to my office, call me if you need me.” Jaehee stood up and patted my shoulder and left.

 

“So, is something wrong?” I asked her.

“Dad heard about it, he wants to meet you.”

“Really? When?”

“Dinner at my house tonight.”

“Okay, I’ll go.”

Wait, how come he’s so cool about it? He’s not even shocked.

“I was kind of expecting this.” He said with a smile.

“Yunho oppa knows everything.”

“That’s good, you should keep your brother aware.”

It went quiet for a while.

“Let’s have lunch together, it’s good to be seen in the public, right?” He grinned as he put on his coat.

I gave him a smile and we went out.

 

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

 I didn’t go to my office, instead I went to the person I usually hang with when my brother’s busy.

I drove my car to his company.

 

I walked up in to the lobby and went to the top floor and made my way to his office.

“Is he inside?” I asked the secretary.

“Yes he is, miss, do you have a an appointment~”

I made my way to the door and found him inside; I didn’t care what he would think I just hugged him.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was talking with one of my friends when Jaehee suddenly entered the room. I looked at her, and then she suddenly went up to me and hugged me.

“Jaehee-yah, are you okay?” I hugged her back.

She just shook her head and hugged me tighter. I felt my coat getting a bit damp.

“Don’t cry, kiddo.” I said as patted her head.

“Did something happen~”

“Jaehee?” Changmin, my friend, spoke. He was sitting on one of the leather seats.

Jaehee looked at him, then her eyes widened, I still had my arms around her. She smelled nice.

“You guys know each other?”

“Yes,,,oppa, we met…at California be—fore.” Jaehee stuttered as she let go of me.

“Come here, drink some water.” I gave her a glass of water. She drank it while looking at me.

“Is something wrong?” I asked her as I sat beside her.

“No,,,I thought you weren’t busy, Oppa, I’ll go, I’ll just call you later~”

“It’s okay, I was just leaving, Yunho-ya, I’ll go ahead.” Changmin exited the room.

 

Changmin’s POV

 

I saw her enter the room and hugged Yunho. Could he be the reason why she is trying her best to ignore me? When I realized it was her hugging him I felt my heart break. I waited for her….

I shook my head as I stepped out from the building.

“It’s okay, Min, maybe they’re just friends.” I said as I got in my car.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

How could I be so blind? Stupid Jaehee!

“Sorry Oppa, I didn’t know you had a guest.”

“It’s okay, now tell me is something wrong?” He sat beside me.

“Just…it’s just some things are disturbing me.” I said as I leaned on him, which I have been doing ever since I was a teen, but now,,,, it felt different.

“I understand, I wont pry, just tell me when you’re ready to share, okay?”

I nodded. I felt his arm around me, then I don’t why and how I felt really comfortable with his warmth.

 

Your POV

 

We went out of their company building, Jaejoong was driving us to a restaurant somewhere in Myeong dong.

“What would you like to eat?” He asked while driving, he had one hand on the wheel.

“Anything would be nice, I just went out with Jaehee, so I’m pretty much hungry.” I grinned.

“You went sbopping?” He asked.

“I nodded, but…can I ask you something?”

“Sure.” He nodded.

“Is she okay? Like..really okay?”

“I don’t know, she’s been acting strange lately.” He sighed.

 

We arrived in front of a specialty mall. He parked his car and we went inside.

“Well, here’s our pretending act.” He said as he held my hand.

He has to stop giving me that smile. Please.

As we walked in, I saw people looking at us, they were murmuring.

“The crowd loves it.” Jaejoong muttered as we stepped in the restaurant.

 

“You don’t have any food allergies, right?” He asked.

“None.“

“Will steak be okay?” He asked while looking at the menu.

“Sure.”

He ordered our meal and the waiter left.

I was about to speak with him when I heard a familiar voice.

“Minyoung-ah?” I felt his hand on my shoulder.

“Siwon?”

“Siwon oppa?” I looked at him, he looked dashing as always.

“Well, it is true, you are dating Jae.” He said without emotion.

“Uhmm, yes.” I looked at Jaejoong. He had a weird look on his face.

“Well, congratulations, you’ve gone public now.” He said coldly and left.

Now, that was different.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I saw the way Minyoung looked at Siwon, she looked…happy. But Siwon once mentioned to me,,,he was interested in her. I mentally face palmed myself. Maybe they did have a thing before…I remembered the mall opening when I first saw them together.

 

After eating our meal we decided to roam around the mall.

“So, what time should I come to your home?” I asked her.

“Around 6, my parents are already home by that time.”

I nodded.

“They didn’t find it weird that we are dating?” I asked.

“No, I made some lie about us meeting a few months ago and I kinda used Jaehee’s name so they were….okay.”

“Yunho?”

“My brother didn’t take it well at first, but I made some time to explain everything to him.” She nodded to herself.

“Minyoung-ah…do you have feelings for…Siwon?” I asked her. She looked at me with wide eyes.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was sitting down one of the leather couches in my office with Jaehee. I could tell her mood got a little better. She was playing with her IPad while leaning on me.

“Your brother is coming over later for dinner.” I said.

“I know, Minyoung told me.”

“You met today?”

“Yeah, we went to Oppa’s office together. They were talking about it when I left.”

“Will you be coming later then?”

“Nope, it’s just gonna be Jae oppa. It’s his…..event to attend to.” She grinned.

“Right, how did you know Changmin?” I asked. I felt her tense a bit.

“You know,,,from uhmm,, company dealings.” She said.

“I don’t like seeing you down.” I as I got her Ipad.

“Ya, give it back, I’m loosing already!”

“Smile first.” I said.

“Youre so childish, oppa.” She said.

“I know I am.”  I pinched her nose.

“Let’s go out, I don’t like being stucked in here.” I grabbed her hand and we went out of the office. Something’s not right today, why do I keep on holding her?

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

At the Jung mansion, the kitchen was busy, they were expecting an important guest for dinner, the chefs were busy preparing and the maids were setting the table.

 

Minyoung was in her room, dressing up she was looking at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a simple outfit from Lanvin paired with black Tory Burch flats

HM-Lanvin-dress-3.jpg

She was inside the library when her phone rang.

“I’m already outside.” Jaejoong said thru the phone. She took a deep breath and went out.

 

A black Audi was parked at the Jungs’ curb; a man wearing a casual suit was standing near his car. He was speaking on the phone with someone, and what’s weird is that….he is smiling while talking on the phone.

 

Your POV

 

I went down after speaking with him on the phone. I told the butler let him and I went to the living room.

“He’s here dad, mom.” I timidly said.

Now, where the hell is my brother??? I need him right now~

I turned as Jaejoong entered the room. He looked….gorgeous.

tumblr_lrp4l6Mdov1qcxfguo1_500.jpg

“Good evening, Mr. Jung and Mrs. Jung, I’m Kim Jaejoong.” He greeted my parents with his smile.

“Oh, good evening Jaejoong, now don’t act like we’re strangers, we’ve met many times before.” Dad made him sit. He must have noticed that I was balking there, for he ushered me to sit down beside Jaejoong.

“I didn’t know you were seeing my daughter.“ Mom said.

“About that, I’m sorry, We decided to keep it at first because we wanted privacy but…some things happened and…” Jaejoong said. I saw my mom smiling at me and him.

“I forgive you for that, Jaejoong, and we give you our blessing.” Dad shook his hand. I sighed. WHEW.

“Minyoung, why don’t you show Jaejoong around while we wait for the food to be prepared.”  Mom suggested.

“Okay, eomma.” We both stood up and went out of the room.

“Well, that was a good start.” I said as we made our way out of the house and went to the garden.

“Was my acting okay?” He asked as he ed his coat. I grinned as I fixed his lapel.

“Yes, it was.” I said, then, I realized what I was doing. He was looking at me intently, I immediately let go of his coat. I could feel my face heating up.

“Really? Thanks.” He grinned as if nothing happened.

JUNG MINYOUNG, WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!

“Come on, beautiful, let’s go in, it’s too cold in here.” He said as he pulled me back to the house.

What did he say? I looked at our hands, stop it Minyoung, it’s just a PRETEND thing, control yourself.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++