Chapter 32

It Should Have Been Me

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

“I’m sorry, about that..earlier.” Khun said as we entered Seoul.

“About what?”

“Yunho.” Khun said as he popped a candy into his mouth.

“I don’t know why you have to sorry. It’s not like he’s mad at you.”

“He’s mad at you because of me.”

I looked at him incredulously.

“I’m sorry, I promise I’ll make it up to you.” Khun patted my head as we arrived at our curb.

“Okay….night.”

“’Night! Thanks for coming.” He grinned.

“That was kidnapping.”

He gave me a heart sign. I rolled my eyes and got off the car.

 

What Khunnie said made me think. He was right, I was shocked by Yunho oppa’s sudden cold behavior towards me at the beach, I swear I saw him smiling while talking on the phone.

But then, I called to him, maybe it was Sekyung? What if..she was angry because she heard a female voice?

Uh-oh. I feel awful. Guilty. Kim Jaehee, you idiot~!

 

I trudged along the stairs, I was about to skip to my room when I heard someone murmuring or speaking, or, I shrugged and peeked at my brother’s door.

He was speaking to his…pc?!

“How?!? Should I go straightforward? Or…leave hints? Or alibis?”

I looked at my brother, his face crumpled in confusion.

tumblr_lqtyeiqX5D1qbl7gyo2_250.gif

 

I decided not to “burst his bubble” and went straight to my room.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

What should I tell her~~no, how should I tell her?????

I scratched my head in defeat. I looked at my monitor screen. It was a photo of her and me from the ball. She looked dazzling, like always.

I stood up and stretched, I noticed the time, 2:30 AM?!

Is Jaehee even home yet? I walked to her room.

I knocked two times, no answer.

I just had to check if she’s safe and at home. I opened the door and found her sleeping on the couch. Why is she there?

If I move her, she would wake, so I got her fleece blanket and placed it on her. She was holding something. She was trying to call someone.

Yunnie Oppa

Is something wrong? Jaehee looks…..stressed, and why did she call Yunho for 5 times?

I brushed her hair off her face and went out.

 

Your POV

 

I was inside my office, when my secretary entered.

“You have a guest.”

I nodded.

“Quite busy.” Jaejoong entered with a smile.

“Not really, you have any business here today?”

“None, I just wanted to have coffee together, you free?”

“Sure, wait.” I grabbed my bag and stood up.

We made our way to the elevator.

 

We were on the lobby now, Jaejoong was holding my hand. He seems..distracted.

“Your car?” I asked as we got out.

“Yeahp.” He smiled and opened the door for me.

 

“I have this feeling that you got bored in your office.” I said as we both sat down.

“Kinda, well, I didn have any meetings or files to attend to, I thought it would be better if I disturb you.”

“Disturb a working person, yey.” I rolled my eyes.

tumblr_lr3xtvEzRr1qdg4buo2_250.gif

He smiled. His smile. I like the way his eyes look at me.

“Do you wanna roam around? It’s a weekend tomorrow.”

“Now?”

“Yeah, there’s this place I want to visit, will it be okay?”

“Yeah, it is. But where?”

He just grinned and stood up, he grabbed my hand and we went out of the shop.

 

A few minutes later, I find myself sitting on his car on the way to somewhere I don’t know.

“Uhm,, where are we going?”

“Somewhere. A special place, if you might add.”

“You’re hyper today. Strange.” I said as I searched for my phone.

Then I saw the sign on the road.

“Airport?” I asked.

He nodded. We entered the airport parking lot, I was surprised he had someone waiting for him, he gave the man his car keys and we entered the establishment.

“Here , you might need this.” He said as he placed a pair of sunglasses on me.

“..Thanks.” I muttered, I was stunned by his sudden closeness.

He placed his arm around me and we walked to a private lounge.

“Jae…where are we going?” I asked, he was sitting down, drinking coffee.

“Jae? I like that, hmm, Jeju.”

“Why there?”

“You’ll see.”

Aish, this whole morning, he never gave me a straight answer. I sat back.

Then a thought hit me, I didn’t see my older brother at home this morning, we didn’t eat breakfast together. Weird, he’s usually up early. I got my phone and tried calling him, no answer.

Oh well.

“Minyoung-ah? Let’s go, plane’s here.”

 

~~~~Narrator’s POV~~~~

 

Kim Jaejoong was seen at the tarmac with his girlfriend, Jung Minyoung. They boarded the Kims’ private jet.

“Up we go.” Jaejoong said as he helped Minyoung up the stairs.

Jaejoong had his face framed with his sunglasses, he was smiling as he held Minyoung’s hand, smiling secretly.

“You have a meeting at Jeju? Business thing?” Minyoung asked as she sat down.

“No, why would I take you to business meeting, no fun.” Jaejoong said.

“So, why are you taking me?”

“Can’t I hang out with my girlfriend?”

Minyoung looked at him, stunned.

“Besides, I think you’re stressed lately, a break would do good for you.” Jaejoong said as he tucked a lock of hair behind her face.

 

After an hour they finally landed at Jeju. Jaejoong and Minyoung went down as one of the airport personnel approached them.

“Sir, here are your keys.” He handed Jaejoong his car keys.

 

Your POV

“Is it okay for us to ditch work?” I didn’t exactly tell my brother where I was going.

“Yup.” He said as we walked to his car.

“Sounds good from the CEO.” I huffed.

He just laughed and opened the door.

 

“Here?” I said in surprise as he parked the car.

“You don’t like it?”

“No, its just I’ve never imagined you wanted to go here.” I smiled.

p237820-Jeju_Island-Teddy_Bear_Museum.jp

“Let’s go down, teddies are waiting.”

 

We entered the place, there were a lot families visiting, mostly young couple and children.

“This is the place where the Prince of the business world hangs out.” I teased as we walked in.

“Well, it’s…..colorful.”

“Always, the ice prince, come on, we should get those bear head bands.”

“I don’t think it’s such a good~”

“Please? For me?” I asked.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I looked at her as she gave me a smile. I felt my heart start beating faster.

“..okay, as long as you stop looking at me with aegyo eyes.” I managed to reply. She grinned anf walked to the stall.

Now, how do I ask her out? I can’t just go and say it, right? I mean it would be too blunt.

Well, at least she’s enjoying right now. I looked at her as she helped a kid who tripped.

“Are you okay?” She asked.

“Yes, I’m okay.” The kid replied.

“Then, be careful next time, okay?” She said as she patted the child’s head.

She looked up to me and smiled. She had two bear headbands in her hands.

“Here!” She handed me one.

“Do I have to wear it?” I asked reluctantly. She grinned.

“No, let’s just…keep it, as a remembrance.”

I nodded. Then an idea came to me.

“Do you know how to ride a bike?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Let’s go.” I took her hand and led her out.

 

Your POV

 

“Biking?” I asked as we went to a park just behind the museum.

“Yeah, do you want the red one or the balck one?” He asked, referring to the bikes.

“Red.”

“Good choice.” He said as he helped me sit.

“Race to the other gate?” I asked.

“Game on.” He replied.

I observed him as I pedaled. Its rare that I get to see him smile without restraint, he looks so relaxed and happy when he’s just being himself, I like it. I like seeing him smile, and seeing him happy.

tumblr_lqvn61X0dt1qfhv0yo1_500.jpg

 

After a while, we finally sat down on the bench. I got pretty tired with all the pedaling.

“So, what are you up to this weekend?” He asked as I leaned on the bench.

“Me? Uhmm, there’s something I want to ask you.” He sat up and looked at me straightly.

“What?”

“Well,, this…Saturday, I  mean tomorrow,..will you..go out with-”

My phone rang.

“I’m just gonna get this.” I said as I got my phone.

He looked at me.

“Hello?” I answered.

“How are you doing?”

“Siwon oppa?”

I felt Jae’s gaze on my face. I looked at him. He just nodded and gestured me to continue to the call.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

2 seconds too late, damn. Why would Choi Siwon call her at this time?!

Why would he call MY girl friend

I left Minyoung on the bench and decided to stand by the fountain, she was smiling while talking to him.

I should have said it straight. I looked at her as she laughed. Do I feel jealous?

Should I be?

Then my phone beeped.

Can I talk to you? –Khun

Not now, out of town, why?, I replied.

I have something, anyway, see you at the party. –Khun

What party? , I asked.

Remember Wooyoung? My pal, it’s his birthday this Sunday, Club Z, I guess Jaehee didn’t tell you yet –Khun

Okay, I’ll be there. , I replied.

Bring Minyoung too. –Khun

I looked up at Minyoung, she was walking towards me.

“It was Siwon, he invited me to this party.”

I raised my brows.

“It’s his uncle’s birthday this Sunday, dinner.”

“Are you coming?”

“Will you go with me?” She asked.

“I cant, It’s Wooyoung’s birthday and he just~”

“Ah right, my cousin’s birthday.”

I nodded. I didn’t know what to say. Should I say she just ditch Siwon? I laughed darkly, inwardly.

“You should go, Wooyoung’s a cousin. Blood ties.” I shrugged.

Please don’t go to Siwon’s party-

“But I already promised Siwon oppa….maybe I should just go in late, if I remember it was a club party. Late is good for that.”

“….That would be great.”

“So, what was it that you wanted to tell me?” She asked.

I gulped.

“Ah, nothing, I’ll just go get us some drinks.” I said as I turned away from her and walked to a vending machine.

Choi Siwon=wrong timing.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

teaser:

 

“You took her to Jeju just because you wanted to ask her on a date?!?”

 

“You are amazing, older brother.”

 

“Lets make him jealous.”

 

“Help me, sweet pea, please?”