Chapater 39

It Should Have Been Me

 

 

Jaehee’s POV

Hmmmm, something to distract myself with, I thought as I walked around our gardens the maids were off preparing, there was a huge white tent in the middle of the garden, there were tables, chairs and flowers.

“Young Miss, you have a guest.” Butler Jang called me.

“Who is it?” I asked as I checked my to-do list.

“It’s me, and I’m here to tell you, that tomorrow, which is a Friday, is the photo exhibition.” Khun was behind me, grinning.

Right, three days ago we went to this photoshoot, Minyoung was with me, and it was so awkward. But the photographer was kind enough not to laugh at our clumsiness.

“Do I have to go too?  Already have my face there, too embarrassing.”

“You have to, no excuses, you will two will be my guest of honor.” He placed an invitation in my pocket.

“Anyway, I just wanted to hand that to you, I’ll be heading to work now.”

“You? Work? You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“Meanie.” He said as he waved goodbye.

I grinned as I continued to look at the preparations. A few minutes later our family chef brought me to taste the food he was preparing.

After the taste testing I went to our indoor pool. I needed to swim.

I was about to walk to the pool when my Blackberry pinged.

Will you be going to exhibition? –Minyoungie

No choice, you? XD – Jaehee

I’ll go, im curious about the photo. Arent you? –Minyoungie

Not really, don’t worry, I’ll go, see you tomorrow. –Jaehee

See ya, I love you bestfriend. :** -Minyoungie

Love you too. :DD –Jaehee

 

I smiled as I thought of my pal, I wonder if Oppa’s going too confess soon, Minyoung came over yesterday to have coffee together, and she did mention Siwon more than once, they’ve been attending conferences together. Somehow, I feel something’s off, no more trouble for Sooyeon, good but weird.

 

 

Your POV

 

I haven’t been talking to my older brother for like,, three days(?) He was avoiding me. And I don’t know why.

I was going down the stairs when I heard someone enter.

“Young miss, miss Shin is here.” Butler Lee said.

“Tell her no one’s home.”

“The young master is already downstairs.”

Crap! I rushed down the stairs and went to our receiving room.

“Oppa?” I said as I entered, they were talking.

“M-minyoung-ah, why?”

Come on, how do I distract them? How????

“Oppa, I have this event to go to today, can you come with me?” I asked sweetly.

“But we have a guest, I cant~“

“I’m sure she would understand right?” I eyed Sekyung.

“Uhmm, sure, I wont mind, I still have an appointment anyway.” Sekyung stood up and left the room.

“What event?” Oppa asked.

Wow, he didn’t even care about Sekyung leaving, GOOD SIGN.

“This photo exhibition thing, and I would really love it if you would come with me.”

“Is Jaejoong busy?”

“Yeah, he is.” I think, I thought to myself.

“Come on, Oppa, sibling bonding time.” I sat beside him.

“Fine, what time is it?”

“Now, like, in thirty minutes.”

“Aigoo, okay, I’ll just change.” He ruffled my hair and went up to his room.

 

Yunho oppa drove us to Gangnam Convention Center, where the exhibition was being held. We hopped down the car, we were greetd by reporters as we went in.

“Miss Jung, how is your relationship with Mr.Kim?.....Will he be coming today?......Mr. Jung how is the new project on going?”

We entered the lobby and we made our way to the photo exhibition.

“This is it?” Yunho oppa asked as we entered the hall, there were different pictures hung on the wall, there were paintings and photographs. I felt suddenly nervous thinking about mine.

 

Yunho’s POV

My sister was talking with some of her acquaintances, I decided to look around the hall, I saw her portrait hung on one of the huge white walls, beautiful like always. I was checking out some of the paintings when one portrait caught my eye.

tumblr_lmqom9HDDd1qgmbtm.jpg

It’s her. I know I did something wrong, and I should tell her the truth already. Minyoung is right, I am lying to myself. Sekyung…is nothing to me now.

“Dude, if I were you, tell her, like right away.” Khuh clapped my shoulder once and left.

I turned to the door and saw Jaehee enter with her brother. I smiled at them but she looked away.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

Jaehee asked me to come to the event with her, and I couldn’t say no. So here I  was being dragged by mys sister in a photo exhibition.

“Oppa, it’s Minyoung, pretty huh?” She was pointing to a portrait.

lee-si-young-esquire-01.jpg?w=550&h=689

No, she didn’t looked pretty, she looked beautiful. I felt myself smile as I looked at her picture.

“Time. AHEAD.Okay?” Jaehee patted my shoulder.

“Okay, so pushy.” I pinched her nose.

“Jaehee!” Miyoung hugged her.

“I missed you too, ya, you should come tomorrow okay?”

“How could I forget about that? You’d kill me if I wont go.” Minyoung teased.

“Good thing you know, I love your picture.” Jaehee said.

“Have you seen yours yet?” She asked.

“Nope, but, I need to go to the wash room, you two talk.” My sister winked at me, then she left.

“Ya, don’t look at it, it’s embarrassing.” Minyoung said.

“Why are you embarrassed? You look beautiful.”

I saw her blush and look away.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

A young lady was looking at the Jung heiress and Kim Jaejoong as they interacted, anger seeped into her.

“I’ll find a way to break you two up, I swear.” She said to herself.

“No one can ignore me, no one. I cant just go down like this.” She smirked as she got in the exhibition.

 

Meanwhile, the Jung siblings were talking while looking around.

“It seems so real, you know.” Yunho said in a teasing tone.

“What?” Minyoung asked, she was distracted.

“You and Jaejoong.” Yunho held her hand and they walked around.

“Says the one who is lying to himself.”

“About that, I’m sorry, Youngie, I…don’t know how or what…to say.”

“There are no rules in that part oppa, I know you love her, just..say it.”

Yunho nodded and patted her hand.

“Says the one who’s in a fake relationship with her brother.” He teased.

“YA~!” They laughed, as they walked.

But they didn’t know, that someone heard them. HER.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++