Chapter 35

It Should Have Been Me

 

Your POV

 

I have a dinner party and a club party to attend to and I am still not yet dressed. I was sitting on my lounge chair inside my walk in closet. I don’t know, but it’s…i feel confused. Last night, Jaejoong…why did I show him my favorite place? I instinctively placed my finger on top of the necklace ha gave me. Why a heart of all pendants shapes? Why do I feel so nervous when I’m around him? Right now, I am even worried what he will think if I attend Siwon’s oppa’s party. Why do I feel confused? Last night, he asked me out, I don’t know what to make of it, but it felt nice, spending time with him.

I checked the time on my phone. Crap. I have forty minutes to complete an outfit. I stood up from my seat and looked for clothes.

I took a silver dress from Versace and black Louboutins.

Innocent%20Korean%20actress%20Lee%20Si%2

I curled my hair a few times and set out.

“You’ll be going?” Yunho oppa was in the 2nd floor living room, reading.

“Yeah, I’ll see you later.”

“I should see you.” He warned.

“Don’t worry, I’m not bailing on Wooyoung oppa—oh, by the way, did you hear anything from Jaehee? She’s been MIA.” I asked as I walked to the stairs. I saw my brother’s back stiffen.

“No. I haven’t seen her.”

“Well, okay, I’ll see you later.”

“Be careful on the road.”

“Okies!” I hollered as I went down.

 

I drove to the Shilla, where the party was being held. I entered the lobby and asked the front desk about the party.

“It’s on the 12th floor ma’am.”

I nodded and went up. There’s this feeling inside of me right now, and I’m not sure but, I think its regret. I mean, I regret that I had promised to go here.

I shook my head and squared my shoulders as the elevator stopped and the doors opened.

 

“You came.” Siwon oppa greeted me as I enetered the hall.

tumblr_ln2xadSlu21qcgtawo1_500.jpg

 He introduced me to his uncle who was celebrating his birthday. I felt people looking at me as we passed.

“Uhmm, Siwon oppa, I’m afraid I cant stay long, it’s my cousin’s birthday and he’ll kill me if I bail.”

“I totally understand, but at least, stay for dinner.”

I nodded, not comforted by the fact that I still had to eat here. Yunho oppa was right, I should have thought about going here. I could feel stares at my back. I blew my bangs up.

I was about to walk to my seat when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Minyoung-ah, are you enjoying yourself?” It was Siwon oppa.

“Yeah, I am.” I said as we walked towards the table.

“Does Jae know you’re here?” He asked casually, too blasé.

“Yeah, he knows, we’ll be seeing each other later at the party.”

I saw him clench his jaw, okay STRANGE. He cant be a werewolf right?~Yah, Jung Minyoung, what are you thinking?!

Everyone was eating, I was pretending to concentrate on my plate, I didn’t really feel like talking, I don’t know but, I felt really worried.

“Uhmm, Siwon oppa, I need to go, Wooyoung’s been calling me non stop.” I said.

“Really? That’s too bad, then I’ll walk you to the lobby.” He placed one hand on my shoulder. I pulled away, discreetly.

“It’s okay oppa, I can go on my own, then bye.” I brisk walked to the door and rode the elevator down.

As soon as I got into my car I took a deep breath. All throughout the party I was worrying about Jaejoong. What is wrong with me?!

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

A red convertible Ferrari parked in front of Club Z, one of the hottest clubs in town. A man in a dark purple suit descended from the car, every girl present at the place turned to him.

tumblr_lqng15oz8j1qc0jo6o2_500.png

 

He entered the club with ease, he didn’t notice that girls were practically gawking at him, he was only looking for one girl, the Jung heiress to be exact.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I entered the Club and I was welcomed by Khun and Jang Wooyoung.

“Thanks for coming, Jae, Jaehee’s not with you?” Wooyoung asked after I greeted him.

“No, she’s still at home, but she’ll come.”

“And Minyoung?” Khun smirked. I rolled my eyes.

“Ya, she has to come, she’s my cousin.” Wooyoung said as he guided us to a booth.

“Of course.” Khun said as we sat down.

“Is Yunho here already?” I asked.

“Yeah, I think he’s over at the bar.” Wooyoung pointed. I looked at him. He was drinking.

“Weird, he doesn’t drink that much.”  Wooyoung commented. I was about to stand to order some drinks when Minyoung entered. I waved at her. She smiled.

“Hey, you’re late.” Wooyoung said as she gave him a hug.

“I know, I’m sorry, I had to~”

“No worries, your best friend’s more late.” Wooyoung said.

 

“So, how was the party?” I asked, we were sitting in a private booth. From here, I could see Wooyoung and his pals dancing and …partying.

“It was fine.” She looked disturbed.

“Something wrong?” I scooted next to her.

“You’re not mad that I went to that party, right?”

I nodded. “No, Siwon’s a friend.”

“I know that, but, being there, it didn’t feel right.”

“I thought you had a thing for him, before.” Even I didn’t fail to notice the edge in my voice.

“Nope.” She said as she sipped from her glass.

“Minyoung-ah, I-”

I was cut off when I noticed Khun’s sudden change of behavior. He was glaring at something-someone, then he walked out of the dance floor, he sat on their booth, where Junho was drinking Black Label, he grabbed the bottle from him and took a big swig.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was observing the people on the floor. They were all having a good time, Minyoung an Jaejoong were both talking in a corner. I was looking for her. I admit, I…miss her. I was about to order another round when I notice her come in.

004dqj.jpg

She walked to Jae and Minyoung and greeted them. I forced myself to look away.

“Ya, are you okay? You’re drinking like there’s no tomorrow.” Wooyoung sat beside me.

“I’m okay.”

Not.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

I sat beside Minyoung and chatted with her. It’s been 4 days since I last talked to her. I was about to order some fruit when oppa pointed somewhere.

“Look at Khun.” He said.

Khun was sitting down, he looked…..depressed, no, bothered.

“He looks….down.” Minyoung said.

“I’ll check on him.” I stood up and walked across the bar.

I sat beside him and got the bottle from his hands.

“Khunnie, what’s wrong?” I asked him as he scooted over to make room.

“She’s here, she’s back.” He said.

“Who? She?....No way, her?” I said.

“Over there.” He looked at the dance floor.

I saw Kim Jihyun, Khun’s first love, who left wordlessly, she was making out with a guy in the middle of the dance floor.

“Oh my gosh.” I stuttered.

“It’s unbelievable, huh?”

I could only nod. Then I noticed Yunho oppa drinking alone on the bar. I’d rather not approach him, he’s mad.

tumblr_lt7hybgmQh1qi2j4po1_500.jpg

I saw Khun look over at him, he shrugged.

“Hee, will you help me?” He looked so down.

“Okay, but if it’s a federal crime-”

“It’s not…. I want Jihyun to also taste the pain I felt when she left.” His eyes were moist.

“….Okay, I will, wait here, don’t move.”

Okay, Jihyun is really annoying. I mean, she left Khun wordlessly before, no clues, no anything, and now she comes back with a new boy toy??! I’m not gonna let this pass, Khun is my friend.

I decided to go out of the club and went to the store across the street.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

Khun was seen sitting alone, till Taecyeon sat beside him.

“Dude, I saw her~”

“I know, enough of that, I need to make it up to Hee.” He said, eyeing Yunho was talking with his sister and Jae.

“Let’s make him jealous.” Khun said.

Taecyeon looked at him oddly and shook his head.

 

Kim Jaehee entered the club again, wearing one of the most, probably, revealing dresses she ever wore. Yes, it was kinda of showy, but it looked somehow, elegant on her. Everyone tunred to look at her as she entered. Jaejoong raised both of his brows in disapproval.

ilhbva.jpg

“It’s making Yunho ‘fess up time.” Khun muttered to himself as he made his way to his friend.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++