Chapter 59

It Should Have Been Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Kim Jaehee was inside a wide confernce hall, there was a long table in which where the directors and CEOs of other companies were seated. She was listening to the director of a Japanese company when her phone beeped.

When are you coming back? – Sec. Lee

She read the message again, strange, why would her brother’s secretary text her.

Tomorrow morning, why? Is something the matter? – Jaehee

Nothing’s wrong, chief, I’ll just contact you later. – Sec. Lee

She blinked twice and leaned on her elbows. She thought something big must have happened.

After the conference, she walked out of the building. She was stretching her neck while going down the stairs.

Then her phone rang.

SEUNGHYUN

“Oh, Seunghyunnie!” She chirped.

“Where are you right now?” He asked curtly. Then just as she was about to answer two black vans stopped in front of her.

 

Your POV

 

I was back at home, Jaejoong was with me at our living room, fussing around. Constantly asking if I was feeling uncomfortable anywhere.

“Seriously, I’m okay.” I said as I attempted to pull him down and sit on the couch with me.

“You sure?” He asked.

“Not really.” I grinned as I rolled my legs under me and grabbed the remote. He sat back beside me. He wasn’t wearing his typical cold look today, he was wearing a blue button down shirt, which he rolled up the sleeves and black slacks.

“Any way to make you feel comfortable?” He asked as he looked into my eyes. I smiled. I didn’t give him a reply; instead I leaned on him and snuggled to his chest. I felt his arms automatically wrap around me.

“This.” I replied without looking up. I heard him chuckle softly; I felt his lips on my forehead. For a few moments we didn’t speak. It was just me and him I in our own little world. He was running his fingers through my hair.

“I’m sorry, Youngie.” He spoke quietly. I looked up at him.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“Because of me you got hurt, because of me Sooyeonn~”

I silenced him with my finger. I shook my head.

“There you go again, blaming yourself, it’s not your fault.” I tried to soothe him. He shook his head. So stubborn.

“It is my~”

“Kim Jaejoong, look at me, I’m okay. She didn’t hurt me that bad that I cant walk anymore.” I placed both of my hands on his cheeks. He wasn’t looking at me.

I felt his slender fingers trace the bandage on my arm.

“This……scar…it’s because of me, you got this because of me~”

“No, It’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself. I can just have this erased.” I said while hugging him. I knew he was just worried.

“But~”

“I don’t care about the scar Jae, I just need you, that’s final.”  I said firmly. I felt his arms around my waist.

“I love you, so much.” He whispered.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

After eating lunch with Minyoung, we decided to go out. Well, she wanted to go out so much.

“So where are we off to?” I asked as I opened the door for her. She stopped walking.

“Let’s visit Hee!” She said.

“We cant, she’s in Jeju, business trip.” I pinched her nose.

“Namsan Tower?” She asked.

“As you wish.” I madder her go in the car.

 

We entered the building, after buying our tickets, we rode the elevator up.

“This place, Hee and I have so many memories in it.” She said.

“Before she left, I spent my birthday here, me, her and Yunho oppa.”

“You didn’t invite me!” I accused her playfully.

She rolled her eyes at me.

“I would have if I knew you existed.” She grinned. I took her hand.

“Well, I didn’t know I was non existent.” I shrugged playfully.

“What were your first impressions of me?” She asked. I smiled as I recalled how we first met.

“Remember when we first met?”

“Yeah, the elevator.“ She nodded. We were both standing by the huge glass window.

“Yeah, the reason why I helped you was because I didn’t like the way the guy looked at you.” I replied. I heard her laugh.

“That was a blind date.” She said while laughing. I raised both of my brows. She smiled at me.

“That wasn’t our first meeting, the elevator scene.” I replied as I ushered her to walk. She tilted her head.

“It was when you tripped and food spilled on you, at a restaurant.” I said.

“Right! Arrogant Armani!” She laughed again.

“Ya, what?! Annoying Ahjumma!” I teased. She just shook her head and wrapped her arm around mine.

“We met at a very…..unconventional circumstance.” She nodded as we looked at the huge flat screen tvs in front of us.

“Yes very, but I’m happy, I met you.” I said as I wrapped my arm around her waist.

 

We were both making our way down when my cellphone beeped. The office needed me.

“Is something wrong?” Minyoung asked as we got in the car.

“It’s the office, but it’s okay, I’ll get back to them later~”

“Let’s just go there, it’s still early anyway.” She said. I nodded.

 

We got in the company lobby, employees greeted us as we made our way to the elevator.

“What could be the matter?” I wondered aloud.

“Maybe just some paperwork.” She said as the elevator stopped. We made our way to the secretarial office. I saw Sec. Lee and the other employees looking scared out of their wits.

“Did something happen?” I asked in alarm.

“Vice president, a man came in he asked for you……….he was carrying a gun with him…..he looked so scary.” Sec. Lee said. I placed Minyoung behind me. A man with a gun?!

“Seunghyun?” I heard her voice.

I saw my cousin appear behind a pillar. Sec. Lee stepped back in fear.

“Is this him?” I asked. They nodded.

“It’s okay, he’s my younger cousin, and you may go back to your desks.” I said as I lead Youngie and Seunghyun to my office.

 

Seunghyun looked so stressed. He sat down on one of the chairs. He was pinching the bridge of his nose. Minyoung looked worried for him.

“Seunghyun-ah, I have nothing against you visiting me at work, but bringing a gun with you and scaring my staff, I don’t~”

He looked up at me.

“Hyung,…I’m sorry.” He said.

Minyoung and I looked at him in confusion.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TOP, wae so scary? hahahahaaa

i have a question, WHERE IS JAEHEE?