Chapter 53

It Should Have Been Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Your POV

 

We arrived at the Kims’ curb just as a black Aston Martin stopped in front of us, Jae and Hee descended from the car.

“Hey!” Jaehee waved at us. Jaejoong smiled at me. Jaehee pulled me into the house.

“You guys went out?” Yunho oppa asked as we sat in their gazebo.

“Yes, Jaehee had her check up.” Jaejoong said as the maids served some snacks.

“How’d it go?” I asked as I nibbled on my sandwich.

“Doc said that I need to be careful for the next few months and if possible, I shouldn’t carry heavy things.” She nodded as if making a list in her mind.

“So, when you go shopping,bring a cart with you.” Jaejoong teased as she sat beside Yunho oppa.

“No, I have to bring someone to carry my bags.” Hee stuck her tongue at her brother. We laughed.

“Do you guys always bicker that much?” I asked.

“Yeah, back then, when my brother was an ice glacier, I mean, ice prince, we used to do that like…always. But there’s a difference now.” Jaehee smiled knowingly.

“Ya, when was I an ice prince?” Jaejoong looked annoyed. I rolled my eyes at him

“Are you guys free tonight?” I asked as Jaejoong sat beside me. He handed me a drink.

“Yes. Why?” Jaejoong asked. Jaehee nodded.

“Do you guys want to go out, like….clubbing?” I said.

“Clubbing? Been a long time since I did that.” Hee muttered.

“I’m okay with it.” Jaejoong nodded.

“I’m sorry, I’m grounded.” Hee pointed at Jae. He laughed.

“With that little kidnapped stint of yours, of course you are.”

“Oppa~~~” She whined. Yunho oppa laughed and rubbed her hair.

“Arasso,arasso, don’t use the aegyo voice with me.”

Jaehee smiled cheekily.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

We were all having a good time; Minyoung and Yunho were at our home. I could see that my sister is really happy with him.

“I prepared a little something.” Jaehee suddenly stood up, she looked at her wristwatch once.

We all turned to her.

“Hmmm, I know I made you three suffer the past few weeks and~”

“Good thing you know.” Minyoung said darkly, Hee just smiled sweetly.

“I have a little something for all of you.” She put her hands together, I saw the butler Jang and some maids enter with…barbeque.

“We’re having barbeuqe today, oh, the grill’s here.” She smiled.

“Then….who’s going to cook?” Yunho asked.

“Oppa………” Jaehee smiled at me.

“I know, I will.”

“That’s great! Oppa, you’re the best!”

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Jae and Yunho were busy at the grill, they were flipping the meat and placing the sauce on top, while Minyoung and Jaehee were sitting by the table.

“Hee, I have something tell you.”

“What?” Jaehee crossed her legs.

“Actually…..i’ve been having this gut feeling…remember about Sooyeon?”

“Her again?” Jaehee sighed.

“No, I don’t know, but…I have a bad feeling…it’s like….something’s gonna happen.”

“She wont touch you, I don’t think she’s that bold.”

They both decided to let the subject drop.

 

“So, we’re heading out now?” Minyoung asked as Jaehee placed her Burberry coat around her.

“Yeah, whih club are we going to anyway?” She asked, Yunho was sitting down, he was typing something on his Ipad.

“Eden.” Minyoung said. Jaejoong went down with keys in his hand.

“Oppa, ride with Youngie, I’ll go with Yunho oppa.” Jaehee said as she pulled Yunho up.

“Then, we’ll see you in a few.”

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

We arrived at the club, I saw my brother and Minyoung by the bar, and they were talking. I smiled to myself.

“Hello there, hottie.” I felt an arm around my waist. I faced the person.

“Wanna spend some time with me tonight? Drinks’ on me.” I could smell alcohol from him.

“Uh, no.” I tried pulling away. But, his grip around me got tighter.

Before I could react he was pushed to the floor.

“Get your filthy hands off her.” Yunho oppa as standing in front of me.

“Oppa, relax, let’s go sit.” I pulled his arm. I felt his arm wrap tightly around my waist.

“Why do they always want you?” He muttered.

“I don’t know, I don’t really care, I have someone already.” I shrugged playfully.

“I like it when you wear jeans.” He said. I was wearing an aquamarine mini dress and black stilettos.

“Is this you being conservative? Or being over protective?” I grinned as I ordered some sliced fruit.

“I just don’t like the way~”

“Oppa, relax.” I gripped his shoulder once.

He smiled and kissed my cheek.

 

Your POV

 

Jaejoong was beside me, he was observing the crowd.

“Is something bothering you?” I felt his hand on my arm.

I shook my head.

“No. I was just wondering…..”

“About?” He pouted as he placed his chin on my shoulder.

“That has become a habit.” I said as I kissed his hair.

“I like it.” He smiled ruefully.

“What were you wondering about?” He asked again.

“Well, my parents know we broke up, but now, we’re kinda back together.”

“Kinda?” He looked at me.

“We are back together, like you know, the real relationship, not the fake one, but they don’t know.”

“That’s easy, we tell them that we just got back together.” He shrugged.

“That sounds easy.” I said as I thought of Hwang Sooyeon, I shivered.

“Are you cold?” He asked.

“No, but can I do one thing?” I whispered. He nodded. I hugged his waist. He laughed.

“You asked for permission just to do that?”

“Well, yeah.” He laughed more and hugged me back.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

“Someone’s calling.” He said, I felt his hand get my phone in my pocket.

“I’ll answer it outside.” I got the phone from him. He also stood up.

“It’s okay, I’ll be back in a few.” I said as I pushed him back.

“But~”

“It’s okay, i’ll be back soon.” I grinned as I stepped out of the club.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Jung Minyoung was talking to her phone outside the club. Unbeknownst to her, a black van was parked near her. Two burly men in black stepped down from the car.

“Ah, really?....then, I’ll tell~” The phone was grabbed from her, the man threw it to the ground. Then with his accomplice they covered and carried her to the van.

She was threw to the car’s floor.

“Where are you taking me?!” She yelled, one man slapped her.

“Let me go now~” A gun was pointed at her head. She closed .

“Make noise, and I’ll shoot you, missy.” The man leaned over her ear maliciously. She cringed away.

Then one of the men’s phones rang.

“Hello? Young miss? Yes…we have her. She’s here..yes, we’re on our way.”

With that, he hit the Jung heiress hard, she collapsed on the floor.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++