Chapter 29

It Should Have Been Me

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

We went home late last night, it’s been a while since I last hung out with Khun. I woke up pretty late. I went down from my room wearing my terry shorts and tank top when something hit me, or someone. And that someone was carrying grocery bags….?

“Morning, dear.” Oppa said as he helps me keep my balance.

“You’re up early, and went grocery shopping?” I asked, confused.

“Yes, I wont be able to eat with you.” He smiled apologetically.

“Why? I thought you’re going to cook?” I scratched my head groggily.

I saw his uneasy smile.

Oh.  I grinned.

“Okay, okay, you may go.” I said as I waved my hand.

He grinned as he rubbed my hair and left.

When was the last time his grocery shopped for someone? I cant believe my brother’s going to cook for someone outside the family.

I hear wedding bells.

 

Since I didn’t want to eat breakfast alone, I took a shower and changed.

“Where should I grab food?” I muttered aloud when my phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered without cheking the caller ID.

“Jaehee? It’s me.”

Oh.

“Yunho oppa, why?”

“I was just wondering, did you eat breakfast already?”

“No, not yet, I was just planning to go out~”

“Don’t I’ll pick you up. Will that be okay?”

“Sure.” I tried to reply nonchalantly, why? I got a bit nervous.

“Great, see you in ten.”

I placed the phone down and grabbed my coat.

 

Your POV

 

I was waked up by one of the maids.

“Young miss, you have a guest.”

I nodded as I sast up from my bed. I stretched my arms leisurely.

“Uhm, young miss, it’s Mr. Kim.”

I immediately dashed to the bathroom. After washing my face and fixing my hair, I changed into a pair of shorts and a grey shirt.

I brushed my teeth and went down.

 

I found Jaejoong in our living room with plastic bags with him.

“Good morning.” He said.

“Hey, so, what’s with the early call?” I asked as we sat down. He was wearing a pair of tapered denim jeans, black shirt and gray cardigan.

“I’m here to prove something.” He said while patting one of the bags beside him.

“What?”

He smiled.

“Would you mind if took over the kitchen for a while, Butler Lee?” He asked our family butler.

“…..I think that would be okay, young master, if you want I can show you the way now.”

“That would be great.” He said as he took the bags and made me stand.

“What are you thinking?” I asked as he dragged me to the kitchen.

“Just watch.” He winked.

 

I watched him in awe. This guy can cook. I mean he was just so…perfect. He has the looks, he’s successful. I never expected that he could be a CEO in the kitchen too. I observed him while I sat on the counter top.

“Do you need any help?” I asked, I felt kinda useless actually.

“Uhmm, come here.” He said. I went down and walked to him.

“Can you chop this for me?” He asked as he gave me perfectly peeled potatoes.

“Sure.” I got the knife from him and began doing my job.

“So you believe me now?” He asked.

I nodded while smiling at me.

“Wait.” He said as he brushed off some bangs from my face. I felt myself redden as his fingertips tounched my cheeks.

“There, much better.”

“But, what are we making?”

“Secret.” He grinned as he kissed my cheek.

It took me a few seconds to react that after he kissed me he placed flour on my other cheek with his fingers.

“Ya, Kim Jaejoong~~!”

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

What did just happen? Why did I do that? I shook my head as I pretend that nothing happen. I was afraid that Minyoung would get mad, but she didn’t. Whew.

I looked at her as she sliced the potatoes; she had such delicate and pretty fingers.

“I’m done.” She pushed over the bowl to me.

“Now, I want you to go sit there and be a good girl, while I finish this off.”

“I’m not a kid.” She muttered. I laughed and made her sit.

Somehow, after spending time with her, I realized that, I could be myself when I’m with her. She makes me relaxed.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

Yunho oppa was driving us to the city. He had his sunglasses on and he looked….uncomfortable.

“So, you and Yoochun, huh?”

I looked at him, what is he saying about Chunni oppa?

“I guess, we can’t hang out that much now.”

Wha~~~t?

“Is he your first boyfriend, Jaehee?”

Now everything became clear. It sounded so ridiculous that I burst into laughter.

He looked at me weirdly.

“Oppa, no~~ it’s not like that. Chunnie oppa’s my cousin. C-O-U-S-I-N.” I grinned. I saw him sigh and smile.

“Cousin? Park Yoochun?” He looked somehow, relaxed.

I nodded.

“My mom and his mom are sisters.” I shrugged as I punched him in the arm.

“You’re such a speculator, you didn’t even ask me first.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yah, it’s because you two acted so close!”

“Well, we’re cousins, what do you expect.”

He nodded thoughtfully and continued to drive.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

Whew, like WHEW. I mean, well, imagine if the person you think you have feelings for already has someone, wouldn’t you be worried? I felt myself sigh in relief as we pulled over the café. I mean, yes, I was worried that her and Chun had SOMETHING, well they do, and they have a connection, DNA connection. I shook my head as I opened the door for her.

“You know what, you’re weird.” Jaehee said as we got in, she was holding my arm.

“I know, that’s why you’re stuck with me.” I said as we both sat down.

“So, did you enjoy the party?”

“The ball? Yeah, pretty much, you?” Not really, Hee, I thought you had a boyfriend that time.

“Yes, Sekyung-ssi’s really beautiful.”

I nodded absentmindedly; I never really was comfortable talking about her.

“Oh, right, Jaejoong is in our house.”

“I know, he told me.” She said with a knowing smile.

“I think their fake dating thing may result to new thing.”

She smiled and shrugged.

“Jaehee-yah, I…are you free this~”

“Kim Jaehee?” A tall man with dark brown hair approached us.

“Khun? We meet again!” She hugged the guy.

“I told you we’re about to hang out sometime. Who are you with?”

“Uhmm, Yunho oppa this is Ho Nichkhun, we met during my stay at Califronia, Khun this Jung Yunho, he’s my best friend’s older brother.”

I didn’t fail to notice that the two of them had their arms around each other.

“Nice to meet you, Minyoung’s older brother.”

I shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you.”

I wonder who this guy is, I mean, Jaehee looks so causal with him.