Chapter 9

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Enchanting Prince #4

 

“Stop giving me that look.” Hyojin said. “Yah! You stole my things and now you dare to command me around? Tch. I’ll ask you one more time. Where’s my wallet and bracelet?” I asked her, pissed off by her attitude. “Somewhere? I don’t know. It’s sold already.” She replied without any guilty feeling. “But let me ask this question. Why did you hide yourself from the media and family? How did you manage to work this out? Why did you need to be a pickpocket?” Jongin interrogated her. “None of your business.” She replied shortly.

 

“Screw you, Chanyeol.” She cussed. “I think we should tell the Jung about her.” Jongin teased. “No!! Please. I beg you. I’ll…I’ll do anything. Just don’t tell them I’m still alive.” She begged immediately. She’s hiding something. Judge from her previous attitude and how she became panic in sudden, she’s the type of person who has high ego, ignorant and can’t easily beg to people yet now she’s begging on people. I know that type of people. High ego and prestige.

 

“Fine, but you must stay here. In return of my wallet and Burberry coat. You may not go anywhere, only stay in this house. Or I’ll report to the media.” I stated my conditions. “What? But... how...No...” “Take it or leave it.” I cut her off. “Fine.” She agreed sulkily. “It’s all settled now. I’m leaving. Are you coming with me?” Chanyeol said and looked at Jongin for the latter respond. “Sure. Don’t do anything naughty, Oh Sehun.” Jongin joked to Sehun which made Sehun glared at him. “Fine. We’re going now.” Jongin said and left with Chanyeol.

 

It’s awkward. Now both of us sitting in the living room, got no words to say. Then she took the first action. “Do you have any PC? Or laptop?” She asked. “Just go to the study room next to the bar. Wait. Hyojin, can I ask you something?” She looked back, waiting for me to speak. “Is there anybody who knows about you? Except for us? I mean like, friends or family maybe? It’s not only us, right?” I curiously asked her. “No. Only you and EXO.” She replied and walked to the study room.

 

 It’s weird to have another person living under the same roof with me since I was used to live alone until now. I kept on thinking about what she’s hiding about. I believe that everything has its own reason, which include about her. Lots of why are clouding in my mind right now. That’s why I ask her to stay. I need to figure out all of her reasons.

 “Hey! Sehun! Hyojin!” Chen greeted us horrendously. “Finally I met you. Nice to meet you, Jung Hyojin. I believe you know me already.” Baekhyun confidently said to her. “No, I don’t.” She replied monotonously. “Ha… Ha… You don’t know me? Singer? Singin’ In The Rain musical? Music Show MC? Ring a bell?” Baekhyun awkwardly said to get her not-interested look. “It’s okay. You’ll know me someday. I’m still a rookie though.” Baekhyun said as he tried to comfort himself from Hyojin’s cold response.

 

“Cut it off hyung. What are you guys doing here anyway?” I asked. “Pick you up. I mean, You and Hyojin.” Junmyeon answered him. “We’re going to Hongdae club!” Luhan screamed excitedly. “I’m not going.” Hyojin stated. “I’m not taking ‘No’ for answer. We didn’t ask if you’ll come or not, but we demand you to.” Kris finally spoke up. “I passed. People might recognize me there.” Hyojin said again. “We have private room.” Kris counter argued. “One single call, Jung.” Chanyeol added. What’s that even mean?

 

“Cheer up, Jin! We’re having fun here.” Jongin said. “Here. Drink this.” Kris offered me a bottle of Heineken. I took it from him and drink it all in one-shot. “Nah! That’s our girl! Wanna dance?” Jongin offered as he let out his hand for me to take. “I’ll just stay here.” Hyojin replied to him without taking any glance. “Suit yourself then. I’m going.” He said and left. “So you’re not gonna dance?” I asked her. She gave me no response and gulped down the beer.

 

She kept on drinking beers to I-don’t-know how many bottles. “Stop drinking.” I said and took away the bottle from her grip. “Just mind yourself.” She said harshly and snatched the bottle from my hand. I can sensed that she might be bored here, watching them dancing and flirting while she had nothing to do. Me too. I got nothing to do and it was getting boring here. “I want to go outside for a while. Want to join? You looked a little bored here.” I kindly offered her. “No.” She replied shortly, again.

 

I was going to walk out from the room when I saw Baekhyun hyung is going up into our room, in drunken state. I know it very well of how Baekhyun hyung could act once he got drunk. I changed my mind and returned back to the couch. “Why did you come back?” She asked uninterestingly. Before I get a chance to answer, Baekhyun came into the room, holding a glass of beer on his left hand and a girl under his arm. “I’m here with my friends now. You may go.” He said and closed the door harshly then sat next to Hyojin.

 

“Crazy arse.” Hyojin cursed quietly and drank her Heineken in one shot. “Wow. Strong drinker. I like it.” Baekhyun half-sober said and gulped down his beer. “Do you want to have a shot with me? Hey! Let’s play a game.” He suggested. “Fine. Let’s finish this in less than 15 seconds. If I can drink this, one shot in less than 15 sec, you’ll let me go. But if I fail, I’ll kiss you right on your lips. Deal?” She challenged him. She thought that I might not hear what she said to Baekhyun as loud music is blasting around, but she was wrong. I can hear everything. Who is she kidding with? Of course Baekhyun can do that. It was like he’s born to drink. They took a glass full of beer and drink it, less than 15 seconds. To my dismay, God decided to a little bit of luck to her, Baekhyun failed.

 

“Deal is a deal. Right? ” She asked. Baekhyun better not screw up this time. “Sure. You may go.” Baekhyun said sadly. “Good boy. But I think I should give you a little reward. See you later.” Hyojin said and kissed his left cheek. “Where are you going?” I pretended to know nothing. “Restroom. Want to join me?” She replied coldly. Damn it! Baekhyun was being stupid. She dashed out from the room quickly but to her misfortune, I knew it. I knew it yet I decided to let her be, pretending that I know nothing.

 

I’m pretending to know nothing, but I’m not gonna leave her out of my sight neither. So here I am, following her once again. The only difference is, now one of the unbelievable things I’ve been wondering about her before is secretly exposed and it surprised me a lot, beyond my imagination and expectation.

 

            “Where have you been, Jin?” I asked once she entered the house. It surprised her, but I can see that she managed to keep her composure. “Looking for fresh air. I thought you’re asleep already.” She replied. I stood up from the couch and walked towards her, folding my hand while observing her. “I don’t trust you. I remembered clearly that you didn’t bring any bag earlier and now poof! Suddenly there’s a backpack with you. What’s inside? Perhaps, drugs?” I investigated her. “Do I look like a drug addict? It’s not drugs, so don’t worry. Where’s my room anyway?” I stared at her for a while. “Upstairs. At the corner. 3rd room from the left. Then she took all of her stuffs from the living room and carried it to the room.

 

                Like what I said, I don’t trust her. I followed her earlier so I know what she did. The only question that’s lingered in my mind now, why would she do that?

 


 

Updated! :)

Thanks people for the good responses! :)

Please keep on reading and vote it. Oh yeah, and subscribe for more update!

Ppyong! :p