Chapter 54

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Goldilocks #24

 

“Stop following me.” I spoke as I was waiting for the elevator. “If you drive me to the workshop first then I’ll stop trailing you.” He bargained casually as he put his hands inside of his jeans pockets. “I’ve asked the driver to do it but you refused. That’s your problem then.” I prompted then entered the just opened elevator but he still followed me inside. Darn it. He kept on following me like a puppy for these past few days. I even asked Chanyeol to help me and yes, Chanyeol agreed but it was merely words with no action. He’s busy as for now to cover all of my tasks during my leave, which was his reason. Nothing has crossed my mind for what they might hide or planned behind my consent since Jamie seems like to do the same as Chanyeol. Yes, three of them somehow got closer after the ride home from the hospital. It’s not like I disagree with their recent camaraderie but I’m not fond of it either.

 

The elevator made a ding sound, signaling that it reached the basement parking lot. I marched out once the door slid open to unlock my car and there he was, still behind me. Now my patience is on its peak. “What the hell do you want?” He shrugged his shoulder casually before looking at me with a grin plastered on his milky white face. “I told you. Drive me to the workshop.” I glanced at him incredulously before I spoke up again to response. “Darn it, Sehun! What’s the difference of me or the driver who’ll drive you to the workshop?” I scowled but still, he was being so relaxed like there’s nothing wrong with his persistence and my rejection. Without much thought, he took out his phone and showed me a Line message with a smug face. It was from my Uncle.

You may ask Heather to drive you around

for London sightseeing when you have no

schedule for today. Have fun.

 

 

What the heck was going on? Uncle Will just texted him to make me his ‘tour-guide’ along with Cony sticker which he never did before with me? It was like everything was against me for now. Uncle Will, Jamie, who else were on the queue? “So…You’ll drive me to the workshop now?” Sehun asked innocently. I threw the phone to him and hopped into the car. “Are you going in or not?” I spat to the standing still Sehun. He stared at me for few seconds before turned around to the passenger seat door.

 

“Wait. I changed my mind. I forgot that Chanyeol and Jamie aren’t going to visit the workshop today. Can we just go to London Eye?” Sehun asked as he typed on his phone and of course, I replied with a stern ‘No’. I thought that he was hired here by the Korean representative to work, not to stroll around like a traveler. “If you were here to travel around, better go back to Seoul and I won’t mind to request another replacement for you.” I replied with thick annoyance, in every single word of it. “Well, according to the contract, it’s written that I can start to work next Monday, which is the briefing day for the Mont Saint Michel photo shoot so I still have 2 days to do whatever I want in London and according to Uncle Will order, you’re in charge for my free days.” Sehun stated as he looked at me with playful eyes and winked on me.

 

I casted a look at him to reciprocate his statement however, the words were taken out from my mouth as my mind suddenly reminiscing things that I’ve been wanted to forget these years. Those dazzling eyes that captivate my attention. I was staring, staring on his well featured face until he waved his hands in front of my eyes. “Are you okay?” That was all I heard when I got back to realization. I chose to ignore his question and nervously started the engine. It was a quiet all the way. No words were exchanged. Sehun who kept on typing on his phone and glanced around at times and the flabbergasted me who was driving in wracked mood, trying to shrugged off the scene in my mind that I can’t even differ if it was reality or merely fantasy. This is wrong, I reminded myself.

 

“A ticket for two please.” Sehun said to the vendor. “Who said I’ll get in that damn thing with you? Go ahead by yourself. I’m leaving.” I was few steps away from him when he caught my wrist and turned me around to face him. “You’ll get in that damn thing with me. See? I just said so. You’ll be my companion for today or stuck at the therapy session all day long. Choose between those two. I made a deal with Uncle Will to free you out for a session so I hope you won’t waste it into nothing. I’ll be waiting at the entrance.” With that, he briskly walked away and left me alone.

 

What the heck was that? Did he just command me around? He also threatened me by using my therapy and Uncle Will as his excuses! What was it that made him suddenly got that rash confidence to rub those nonsense acts on my face while he wasn’t even had guts to speak a word, not even a syllable to me before? Come to think about it again, it started after that night, the night when they barged into my house. Something must have happened when four of us were having our drinking spree. However, I can’t recall any single memory of it. Screw Chanyeol and Jamie for bringing many bottles of Soju and beers that night!

 

I exhaled desperately before I ran to the entrance but stopped after few steps. I saw him sitting on the bench not far from the ticket booth. “I thought you said you’ll wait at the entrance.” He stood up and put his hands inside his pocket before he respond me back. “Change of mind. The entrance is quite far from the booth and of course I won’t let you walk alone in those killer heels. Who knows what might happen?” I looked down to my feet and realized that it was a pair of Charlotte Olympia X Disney “If The Shoe Fits” I was wearing. He was right though. I never wear this before since I know working in these heels all day long would kill my legs as the heels were quite tall. “Why does it concern you so much? Now, shall we go to the entrance or not?” I walked away from him to the entrance, wailed at me to wait for him since he was few steps behind me.

 

We were waiting for few minutes until our turn is up to enter the passenger capsules. Sehun kept on muttering ‘wow’ as the capsules going higher and higher, showing us the view of London in the daylight. “Anyway, I like your new ombre hairstyle. You look pretty in it.” He uttered in random. “Oh. Okay.” That was all I said to his recent compliment, still looking outside the view from the capsules with no attention at all to him. “Can we see the Buckingham Palace after this?” He asked but I ignored him that he sighed in defeat. Sehun then looked at the glass before he spoke up again but this time, it caught my attention. “Stop giving me cold shoulders. I just want to enjoy the moment while it still last and perhaps fixing things if that possible. Can it be today we get along just fine?” While it still last? Fixing things? You’re definitely joking with me now, Oh Sehun. Instead of responding, I chose to stay quiet and ignored him until the ride end.

 

After the ride, we proceeded to the touring but we weren’t talking to each other except of Sehun who kept on commenting the scenes and telling me the next destinations would be until the sun goes down and we, or precisely him, decided to call the day off. “Just drop me here. You must be tired of driving all day. I’ll just walk to the hotel. It’s nearby to your house anyway. I also want to walk around for a while. Rest well and don’t be late for tomorrow’s morning flight. Good night, Hyojin.” Sehun ruffled my hair and smiled at me before he got out from the car.

 

I was astonished for a moment he ruffled my hair and flashed me a smile from his thin lips. I watched him walked away from my car as many thought were once again clouding my distracted mind. He put his hands inside his pocket and looked around as he walked on the pavement. It was only a day, only a day we spent together and it already shook the ground I was trying to stand firmly all these years. It wasn’t a good day well spent but I won’t say it’s bad neither. I was left bewildered by his action. Years of effort to move on is now taken away, replaced by a day of the unwanted reminiscent.

 

As much as I hate this, seeing him again in London after years affected me in different ways in which I don’t know if I actually lfond of it or not. I hate him. I hate how the way he able to effortlessly came into my mind when no matter how hard I tried to forget, I can’t. Whenever I tried to ease my mind, the only thing that kept on popping out in my mind was him. I miss his smiles. I miss the way he talks. I miss everything about him.

 

2 in the morning. It’s 2 in the morning and Oh Sehun still lingered in my mind like it was glued into my brain. Here I am, still         awake; barely get any sleep no matter how tired my body was. Sleeping is so hard when you have lots of thoughts that decided to show up when you’re about to close your eyes. I still got 3 hours before the ride come to pick us up to the airport for France’s Mont St. Michel photo shoot. I groaned then threw my pillow to the floor. Thinking that I won’t get any sleep sooner, I lazily got up and started pack my clothes.

 

Where’s the van? I’ve been waiting for 15 minutes from the appointed time yet the van is not here yet! It was chilly and here I was, standing with a big luggage beside me and not forget to mention that I was kinda sleepy now. What a bad-timing, my dear brain. Few minutes later, a van stopped in front of me and the driver got out to carry my luggage into the van. Chanyeol then opened the door, right in time before I get hold of the handle. “Come in.” He greeted. “How did you guys got here before me?” Yes, Chanyeol and Sehun were there already when it was me who supposed to be the first, according to the route. “Yeah, we asked the driver to pick us first so we can stop by at Starbucks.” Chanyeol explained with a grin, taking out a warm Grande of Starbucks and a box of Panini. “No green tea at the moment, so tiramisu will do, right?” I smiled before I took a sip and thanked him for the breakfast but it turns out that it was all Sehun’s idea. “Thank him later. He barely got any sleep last night so as you see now, he’s sleeping like a dead. This is also our first step to the project. Hope you and Sehun will get along well. Okay?” Chanyeol said then put on his headphone, leaving me alone with the breakfast and a faint ‘Falling Slowly’ by Glen Hansard on the radio. Then I realized something, the song fits the situation I’m currently in. My heart is longing for him, my mind disagreed with it. However, I can’t deny that I’m once again falling slowly to him. The man who was once a part of me, Oh Sehun.

 


 

I'M BACK PEOPLE!!! Have you guys follow our cutie pie Chanyeol on his Weibo (@real__pcyyyyy)?

 

Chen to sing solo! Gosh! SM should release a solo album for Chen D.O ByunBaek!!

 

I've been busy with my study lately which is one of the reason why i've been updating slower lately. :( please still keep up with this story. it's coming to an end! (SPOILER : this story will end in 3 or 4 more chapters! :( so please wait for the next update!)

 

Thanks silent readers :') even though i did ask for comment or upvote but at least few new subscribers in every update makes me happy already! thanks!! :)