Chapter 20

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Goldilocks #8

 

 

The Goldilocks #8

 

            It’s D-day. I put on my cap, glasses and muffler to cover my face. 4 hours before the dinner. I need a special card to gain access inside the building and the party. As what I planned, people would normally put it inside their pocket right? I chose to pick the card from Nam Jinri, an intern for Shin Junwook, Mr. Jun’s secretary. I purposely pushed her while she was on the way to the building, made her coffee stained her blouse. “Ommo. Sorry.” I said as pulled out few sheets of tissues from my bag and wiped her blouse. “I’m so sorry.” I kept on apologizing as I silently picked her pocket. “It’s okay.” She said and left.

 

I took out the wallet and yes, I got her card and some cash. At least I have some money for dinner since I’m almost broke. She’s the foster daughter of the famous singer, Nam Jin. I quietly put the wallet on the table at the security post and crept inside the building to my hideout, janitor room. I dressed up like one of the helper to organize the party.

 

7 p.m. The dinner was started. I thought it would be better if I wait until the middle of the speech then fled out from the venue. “They announced brand new clothing line and expanding their business to almost all sectors huh? Fascinating.” I muttered to myself. Once the speech started, I jogged out from the venue and took the elevator to the 19th floor. I entered Mr. Jun’s office. I scanned around the room in darkness and there! I saw the desk and his vault. I tiptoed to the desk and knelt in front of the vault. I took out the pencil dust I’ve made and blew it to the numbers, classic trick. 

 

123456. What the… Is that the code? It’s not a rocket science then. He used to be a mathematician. I tried few combinations in my mind but it, simple number with hard combinations. I was wrong for underestimated it. “What is the damn password?” I cussed and leaned on the wall behind me, trying to concentrate of those numbers. Hmmm… after few minutes of thinking and trials, I came out with an idea.

 

“21-43-65.” It opened. I should’ve been Veronica Mars or Sherlock Holmes assistant if I kept on being this smart. I was going to take the entire documents out when I saw peculiar drawer beside the vault.  I knocked on it and it sounded different. I opened the drawer yet there’s nothing other than his Sheaffer pens and glasses.

 

I was thinking hard of it when I suddenly remembered about something. It could be a Japanese drawer! I took out all of the stuffs from the inside and check if there’s something I could use to open it. I pulled up the base board with a tiny metal fragment on the small gap beside it and discovered another documents.  I opened the envelope and yes, it was the document that I’ve been looking for. This time, I won’t take pictures of it but I’ll take it away with me instead.

 

I stayed for a few minutes more to check the vaults and I’m so lucky. There’s a bundle of 50.000 KRW! Kids, let’s have massive feast tonight and some new clothes!!! Yehettt!!!  I stuffed the money inside my bag and zipped it.

 

I put everything back to its place once it’s done and carefully left the office. Mission accomplished! I rushed out from the dark corridors but s just happened.  I heard heavy steps once I got out and it was coming towards my direction from what I heard. “What should I do?” I whispered as I froze on the spot. Run. My mind said so but I can’t. Suddenly I was too scared to get caught by those securities. “Who’s that?” He shouted. Finally I decided to run but I stopped when I heard Mr. Jun’s talking to someone from the opposite directions.

 

I was so panicked that I can’t think of any idea. If I run to the right side, I’ll meet the securities and if I run to the left side, I’ll meet my death penalty, Mr. Jun. “Come with me.” Someone vaguely whispered and pulled me along with him. I heard a voice of fallen metal beside him as he pulled me. I didn’t know who that was. All I know is he was limped. I knew it from the way he ran. He was panting so hard and groaned in pain in every step while running.

 

“Be quiet.” He whispered weakly and covered my mouth once we entered a dark room which I supposed a pantry since I accidentally hit my hand on a water gallon. I didn’t know who it was but we remained in that position for few minutes. He slowly lowered down his hand then fell onto me. He was breathing heavily and sweating profusely. I brought him to the chair next to me and sat him down. “Don’t.” He whispered when I was going to turn on the light. “They’re still outside.” He stated quietly.

 

I waited for few minutes more. I waited for him to say something but it was quiet. Soon I got up and when I the light, I was shocked to found out who’s my damsel in distress. “Sehun???” I gasped. He looked at me and smiled before he fainted on the floor. “Sehun!!!” I called frantically. He was so pale and beads of sweats all over his face. Then I remembered that he was limping. I examined his legs and saw that his left ankle was casted. “Sehun! Sehun!” I kept on calling and shaking his shoulders but no response. What should I do?