EPILOGUE

Goldilocks and The Prince

 

5 years ago…

 

“Thanks for coming.” Hyojin said as she looked away from the guest in front of her, trying to avoid an eye contact with him. “Umm…” He stopped. He did the same, sitting nervously, looking down to his shoes like there was something down there. It was an awkward situation. Well, who would expect that things will be the same after all of these mishaps between them? The revealed truth did no good in them.

 

“The reason I’m asking you to come is to tell you that…” Hyojin stopped as the man who was looking down, now looked up to her in anticipation for her words. “I’m leaving.” The man now looked at her seriously, stunned by the news of her leave. “Why?” He asked carefully. “You clearly know the reason why. I can’t stay here under the shadow of nightmare that haunts me. I deserve better.” Hyojin replied truthfully. “Can we help you instead? We can fix this all.’’ He said as he held her hands and grasped it softly, trying to convince the lady to stay. All she did was showing a forced smile on her tired face as she slowly pushed away his hands from hers.

 

“I wish things could be as easy like that but it’s not. Sometimes realities are far from what we expect.” She replied in calm manner. “At least can you tell me when and where?” He said, trying to dig some information. “I don’t even know where to go yet but maybe I’m leaving soon. That’s all I could say. I’m telling this only to you because I want to thank you for everything. Thank you for always be on my side but I think it’s time to press the red button on it.” She smiled then opened her bag to take out an envelope and 2 small boxes, one with a ribbon tied on it.

 

“Please give these back to Sehun along with this letter. As for this one, consider it as a little gift from me for all of your kindness all this time.” Hyojin said as she handed him those. “What is this?” He pulled the ribbon to open the box and saw a set of custom designed gold earphone. “Actually I planned to give this to you long time ago but never think of the perfect time until now.” Hyojin smiled then sipped on her coffee.

 

“Can I ask you something?” He asked. “Will you at least coming back to us when it’s all healed?” Hyojin pursed her lips before answering him. “I haven’t thought of the possibility of returning but for healing heart, I’m not sure of how it would be.” She answered again, somehow calmer than before. “Then how about Sehun? Had you forgive him? When things are getting better for all of us, will you come back for good?” He asked again and stunned her by the mention of name ‘Sehun’. Her face went rigid and it was clearly visible that the name which was usually brought joy to her now has changed the otherwise.

 

“So…I guess that’s all.” Instead of answering, she decided to end our short meeting that made him surprised. “Please send them the boys my best greeting. I need to go now.” She stood up from her chair and grabbed her bag, slung it over her right shoulder. She bid her goodbye then walking away from him, leaving him in bewilderment.

 

“Wait!” Chanyeol spoke out in sudden, loud enough to made the other tables’ guests looked at them. Hyojin turned around and he stood up, walking to her. “Can I be honest to you? At least I need to tell you this before you left.” Hyojin looked at him, now in his eyes, no longer avoiding it. “Do you remember that time you found me sitting alone with my guitar at the park?” Hyojin nodded in curiosity.

 

“My crush was dating someone else but not me. The one I was talking about is you. I fell in love with you even though I know we won’t ever mean to be. I’m telling you this now, because I thought that you need to at least know how I felt and still do till today.” Chanyeol confessed. Hyojin’s lips curved up for a smile then hugged him. “It was me? Really?” She spoke up in the hug as Chanyeol hugged her back tightly as it was their last chance. “Mmm. It IS you.” Chanyeol replied shortly, emphasized the word ‘IS’ and kept on hugging her for few seconds until she pulled off. “Thanks for liking me and for your honesty. Glad to know that actually I met someone that’s so great to me like you.” Both Hyojin and Chanyeol smiled genuinely. “Wish you all the best, Jung Hyojin.” Hyojin smiled before she hugged him again. “See you when I see you again, Park Chanyeol.” She tiptoed to give me a short peck on my left cheek then walked away. “See you again. Hope time would heal all the pain in all of us.”

 


 

EPILOGUE!

The story is now officially over! Thanks readers, subscribers and upvoters for keeping up with my story for 1 year and 6 months.

 

Now as the epilogue is up online, this also means that the story is already ended in a happy ending.

 

Thanks for the GREAT (yes i need to caps lock on this) support for this story and sorry if there were gramatical mistakes here and there that might confuse you all. It took me quite some time to proofread them too! kkkk~

 

Hope we can meet again in my next story and of course i hope that i can improve my writing skill in story line, grammars and words too. :D

 

Best Regards from Sehun and Hyojin as well (yes i made this up :p)

 

LOVE YA ALL! XOXO