Chapter 56

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Enchanting Prince #30

 

A gloomy morning in Maldives, well, it was a gloomy one for me, not for the others. After the fight last night, I went back straight to my hotel room, got no mood to join the night at all. I spent my time alone in my hotel room, in deep thought of what I’ve said to Hyojin. It was true that the thought of suicide came across my mind countless times. I even tried once, but stopped by Baekhyun who was coincidentally in the studio that time. Thinking of me disgusts her. That’s what she said. She said those words sternly that people might believe her if it wasn’t for the look in her eyes that showed the opposite of her words. There’s a popular saying, Eyes are windows to one’s soul. It’s now proven right.

           

We were waiting now in the airport lounge, waiting for the call of our 10 hours flight from Maldives back to London. I got nothing to do as I looked around for Chanyeol who was sitting on the other tables, talking with Jamie with tablets and a stylus between Jamie’s fingers. Then I realized that all of the staffs and photographers were present here except for one, Hyojin. Where was she? It was 45 minutes to go before our call and she wasn’t present yet in the lounge. I grabbed my brown MCM clutch along with my Grande drip coffee and walked to the table they’re currently sat on.

 

“Where’s Heather?” I asked, not specifically to whom. “She’s at the other waiting lounge. She won’t be in the same flight with us. She changed her flight to somewhere else earlier, for a temporarily leave. Why? Are you trying to make her mad again?” Jamie asked as she scribbled something on her tablet. “Where’s that somewhere?” I asked again. “Why should I tell you?” Jamie retorted lazily. “Tell me now, Jamie Elliott.” I spoke again as I gritted my teeth, trying to control my anger as she was being a in this moment. Was it hard to tell me? How does it relate to her that she needs to act like this? Instead of answer, she ignored me and stood up from the seat, walking away from me but I stopped her and made her dropped her tablet. ‘Flight to NEW YORK GA2728 – 12.15 p.m’, that was what written on the browsers tab. “She’s going to New York?” I asked to confirm it. Jamie was surprised before she picked up the tablets and denied it. Lies. “She’s going to New York, right? Please tell me now. I beg you.” Still, Jamie wasn’t moving her lips. I snatched the tablet from her hands and turned the screen on and I was right. Hyojin changed her flight to New York, 2 hours from now until her flight. “Hyung, I’ll…” Chanyeol waved his hand casually, signaling me to go. “I’ll take care of the flight. Go and chase her now.”

 

I ran out from the lounge to find her. She was with us on the way from the hotel to the airport, so she must be waiting in the airport right? I ran around to find the terminal for Seoul’s flight. I asked the airport officials for the Seoul flight with my broken English few times already but nobody seemed to understand, which pissed me off since I was running out of time. “He is asking where the terminal for New York flight with flight number GA2728 is.” Someone behind me translated it to the officials in fluent English. I turned back to see my fellow model in my agency, Krystal Jung. “What are you doing here?” I asked her, still panting from the run earlier. “None of your business. You’re supposed to run to the terminal now instead of talking to me. Straight to the Food Court over there, turn left to the lounge area and you’ll see her sitting with her Grande in Starbucks.” Krystal replied casually then walked away. “How…How do you know? But thanks. Talk to you later, Krys!” I shouted as I ran to the directions she told me earlier.  

 

I followed the directions Krystal told me just now and she was right. There she was, sitting in with a Grande, earphone attached to her ears and a set of sketchbook. I sighed in relief before I approach her. I took off her earphone from behind. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be…” I stopped her as I planted a kiss on her lips. Push and pull, she kept on pushing me but I pulled her body closer to mine and held her body in my arms to kiss her before I let her pulled her body away from me.

 

“What the are you doing, Oh Sehun?” She stared at me incredulously and covered her lips with the back of her left hand. “Me? I’m here, trying to get you back in my arms.” She mouthed a ‘what’ with a ‘wtf’ expression on her face. The loud murmurs from people around us were audible and some of them even recorded us with their smartphones, saying ‘it was Oh Sehun from EXO’. “No. Listen to me. I’m here now, trying to get you back in my arms and once I did, I won’t let you go. I won’t let those mistakes happen again. I won’t let those people hurt you. I won’t let you suffer in grim. I won’t let myself to do the same mistakes in the past. I can’t live alone like this. I was a fool but I’ll try to change for you. I might not be the best for you but I want to be the last person you can hold on to. I promise you, we’ll walk through the hard times together. I won’t leave you alone. Back in those days with you, I was so thankful for you to fill my days in joy. Please don’t go and let me live in dark days for once again. I’m sorry. Please forgive me for being coward and unable to protect you from the bad. I’ll change. Please come back to me. I need you.”

 

“You know what? I really want to slap you, hard, right now, Oh Sehun.” She said as she gritted her teeth. 

 


 

HI GUISSSEEE :") 

I'm back for new chapter! I have both good and bad news. The good news is, I'm going to do double updates in return for my long hiatus due to my hectic schedules in the college.

The bad news is.... The double update also marks the end of this story a.k.a last chapter.

 

So.... stay tune for the last chapter !