Chapter 40

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Enchanting Prince #21

 

I was tired as I hadn’t sleep from yesterday. Me, Hyojin, Luhan and Junmyeon were trying to crack the code to unlock the file. The rest were sleeping while I can’t sleep because of this. Junmyeon just slept few moments ago leaving me alone as he was helping to crack the code which was still unsolved until now. Hyojin took lots of new useful documents yesterday from the firm plus with Luhan research, there were more to observe. Luhan said that we had only less than one week to solve these before the announcement of the candidates vote result.

 

“Where are you going?” I asked Hyojin who just woke up without taking my eyes off of the screen. “Breakfast and coffee. It’s too stuffy here as well. I need fresh air.” She replied as she wore her muffler. “Can I go with you?” I asked in a flash. She was quiet for seconds until she nodded. I wrote a short message on the yellow post-it to tell them that we were out for a break. “Let’s go. I’ll drive.” I told her and grabbed my keys from the desk.

 

“Stop ignoring me.” I spoke up when we were on our way. “I didn’t.” She replied. “Yes, you are. We’ve been in the studio for 2 days yet you didn’t say anything to me and didn’t look at me even for once.” I stated. ‘Oh’ was only her response. I had no idea why was she mad at me.  I was trying to tell her the truth. “Let’s just order McD from the drive-thru.” I said as I turned the steering wheel to the left.

 

“3 breakfasts set with scrambled eggs, 1 cheeseburger and 4 cups of latte please.” I ordered to the waitress on charge. “Are you Oh Sehun? Can you please sign this for me?” She said and I nodded with a smile. I heard Hyojin hissed then lowered her snapback. I gave the paper back to the waitress then looked at her. “Someone is jealous~” I cooed. “No, I didn’t.” Hyojin counter argued. “Then what’s wrong with that hiss?” I smirked. We waited for our order in silence, but not the awkward one then drove back to the studio.

 

“Stop the car!” Hyojin sputtered then put her coffee cup on the cup holder. I halted immediately to cause the cars behind me honked me in anger. “What the…” I stopped when Hyojin detached my sunglasses and grabbed my oversized hoodie from the backseat. “Yah! Where are you going???” I shouted as she opened the door and left. I looked around and parked my car to the nearest parking lot then followed her before she run further. I sent a text to Junmyeon, telling him to drive my car back and took my other sunglasses before leaving.

 

There she was, wearing my oversize hoodie and sunglasses, looked like she was following someone. I observed around for few minutes then realized that she was following a man. Hyojin probably followed her because of his suitcase. I saw a logo on it, a logo of a scale and…a star and a parchment? Who was he? Next, I saw her stole the man’s phone and wallet. She put it in the hoodie then bumped on him that made his briefcase opened and the documents were all scattered on the ground. I squatted down behind a sedan close to them. “Sorry.” I saw Hyojin apologized then took the documents then crumpled two or three sheets of paper into her pocket without him noticing.

 

“Is that my wallet there?” The man spoke while Hyojin was gathering the documents. Hyojin looked to the direction where he pointed, busted. Hyojin threw the papers to his face and dashed away. “Pickpocket!!! Help!!!” The man shouted and made people around looked at him and Hyojin’s direction. It was my cue. I bolted as fast as I could towards her. I pulled her hand with me once I ran into her and dragged her to dash away with me.

 

The crowd was looking on us, while few of them were chasing us. “Take off the hoodie.” I told her when they were out of sight as we few meters in front of them. “What? No!” She refused. “Just take it off and throw it somewhere. They might have recognized you with this hoodie!” I shouted. I let go of her hand to let her take off the hoodie. Once she was done, I took the hoodie from her hand and throw it into the garbage can near to us. After running for a while, I brought her to a small alley near an Italian restaurant and pushed her in. Both of us panting hard for few minutes until Hyojin spoke up. “What are you doing?” She croaked. “Help you! Didn’t you see the crowd over there? They were chasing you and you might get caught if I didn’t came and rescue you!” I reprimanded at her. She glared at me without uttering any word. We stayed quiet for few minutes as we were trying to rest our legs from the extreme run.

 

“Sit.” I ordered as I pulled 2 empty crates of bottle and sat on it. She sat down as she straightened her legs then fished out the wallet she picked and crumpled papers. “Han Joowon.” I muttered. She spread out the papers and read it. “.” She cussed. I asked her why but she ignored me and took the phone. “It’s locked.” Hyojin said and leaned on the wall desperately. “Let’s just go back to the studio for now.” Hyojin said then got up. I looked at her in bewilderment before I followed her.

 

Thankfully Junmyeon hadn’t come so that the car was still parked at the lot because we were too tired to walk. “Do you think I can get it back?” Hyojin blurted out. I stared at her and asked what she was talking about. “The law firm. It’s no longer my father’s. It’s now under my uncle’s name since 1 year ago.” She explained desperately as she kept on staring on the window. “I’ve lost the game. I was too late to figure it out and stop this all.” She spoke again. I pulled over my car immediately and she looked at me in bewilderment.

 

“Look. It’s none of your fault. Who said we can get it back? We’ve done this far and you suddenly said that you’ve lost the game? You’re not the Hyojin I know if you gave up easily like this. Get your up and fight this till the end.” I remarked. She looked away and I turned her face back facing me. “We can fight this all. Once all were revealed, things would back to normal. There’s always a silver lining for things, time is all we need to reveal it. Okay? We can do this.” I told her genuinely and hugged her to calm her down for a while before going back to the studio.

 

“3 hours for McD takeout. Seriously?” Luhan remarked. “Just take a rest for a while. The others and I will take care of this.” I told Hyojin. She meekly nodded and walked to the recording room to sleep on the couch inside. Both Luhan and Junmyeon were staring at me, demanding for explanation. I explained to them of what happened earlier and they nodded in understanding. I showed them the things Hyojin managed to stole from Han Joowon and Luhan picked the crumpled documents to straighten it.

 

“It’s unlocked!” Junmyeon announced as he brought the laptop to us. Luhan and I looked at it in amazement before we asked him of how he managed to crack the code. Junmyeon pointed on serials highlighted number of the document and scribbles of pencils from his handwriting. “It’s on the document about the law firm and inheritance from Hyojin’s parents. Few serials of number were highlighted including the barcode. The last numbers on the barcode is 31289. They set it on purpose. See the date. People would normally write date-month-year. The hint is 1999-5. In 1999, probably only 5 digits. Both the dates here are in 1999. So it must be dates in 1999. The pattern is date-month, 31-8, 2-9; Date 31 month 8, date 2 month 9. The document was made in 31st August 1999 and signed by Hyojin’s father in 2nd September 1999. Date-month, 5 digits. He separated it in date-date and month-month. 31-2-8-9, in 1999, 5 digits” Junmyeon explained.

 

“It made sense. Good thing it was unlocked but why does it written here on the papers that the firm and inheritance were all belong to his uncle? Look over here, from Jung Hanseok to Jung Hwanhee.” I said and pointed on the names. “It was edited.”Junmyeon muttered as answered as his eyes locked on the laptop screen. I looked at him again, waiting for further explanation. He turned the laptop to my direction, gestured me and Luhan to read it. “So… This one is the original file from her father and they edited it?” Luhan asked and Junmyeon nodded. “Then how about the signature?” I asked but nobody knows the answer for my question, yet.

 


 

QUICK UPDATE! kkkk~ Chapter 40 is up! what do you guys think of my story so far? Anyway, i'll never get bored of saying (it's typing actually :p) thanks to dear readers and new subscribers! GOMAWO! :) Tell me anything like critics or idea or basically anything in your mind about this story. Who knows it might help me (or maybe other readers too) in improving this story. :D

 

And i can't freaking wait for EXO's 2015 comeback, still haven't move on from OT12 but still, i expect their comeback. hehehe

 

i'll update soon for chapter 41 (by soon i mean when i have time to proofread it :P). 

 

Thanks fellas! :)