Chapter 55

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Enchanting Prince #29

 

“Sehun, please go a little bit deeper!” Hyojin shouted from the seashore. I looked at her in disbelief before I followed her instruction. I was now in the sea with half of my thigh was inside the water and she still asked me to go deeper. “Isn’t this deep enough?” I asked back but I could see her shook her head in disagree. I sighed before I walked few steps deeper that only my upper body was visible from the shore. “Now walk out from the water as you swish your hair.” I did exactly what she ordered me to do and once the shoot was over, one of the staffs draped a towel on me, almost immediately. Nice move though, today is a bright day but also the strong wind followed which made me shivered a little due to the photo shoot that made all of my body was drenched in sea water.

 

“Okay! Let’s call it off for today. We have only one scene left which is the sunrise for tomorrow at dawn. All of you may rest and have free time now.” With that, Hyojin left the set and walked to the bus. “Wait!” I hollered. I ran towards her and stopped her before she enters the bus. “Hyo… Heather, we’re going to have a bonfire and barbeque night later with the staffs at the beach. Wanna join us?” She looked like she was thinking deeply but when she was going to answer, I immediately cut her off. “Wait, you must join anyway. Chanyeol and Jamie would be there too. I’ll come to your hotel room 6.30 p.m sharp. Better be ready before that. See you later!” I said before I left her and ran to the crews.

 

She was going to say no. I cut her off before she got chance to answer me back. Why did I insisting her to join us later? Frankly, I had no idea. I just think it might be fun to spending time outdoor since it would be times better than locked inside the hotel room but then when I told them that I invited her to join us, Jamie and some of the main staffs were laughing at me like I just ridiculed them with some lame jokes. “What was the laughter for?” They all stopped before answering my question. So I did the right thing. Hyojin NEVER join any gathering after the shoots, at least that was what they told me. She always back to her hotel room and sometimes strolled around by herself, or sometimes with Jamie and I’ll change that. I’ll make her come with me. “She won’t come later. Trust me. I put my £10 on the line for that.” One of the photographers said on that matter. “Then I’ll make her come later.” I smugly said before I left with Chanyeol. “Are you sure about that? It’s not about the money though. It’s…” “100% sure, hyung. I’ll make her come no matter what. I’ll make it happen.” I replied nonchalantly and took off my clothes to cleanse my body from the salty water.

 

I looked at my Rolex and I was 5 minutes earlier but who cares? I knocked on the door and called her. After few knocks, the door wasn’t open at all. I was going to knock again but then it swayed open, revealing Hyojin in white night dress and her ombre hair was right-side braided. “Let’s go.” I said and held her hand. She was staring at our contact but I ignored it and just walk casually like it’s nothing. “Hands.” She worded out. “So? I just don’t want to lose my girl in this swarm of people, probably bunch of drunkards too.” I replied calmly.

 

“Hyung!” I hollered and walked to the bar where Chanyeol and Jamie currently sat on with some of the staffs. All of them looked at us, jaw dropped, except of Chanyeol who smirked and raised his glass proudly then took few gulps of his drink. We walked towards the bar and sat on the vacant seats. “So…What did you say to our ice princess here that she came here to join us tonight?” Jamie asked as she drank her Sparkling Cherry Sangria.  “Nothing. I only told her that I’ll come at 6.30 to pick her from her room. That’s all.” I told her casually. “The BBQ set is ready on the beach!” announced one of the staffs in charge. “Let’s go.” I stood up from the stool and pulled her along.

 

It was fun. All of us drink and having grilled meat together. Hyojin seemed to enjoy it too. I could see that she sometimes chat with Chanyeol and Jamie, also laughing to the jokes Chanyeol told her. “What’s the joke about?” I asked her as I sat down and handed them the grilled sausages but I was ignored, again. “Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. I miss them. I miss how I prank on Baekhyun oppa to eat cucumber and Kyungsoo’s Kimchi Spaghetti!” Hyojin told Chanyeol as she gulped down her cocktail in one shot. 

 

“Hey guys, I borrowed a guitar from the bar. Should we perform something? The bonfire is already done!” Four of us turned to the staff’s direction and saw him walking towards the bonfire with an acoustic guitar. “Let me perform something to all of you.” Chanyeol shouted then stood up and pulled the rest of us to follow him. “Give it to me.” Chanyeol said as he sat down on the log and strummed the guitar to find the right key. Jamie, being the carefree one, just sat next to staffs when Chanyeol started to strum the guitar but Hyojin still standing behind us, probably wandering of where she should sit. I took off my cardigan and expanded it on the sand, signaling for her to sit, which she was unwilling to do until all of them were staring at her. “Well… Tonight is a good night for all of us for sure, too bad that this is our first and last night in Maldives for the shoot. As the opening song, I’ll play the song which has been my favorite for years. It’s kinda mellow, but the melody is just nice. It’s ‘Falling Slowly’ from Glen Hansard from the movie ‘Once' and I’ll present this song to Heather Jung, the Executive Producer and Editor in Chief for this project.” With that, Chanyeol started to strum the guitar. The beautiful acoustic rhythm from the guitar captivated the attention from all of us, with no exception. I saw Hyojin smiled as she took few gulps of her drink and mouthed a ‘thank you’ to Chanyeol.

 

It was a good play from Chanyeol. He wasn’t born to be a good singer but the way he play the guitar kind of giving a different aura, a soothing and calming one. “I’ll sing too. Can you please play the guitar for me?” I stood up and sat next to Chanyeol. “Well… All of you know G-Dragon right? I know a song, titled ‘Black’. I want to sing…I think it’s more to rap. Yeah, I’ll just rap instead.” I looked to Chanyeol and he shared an ‘Ok’ look then started to strum the guitar.

 

The color of my heart is black. It was burnt to black, just like that
I break glass whenever I feel like
And I look at my bloody hands and think, why am I like this wh
y

Your smile is shining gold, but the way you speak, feel so cold
As time goes by, you’re becoming more like me
Sometimes I feel like karma is running after me, know

The real name of love is definitely hatred
Hope is the parent of disappointment and despair
Why didn’t I know that the shadow that has casted over my face
Was created from the light called, you

It has been a while since the time between you and I have stopped
Misunderstanding is always the cause of pain
Well
, I don’t even know myself
So my hope for you to know me is a misunderstanding itself

People smile with an effort, hiding the truth, As if they’re happy…

 

All of them were listening as they were immersed with it until Hyojin abruptly stood up and left the bonfire. The song was unfinished as I stood up as well, catching up to her. The others were staring at us, must be wondering why we left like that.

 

“Hyojin, wait!” I hollered to her as she ran faster this time, obviously trying to avoid me. “I said, wait!” I caught her wrist and turned her around. “Why are you doing this to me? Why did you come back after all these years? Why can’t you just leave me alone? Was it not enough for you to break me into pieces because of your damn ego?” Hyojin reprimanded as she hit my chest as hard as she could to back away from her. Tears were visible on the edge of her eyes, threating to fall anytime soon. “It’s because I still love you!” I shouted back that made her stop hitting me and looked up to my face. “It’s because I still love you. I want to fix things. I want to tell you everything that was left unsaid. I want to help you to get over this. I want to be with you during hard times. I want to be with you.” Hyojin wiped the tears with her hands before she reciprocate. “Fix things? Then tell me how. It’s too late. Would my parents come back alive if you do that? No. By telling those unsaid words, will it change the fact that because of you and that my family was involved? No. You want to help me to get over this? No, you can’t. I was hurt and the scars on me were deeper than you thought. I was bent, then broken into pieces that can’t be fix by a mere apologize and a damn song. I was already dead inside because of the ego and greed of people like you.”

 

I was at loss for the moment. “I thought that I can trust you but no, you turned out to be the criminal. See, you’ve made a really deep cut in me. I got the scars that I still can feel the pain until now, hunting me like crazy in every single ing night, in every single time. I tried to move on from the past but it’s just chasing me in and out. You want to fix things? You can’t. Why? It’s because you can’t be band aids when all you do was firing bullets, band aids don’t fix bullet holes. It only hides scars but not healing it.” Hyojin cried.

 

“I made mistakes here and there. I tried to fix it. I take responsibilities of the mistakes done by people I resent the most because I can’t bear seeing the people I love suffered by it. The guilt and sorry towards the people because of me was too much. Do you think it’s easy for me? No. It’s ing hard that the thought of suicide constantly crossing my mind because it must had been easier if I’m gone but here I am, still trying despite of the fact that I’m too fed up to face these s. Maybe I’m not reaching my best yet, but at least I’m willing to try. What about you? You ran away. You forget but you didn’t let it go and that’s why it still haunting you. You’re mad not because of what I did earlier. You’re mad because it’s reminding you of your hatred and resentment. You ran away instead of solving it. So am I the only one who makes mistakes?” I lashed out. “I made mistakes too, but at least I didn’t take people’s life on the line. I’ve lost too much for this and I won’t let myself fall into the same trap twice. I had enough. Please, just leave me alone.” Hyojin begged in tears then walked away, but somehow it didn’t convince me that much.

 

“You lied.” I stated. She stopped walking but didn’t turn around to face me. I walked to her before I spoke up again. “You lied. If all of those words were true, why did you avoid looking at me in the eyes when you say those? Eyes speak the truth and you just lied. Your face and smile might hide anything and fool people around you but not me. I know better. I don’t want you to become like me, fall into despair and blinded myself from people because of the black past. You leave Korea for good, yes you got splendid career but the haunting past that following you doesn’t mean any good to you. I want to fix things for the good of both of us. Please trust me this time. I know you still love me. We both do.” I said again and this time, she turned around to face me.

 

“No. I hate you. I loathe you so much that every time I think of you, it disgusts me. What makes you so sure that I still feel the same towards you?” Hyojin scoffed. “I’ll leave that question for you to answer yourself. You need to figure it out by yourself, with your heart. Besides, you won’t trust me and disagree with any words that come out from my mouth since you’re too stubborn that you’ll deny everything, including what’s important for your own self. So, it’s pointless if I word it out to you.” After I said those, Hyojin walked away and left me standing still, watching her back slowly faded away in the dark of night.

 


 

HIIIIIII!!!! LONG TIME NO SEE PEOPLE!

i know i've said this too many times but yes, the crazy weeks in college has taken its toll on me that I barely got enough sleep for this month. i also missed some updates as well. :(

 

but i found out that today Chanyel has created his soundcloud account (YAY!) 

 

hoping to listen more of his great covers in future since he's also good in singing (SM, more singing part for our big-eared boy please!) and probably duet with other members too!

 

Dear my new subscribers and readers, thanks! :)