Chapter 52

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Enchanting Prince #27

 

It was a loud ride but an awkward one. All four of us cramped in a white Ford Fiesta, drove by a London girl named Jamie. She was singing along to the currently played Taylor Swift – Blank Space on the radio. “So…How are you?” I asked her who was seated beside me. “Don’t talk to me.” She snapped without sparing a glance at me, not even once since we met earlier. She treated me like I was invisible and almost threw a fit in every single word she uttered. Then the ride halted as the red light was on. “Oh gosh Heather, don’t be like that to our clients. They’re kind enough to help you earlier. Show some gratitude please.”  She remained still in that position, sitting with her palm supporting her head and looked outside. The habit was still the same, always looked at the window without sparing a glance to people while she’s pissed off in a ride.

 

With such awkward atmosphere, all of us were silent until we stopped in front of a tall building, “Send me the schedule of tomorrow right away after you dropped them.” Hyojin ordered to the Jamie girl but Jamie shook her head. “No. You’ll take a leave for few days until you get better.” She scoffed before she argued back with the latter. “Why do I need to do that?” She blazed in a huff. “You better listen to her, Jung.” Chanyeol spoke from the front passenger seat. “No. If you don’t send it to me, I’ll ask Kylie instead. I’m being serious this time and Chanyeol, don’t you dare to meddle into it.” She stated in a dead-serious tone, ignoring Chanyeol and Jamie plead then left the car.

 

“Does she tend to throw fits like that?” Chanyeol asked in disbelief. “Not really, only when she’s pissed off.” Jamie replied but Chanyeol was left flabbergasted. “I believe that she wasn’t like that until I don’t know what happened but her uncle said that she has gone through bad past that made her like this today. She used to have therapy sessions. Her anger issue is really something. Oops. I’ve talked too much. Please keep it secret between us or I’ll be a dead fish if she found out.” Jamie reciprocated then started the engine again. “Does she always treat you like this?” I asked her, the second sentence I uttered in this awkward ride. Jamie shook her head before she answered my question. “Nope. My brother and I won’t befriend her if she’s a like that. In fact, she is a kind person. It only happened when something stressed her up or her anger issues ‘relapse’. We like her companion. It took time for me and my brother to be close to her as she isn’t the type of extrovert person. She’s also the one who were stayed with us when we got bullied in the college for being orphan. My brother and I heard that she had been through a hard life in Korea before that’s why we even understand her more for her current attitude.” Jamie explained casually then I was at loss of words to respond her explanation. That feeling of being guilty for her current life inside me grew fonder. I left her for good but it wasn’t working out for her, for both of us. I left her in hope that she will have a better life but in the end, fate has let us to meet once again like this, like it was a déjà vu.

 

“You know it from the beginning, Hyung.” I muttered when we entered our hotel room. Chanyeol gazed at me with his big eyes but no words were spoken out from his lips. “Yeah. I know that we’re partnering with a Korean designer for this project but I had no idea it was Hyojin until I met Jamie a couple weeks ago. That’s why I booked our flight one week earlier than planned so we can visit the set. I was planning to set the meet up for today’s dinner but you guys were met like this instead. Aren’t you supposed to be glad to meet her?” The tall man explained then proceeded tidying up his stuffs. “No. I don’t want to meet her again. Is that why you chose me to be your co-model? If that’s so, I’ll refuse it. I’ll book my own flight tomorrow and you may send someone else to cope up with you.” I stated.

 

“No. You’re staying. I don’t give a about how you feel for now because I know it was all lies. If you want to leave her for good, at least settle things up with her. End it properly instead of leaving like that. You are scared of leaving her. You can’t forget her. Just admit it. If you really wanted to leave her for good, do it properly. The unsaid words are still remaining in you so now I give you the chance to do it. Let’s see if you can do that. I know you still love her until now. So give it a try. If you’re really capable of leaving hand forget her, then we’d stop meeting her, the rest of EXO and I will agree to your decision. Stay for a week until the first briefing is done then you may leave. Deal?” The tall man inquired sternly then left to the shower room.

 

Should I listen to him this time? What do I have to say for myself this time if I could face her again? I won’t deceive myself that the truth is, Chanyeol was right. I can’t forget her. No matter how much effort I put to forget her, I just can’t. Her scent, her face, her laugh, her voice it was all like a broken record that endlessly replayed in my mind. Maybe I should thank Chanyeol for the given opportunity for the time given. Maybe the tall man thought was right about how I should settle it up with her before leaving her for the good of both of us. Maybe I might be work out for us. Maybe it will stay the same and I’m not supposed to regret my decision to leave her. Or…Maybe it was a fate for me to fix things between me and her. Just once, let me be selfish and face her once again for the unfinished story to be done, whether if it would be a happy ending or not.

 


 

Tao and his solo debut. dunno if i should cheer for it or the otherwise. his status as exo member is still vague until now, no clear and official statement for it. i'm not against his decision to debut as solo but he needs to give us answer before he put on the other show for himself. he said that Kris was a traitor, but at least Kris gave us a fixed decision unlike him who remain silent. I simply hope Tao announce if he stay or leave so it won't leave us hanging like this.

 

CHANYEOL FIRST LOGO SONG! BYUN BAEKHYUN AND HIS MUSCULAR ABS! CHEN IN MUSICAL! Whoops!!! those are the good news this far and also, GET WELL FREAKING SOON SATANSOO a.k.a Kyungsoo!

 

anyway, sorry for the late update and thanks for still reading it till now :)